TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Albums that are widely disliked that you enjoy

I can't abide by the Alien Ant Farm comments. 'Attitude' is one of the worst songs I have ever heard in the history of music, and I don't just mean in a throwaway mass marketed pop metal way, I honestly don't know how it was allowed commercial release.

So you DO know how to use the edit button! Well done! If you just look back up the page you'll see a simple guide to how the edit feature can eliminate the need to quote the post directly above you ever again courtesy of myself and LaParkaMarka. You're welcome!

Edit can also help...when you put down the wrong name.

and last I checked it was Amy 13, Cristina 15, and Anneke 3.... I think Cristina has the MUCH better band, but not the better voice. I'm willing to say that Amy has one of the better female voices out there, unfortunately saddled with a shitty band. So anyways, I don't really see where much of the hatred for them if it includes Lee, and they're definitely better than fucking Nickelback or Three Doors Down.

I'll just quote my girlfriend on this:

The whole album kinda sounds the same.

THAT is where the hate comes from. I can stand maybe one song by them, "Tourniquet," and that's because of the guitar riff (which, surprisingly, sounds like something you'd hear from a Gothenburg band). The only thing at ALL they had/have going for them is Amy Lee, who's somewhat attractive and has a really good voice. The lyrics suck, the music sucks, and the band sucks.

Now, Lacuna Coil...ownage. It's pretty much like the people in Evanescense went "hey, this band Lacuna Coil is making some pretty big waves in Europe, but get no airplay in the States...let's rip them off and simply the music and lyrical content entirely!"

Guest Vitamin X

Surprisingly, Tourniquet is the only song I find pretty irrititating. I think the album is pretty varied, but it definitely does go along one certain mood (I don't need to mention it's melancholy). I like the guitar riff for Tourniquet, but I find it too preachy.

I think what actually got me into them was listening to "Field Of Innocence" and "October" and they did a pretty good acoustic cover of "Heart Shaped Box".

Also, after listening to a lot more Evanescence and Lacuna Coil, I think the only two similarities are the talented attractive female singers and the overall melancholy feeling of the music, but Lacuna Coil is a lot darker, and has a guy singing, whereas besides Bring Me To Life, you'll only ever hear Amy Lee singing, which is why sometimes I can't stand Lacuna. That guy singer really sucks.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking
Hey, nothing wrong with Wheatus at all! OK, their third choice of single (in the UK at least it was Leeroy and Wannabe Gangster as a double A-side) was poor, but the album has some hidden delights on it. "Punk Ass Bitch", "Truffles" and especially "Love Is A Mutt From Hell" are all fantastic songs that, when I put them on car tapes, people can't believe are by Wheatus. "Teenage Dirtbag" is still a great pop song too.

Well, at least you can acceptably justify your liking of them.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
...which is why sometimes I can't stand Lacuna. That guy singer really sucks.

That guy is an embarassment live. I saw them open for Type O Negative last year, and he just squinted and looked like he was FEELING something, all without delivering a good performance. It looked completely forced, and made her stick out like a sore pretty thumb from the rest of that band. Any group of shmucks could've played that stuff like they played it. Terrible performance.

Guest Anglesault

Nine Lives is not a bad album. When placed up against 70s Aerosmith and late 80s Aerosmith, it's can't compare, but it's a 13 song album with 7 good songs and four pretty solid ones.

"Fallen Angels" is awesome to get drunk and drown your sorrows to.

So you DO know how to use the edit button! Well done! If you just look back up the page you'll see a simple guide to how the edit feature can eliminate the need to quote the post directly above you ever again courtesy of myself and LaParkaMarka. You're welcome!

Edit can also help...when you put down the wrong name.

Ha! Sorry about that.

I think Nine Lives is ok as well but as far as Aerosmith goes I wouldn't really recommend anything after Rocks too strongly. I wish they would call it a day.

Though not widely disliked, Pink Floyd's "Obscured by Clouds" is a brillient album that is possibly their most underrated work. The album "More" tends to get mixed receptions, but it's still pretty good.

Cabaret Voltaire's (really sucks that so few people know about them. Their the best "industrial" group of all timeIMO, and influenced so many artists, but sadly remain almost unknown :( . Anyway...) album "Code" never gets the respect it deserves in my humble opinion.