TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Albums that are widely disliked that you enjoy

Nanks, for someone that reviews music, you'd think you'd have a bit better fucking taste.

You know, for someone who considers multiple Greenday and Offspring and Grinspoon albums to be *****, one would think you'd be a bit more judicious with ciriticising people.

I can go ahead and ban you if you don't have anything to add here, though...

Why threaten to ban somebody for slagging off another's taste in music? What do you think this folders for? I've seen you do it yourself on numerous occasions so its not something you should even threaten to wave your little mod dick over.

i think anorak should be banned for taking that post seriously.

You know what I hate? People quoting the post directly above them.

I like Max Martin produced pop. So I like Baby One More Time, Oops I Did It Again, Millenium and No Strings Attached. They're not substantive or anything, but they're good, well-produced pop.

I think the reason the fans don't like it, is because it sounds like a studio album recorded over crowd noise. I have the original DAT recordings of the 4 dates they recorded all of Alive III and it's on the official CD, but they made it TOO perfect and such. Alive I and Alive II didn't have that feeling, they had the raw recording to it while Alive III didn't.

Alive IV is out there, 2 cd set.

I Was Made For Loving You in disco-symphony style!

And another question, seeing how your the biggest KISS fan on the board. Can you name any redeemable qualities about the Peter Criss solo album?

Peter Criss's solo album is quite interesting.

The era was when the catman was high on drugs, and oozing of booze.

He wanted to be like his idols (Sinatara, Jazz stuff)

He wanted alot of horns on it and soft beat drums, which you can hear ALOT of. He also covers "Tossin and Turnin", which isn't a bad tune, but not a KISS tune.

"Don't You Let Me Down" sucks cause its a fucking ripoff of "Stand By Me" by Ben E. King

Two thumbs down, give me Gene's 78 solo album ANYDAY.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking
Nanks, for someone that reviews music, you'd think you'd have a bit better fucking taste.

You know, for someone who considers multiple Greenday and Offspring and Grinspoon albums to be *****, one would think you'd be a bit more judicious with ciriticising people.

Why threaten to ban somebody for slagging off another's taste in music? What do you think this folders for? I've seen you do it yourself on numerous occasions so its not something you should even threaten to wave your little mod dick over.

It's not as bad as people who post second in a thread and quote the opener.

*Collects coin with glee*

So UYI, did you attend that BEC show in '96?

I like Max Martin produced pop. So I like Baby One More Time, Oops I Did It Again, Millenium and No Strings Attached. They're not substantive or anything, but they're good, well-produced pop.

Why because they all have the same effects in the backgrounds of the hits?

::vomits::

People post the one above them just incase someone posts before they're done and makes it hard to understand who their comments are directed at.

Guest Vitamin X
I like Max Martin produced pop.  So I like Baby One More Time, Oops I Did It Again, Millenium and No Strings Attached.  They're not substantive or anything, but they're good, well-produced pop.

If you'll ever notice, Baby One More Time and Oops I Did it Again are the EXACT same song with different lyrics and a very slightly different noise effect for the background.

Which is pointless when it only takes a couple of seconds to edit any post if that does occur. Stupid lazy fuckers.

That's what I do. I post it and if no one posted I edit the quote out.

I like Max Martin produced pop.  So I like Baby One More Time, Oops I Did It Again, Millenium and No Strings Attached.  They're not substantive or anything, but they're good, well-produced pop.

If you'll ever notice, Baby One More Time and Oops I Did it Again are the EXACT same song with different lyrics and a very slightly different noise effect for the background.

As if her target audience would notice or care.

A lot of people really don't like the Audioslave album. And true, it isn't as good as Soundgarden or Rage Against The Machine. But there are 4 or 5 good songs on there and nothing's too horrible.

I used to have the Lit album with My Own Worst Enemy on it(On cassette for some reason) and honestly, it was pretty good. I'd check it out again, if I didn't lose it.

I used to have the Lit album with My Own Worst Enemy on it(On cassette for some reason) and honestly, it was pretty good. I'd check it out again, if I didn't lose it.

i have that CD, only one of theirs I have, it doesn't get regular play but every once in awhile i'll pop it in...

