TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Salacious Crumb

TNA Folder Mod

Guest Dynamite Kido

Well, to get this one back on topic.......does anyone else think there should be a mod for the TNA folder?

Guest Dazed

Who cares about the TNA folder? Fuck the WWE folder mods~!

Am I doing this right?

Guest Loss

Am I doing this right?

You seem to have the right idea.

:)

However, for the most part, it looks like others would actually rather discuss the TNA mod situation, so I'll stay out of the way.

If anyone has a problem with the way the mods do their job in the WWE folder, none of us are hard to find. And that's all I'll say about it here.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Loss I doubt he was refering to you. He was probably refering to Nik, though I know you and FS had the flame war at SNKT so who knows.

Guest JacK

The only threads in the TNA folder that really have problems are those where Mike posts . . . whatever anyone's opinion on who's fault it is, both him and the TNA-fan peeps just go on and on with tripe for page after page, constantly ignoring and attempting to debase the other's opinion with wity one liners and the like.

It's not as bad as the Dave O'Neill thing . . . he went in like every thread (to my vague recollection) and dragged it off topic . To his credit, Mike doesn't do that in every thread. So I guess it's not too big a deal really.

Am I doing this right?

You forgot to put that extra layer of sarcasm, mixed with self-important detachment and passivity.

Guest FrigidSoul
Corey

If my word means anything I second Laz. Although from what people have said in here it sounds like he's getting sick of TNA. If he is then its not a good choice since you want somebody who enjoys the product and is willing to be active.

Guest JacK
Corey or Slapnuts would be good mods.

Yeah didn't he say he wasn't going to order again now that Jeffy Jeff was the champ? Does that mean he would be less bothered with the folder? Hmm it's a dilly of a pickle really.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Laz, definately quit watching after Triple J won the belt again....it also seems like he is a little disinterested in TNA right now......but I would second him as a mod too if he wanted to do it.

Guest FrigidSoul

If Laz gains moderating powers I expect him to drop Amy off at my house for 3hrs of hot passionate sex with me. She can see the other side of me known as "SexyBeastSoul".

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I'm going to go out on a limb here.

If while browsing your favorite folders here on TSM you happen to run across something you feel should be moderated, take a glance down to the list of Users at the bottom of the forum page.

If you happen to see my name in bright fucking blue, feel free to send a pm, and I will machete the superfluous thread, pop the zit, etc etc.

This staff is already enormous, in my opinion, but I'm not the guy that runs the place.

Guest Dynamite Kido
I'm going to go out on a limb here.

If while browsing your favorite folders here on TSM you happen to run across something you feel should be moderated, take a glance down to the list of Users at the bottom of the forum page.

If you happen to see my name in bright fucking blue, feel free to send a pm, and I will machete the superfluous thread, pop the zit, etc etc.

This staff is already enormous, in my opinion, but I'm not the guy that runs the place.

Good enough.....thanks for your help AoO. I am sure I am not the only one that appreciates it.

I still keep up with TNA, since I read Voice's Rush (as I format and post it), and watch Impact. And I'll start ordering the PPVs again once JJJ loses the title.

As for a TNA folder mod...one isn't really needed that badly now. But, if y'all feel like you need one, I'll take the job if you want me to.

Guest Coffey

I don't think it needs a mod honestly. "bps" is always around. It just needs people to not reply only to be negative and instigate shit.

Wow, 2 nominations, lol. I love promoting TNA and I'm actually one of the 3 people or so who gets along with Mike in the CE folder so I think I could approach him more diplomatically than others. Not that I think a mod is desperately needed or anything but if asked I'd take it...

Guest Dazed

Even if there isn't a mod online at that point, the p_report.gif will send an e-mail to the relevant mods, with a little box for you to say why you are reporting the post.

Guest Salacious Crumb

My point is that while you can still go to the other mods about something they won't necessarily know the folder. Let's bring Dave O'Neil up. Say he causes trouble in a thread and you report it. A mod will look at that and probably not ban him since they wouldn't have seen all the other threads where he's been a problem.

