TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Albums that are widely disliked that you enjoy

My housemates last year gave me a lot of abuse for this, but I love "Yourself Or Someone Like You" by Matchbox 20, I thought the last Nickelback album was a genuinely great rock album and I quite liked the first Crazytown album.

As much as people hate on Nickelback, I really do enjoy their music, especially their new stuff. so I'm going to second DCMaximo.

I'm going to add Limp bizkit's "Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water" only because it may be stupid, but it sure as hell is catchy, and some of the music itself is really innovative. Too bad the band is overshadowed by Durst.

My housemates last year gave me a lot of abuse for this, but I love "Yourself Or Someone Like You" by Matchbox 20, I thought the last Nickelback album was a genuinely great rock album and I quite liked the first Crazytown album.

While Matchbox 20 has had a couple of catchy tunes.......you might just have the worst musical taste on the board with that post.

Good lord.........

I'm going to add Limp bizkit's "Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water" only because it may be stupid, but it sure as hell is catchy, and some of the music itself is really innovative. Too bad the band is overshadowed by Durst.

only problem I have with Limp Bizkit is Durst's wannabe rapping and DJ Lethal...if Wes (or Mike as now is the case), Sam and John dumped those two and got a better singer and continued with the same kind of music i'd check them out...3 Dollar Bill was a fine album, Significant Other was okay but was their downfall, Starfish was also okay but the group was played out at this point and though some songs on Results May Vary show promise, it was too little too late...

I'm big on Korn's new album, "Untouchables." 

actually their newest album is "Take A Look In The Mirror", anotehr album panned by the music world which I think is pretty decent...they've lost a step since Life Is Peachy, but I own every Korn album and I'mnot afraid to admit it...

Yeah. Oops, that's what I meant. I don't think I've listened to much of Untouchables yet, though that's on my list.

The world is still treating Andrew W.K. as a joke, but I love his albums.

The world also tends to hate post-Pinkerton Weezer, but I like them just fine.

I also like the Presidents of the United States of America.

I got one that's pretty bad. KISS-Alive III. Now outside of maybe some of the hardcore KISS fans on the board, I don't think anyone likes this one. But come on, I'm no man to resist a rock version of I Was Made For Loving You. I think the only reason I like this one is because it's the first KISS Alive I heard. And off topic but are people really demanding an Alive IV.

I think the reason the fans don't like it, is because it sounds like a studio album recorded over crowd noise. I have the original DAT recordings of the 4 dates they recorded all of Alive III and it's on the official CD, but they made it TOO perfect and such. Alive I and Alive II didn't have that feeling, they had the raw recording to it while Alive III didn't.

Alive IV is out there, 2 cd set.

I Was Made For Loving You in disco-symphony style!

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

I like the Deftones, preferebly their last two albums. I probably wouldn't prance around my friends with them, though.

Oh, and Coldplay's first album was very scintilating. I liked it.

Guest Nanks

I have plenty, many have already been mentioned.

Metallica - Reload

Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish......

Saliva - Every Six Seconds

Three Days Grace - Three Days Grace

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

Nanks, for someone that reviews music, you'd think you'd have a bit better fucking taste.

Nanks, for someone that reviews music, you'd think you'd have a bit better fucking taste.

taste is a matter of opinion...

anyway, add Slipknot to my list...i like these guys where most people don't, but i would have liked them without the whole mask gimmick just as well, but since they started that way, they would probably suck without the masks...Iowa was weak, but the first album was good and this latest album is pretty damn good as well...

Guest Agent of Oblivion

You know, for someone who considers multiple Greenday and Offspring and Grinspoon albums to be *****, one would think you'd be a bit more judicious with ciriticising people.

I can go ahead and ban you if you don't have anything to add here, though...

You know, for someone who considers multiple Greenday and Offspring and Grinspoon albums to be *****, one would think you'd be a bit more judicious with ciriticising people.