You know what I hate? Myself.

edited for accuracy.

A lot of people really don't like the Audioslave album. And true, it isn't as good as Soundgarden or Rage Against The Machine. But there are 4 or 5 good songs on there and nothing's too horrible.

I have Badmotorfinger and that CD is the biggest acid trip I've ever heard. I can't even listen to the thing. They're definitely a talented group, but I can't get into them at all.

I don't see why not. Of the fans I've spoken with in real life, the most don't like Cocky, I guess because most of the fans I know are a bigger fan of his larger-than-life bombastic rap/rock stuff and aren't particularly big fans of country-ish music.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I dug Evenescence, and everyone but me and Dames seemingly thinks they're a female Linkin Park.

A lot of people really don't like the Audioslave album. And true, it isn't as  good as Soundgarden or Rage Against The Machine. But there are 4 or 5 good songs on there and nothing's too horrible.

I have Badmotorfinger and that CD is the biggest acid trip I've ever heard. I can't even listen to the thing. They're definitely a talented group, but I can't get into them at all.

Interestingly, they're the only band I consider grunge that I can listen to. I don't see the 'acid trip' thing, what do you mean? It's tight and accessible rock, I'd say.

You know what I hate? Myself.

edited for accuracy.

So you DO know how to use the edit button! Well done! If you just look back up the page you'll see a simple guide to how the edit feature can eliminate the need to quote the post directly above you ever again courtesy of myself and LaParkaMarka. You're welcome!

Alien Ant Farm - ANThology

Great album, though severely underrated due to having "Smooth Criminal" as a novelty hit and that fact that they act like tossers in the video. "TruANT" was pretty good as well, they tried experimenting with a few new things which ultimately killed off any interest from the nu-metal crowd.

Others I like that many hate (seeing as I have "the worst taste on the board" :D :

Deep Blue Something-Home

Manic Street Preachers-This Is My Truth, Tell Me Yours

New Found Glory-Sticks And Stones

Something Corporate-Leaving Through The Window

Wheatus-Wheatus

Alien Ant Farm - ANThology

Great album, though severely underrated due to having "Smooth Criminal" as a novelty hit and that fact that they act like tossers in the video. "TruANT" was pretty good as well, they tried experimenting with a few new things which ultimately killed off any interest from the nu-metal crowd.

Others I like that many hate (seeing as I have "the worst taste on the board" :D :

Deep Blue Something-Home

New Found Glory-Sticks And Stones

Something Corporate-Leaving Through The Window

Wheatus-Wheatus

:huh:

Hey, nothing wrong with Wheatus at all! OK, their third choice of single (in the UK at least it was Leeroy and Wannabe Gangster as a double A-side) was poor, but the album has some hidden delights on it. "Punk Ass Bitch", "Truffles" and especially "Love Is A Mutt From Hell" are all fantastic songs that, when I put them on car tapes, people can't believe are by Wheatus. "Teenage Dirtbag" is still a great pop song too.

Even though they come a very distant third out of my favourite Welsh bands (after Gorky's & SFA) i've never liked that album much at all. 'If You Tolerate This' was ok, it sounded like it could have been on Everything Must Go but 'The Everlasting' and most slower songs on the album sound dreary. Its not a bad album but I find it flabby and uninvolving compared to most of their other stuff.

I think what helped me like it is that I had low expectations for it when I bought it. This is when I was at uni and had very little money to spend on CD's, so when I saw it for £3 in Cash Generator (God bless!), I decided to buy it and ended up being pleasantly surprised, as I was expecting far less from it than I got. Sadly, this rekindled my love of the Manics, a chain of events that culminated with my spending an entire night in sub-zero temperatures on the streets of Cardiff, queueing to buy tickets for a small show at the Coal Exchange.

You can't go wrong at £3 can you? Sometimes you can really surprise yourself by taking a risk on something going cheap that isn't near the top of your 'must buy' list that would cost normal price.