Why threaten to ban somebody for slagging off another's taste in music? What do you think this folders for? I've seen you do it yourself on numerous occasions so its not something you should even threaten to wave your little mod dick over.

Why threaten to ban somebody for slagging off another's taste in music? What do you think this folders for? I've seen you do it yourself on numerous occasions so its not something you should even threaten to wave your little mod dick over.

i think anorak should be banned for taking that post seriously.

Re: The Kiss Albums

I'm a fan of Alive III myself. The live version of "I Still Love You" is great, and it was awesome to have a fun song like "I Just Wanna" put on their, especially since they were coming off the heels of the great "Revenge" album that gave us that song.

The solo albums I have to agree with wholeheartedly. Peter's left a lot to be desired. I also own his Criss Cat album from '94 or so, and the only song I even remember from it was "Blue Moon Over Brooklyn", which I believe was about his mother dying if I remember correctly. Otherwise, I couldn't tell you any other song from it.

As far as CD's go that most people don't like, that's a reference to most of my collection, seeing as how I'm more of a pop/dance/techno/club music person than most of the contigent here.

I think the reason the fans don't like it, is because it sounds like a studio album recorded over crowd noise. I have the original DAT recordings of the 4 dates they recorded all of Alive III and it's on the official CD, but they made it TOO perfect and such. Alive I and Alive II didn't have that feeling, they had the raw recording to it while Alive III didn't.

Alive IV is out there, 2 cd set.

I Was Made For Loving You in disco-symphony style!

I forgot about that. I thought it was called KISS Symphony. Didn't they record a live record a few years back, that was going to be called Alive IV but never released?

And another question, seeing how your the biggest KISS fan on the board. Can you name any redeemable qualities about the Peter Criss solo album?

Totally unrelated but two other albums I enjoyed that most on this board wouldn't like, are the Backstreet Boys and N' Sync's first albums. I still love the production on these two, Max Martin is the MAN! I heard Andrew WK wants to work with Max Martin for his next album. Max Martin+Andrew WK=Best album ever.

Backstreet Boys first album > NSync's first album

every other Nsync album afterwards > every other Backstreet album afterwards

Dude, what the fuck...

Backstreet Boys first album > NSync's first album

every other Nsync album afterwards > every other Backstreet album afterwards

Dude, what the fuck...

what's your question?

why did i rank them the way i did or why do i know enough about those albums to rank them at all?

i have no problems with either group whatsoever, i think they both can sing and for pop music they put out good tunes...this was a thread about albums everyone dislikes but i like and i like them, so what?

I'll listen to an entire Slayer album one day and the next day listen to an entire NSync album, just depends on what i feel like hearing...

You're well within your boundaries to analyze these two groups, I just never in my wildest dreams thought I'd see the merits of Backstreet Boys and N'Sync albums be debated here. I guess its better than talking about Evanscense.

You're well within your boundaries to analyze these two groups, I just never in my wildest dreams thought I'd see the merits of Backstreet Boys and N'Sync albums be debated here.  I guess its better than talking about Evanscense.

that group sucks, Lacuna Coil blows them away...

and seriously, if you look at all the pop over the years, nothing comes close to what Nsync and Backstreet has done for pop with the exception of Michael Jackson...

I never liked any of the balladry that was the bread-and-butter for acts like Boyz II Men. Even thinking about "End of the Road" makes me want to take a screwdriver to my ear canal, but "Motown Philly" was a great song.

Guest Vitamin X

I remember having a vote here sometime ago...

Amy Lee (Evanescence) vs. Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil) vs. Anneke Van Giersbergen (The Gathering)

and last I checked it was Amy 13, Cristina 15, and Anneke 3.... I think Cristina has the MUCH better band, but not the better voice. I'm willing to say that Amy has one of the better female voices out there, unfortunately saddled with a shitty band. So anyways, I don't really see where much of the hatred for them if it includes Lee, and they're definitely better than fucking Nickelback or Three Doors Down.