My point is that while you can still go to the other mods about something they won't necessarily know the folder. Let's bring Dave O'Neil up. Say he causes trouble in a thread and you report it. A mod will look at that and probably not ban him since they wouldn't have seen all the other threads where he's been a problem.

Damn Rant, gimme back my thunder.

Like he said, if you have a problem with a poster, why don't you make an effort to tell the mod where exactly the problem is? Mods do at least visit every folder here, but it should be the responsibility of the posters to make the mods aware of any problem posters.

Guest MikeSC
Wow, 2 nominations, lol. I love promoting TNA and I'm actually one of the 3 people or so who gets along with Mike in the CE folder so I think I could approach him more diplomatically than others. Not that I think a mod is desperately needed or anything but if asked I'd take it...

Quite honestly, if anybody is polite to me, I'm always polite back.

Hell, just to please others, I REGULARLY indicate solutions to their rampant problems.

However, to expect people to take a petition seriously is kinda ridiculous.

-=Mike

Quite honestly, if anybody is polite to me, I'm always polite back.

Hell, just to please others, I REGULARLY indicate solutions to their rampant problems.

However, to expect people to take a petition seriously is kinda ridiculous.

-=Mike

Oh I agree. I didn't post my opinion, but as much as I think TNA deserves a primetime slot, an online petition with signatures like "Mr. Asscrack" or whatever is pointless.

It's good to have you as the devil's advocate so to speak but sometimes I think the problem is you look for ways to be negative and rain on the parade so to speak when people just want to be optimistic in their support. I will say I've noticed that you've been more diplomatic recently and have shown some praise in the TNA preview and review threads, so hopefully people don't just pre-judge you if you're truly being fair to the product.

Hey, we didn't need a mod. I changed my name to mock him and consistenly posted in every thread he did to be his antithesis which eventually made him so annoyed that he quit the folder and bothered the Japanese guys until he was banned. I'd say that one was effectively dealt with in-house! :P

OMG 2 POSTS IN A ROW! LOL~!!!

It's good to have you as the devil's advocate so to speak but sometimes I think the problem is you look for ways to be negative and rain on the parade so to speak when people just want to be optimistic in their support. I will say I've noticed that you've been more diplomatic recently and have shown some praise in the TNA preview and review threads, so hopefully people don't just pre-judge you if you're truly being fair to the product.

My only problem with Mike is that it seems he answers every other post with a reply with his opinion, which just happens to completely negate what everyone is wanting to say, and it seems like he's doing it just to piss us off. If he wasn't in every thread telling us how TNA is bound to fail or how bad they suck, it wouldn't be such a big deal.

Honestly, up until a week ago, I actually had respect for him and thought he could make some good points. Now he's just getting annoying.

My only problem with Mike is that it seems he answers every other post with a reply with his opinion,

And what's wrong with that?

which just happens to completely negate what everyone is wanting to say,

I don't think he's negating anything, just offering an opposing viewpoint.

and it seems like he's doing it just to piss us off.

It's not his fault that you're pissed off. YOU have the choice of reacting however you want.

If he wasn't in every thread telling us how TNA is bound to fail or how bad they suck, it wouldn't be such a big deal. 

He's stating his opinion, if you can't handle it, maybe YOU shouldn't read the thread.

Honestly, up until a week ago, I actually had respect for him

Oh, I'm sure that means SO much to him...

and thought he could make some good points.

I'm sure he appreciates your "approval"....

Now he's just getting annoying.

Maybe it's YOU who's annoying?

Gosh, what is it with you TNA folks anyway?

=Slapnuts!

:P

Guest MikeSC
My only problem with Mike is that it seems he answers every other post with a reply with his opinion

We're on a message board. I don't think interpretive dance is a good vehicle here.

Just to let you know --- almost EVERY reply is based on opinion.

Ain't just me doing it.

which just happens to completely negate what everyone is wanting to say, and it seems like he's doing it just to piss us off.

Or maybe --- just maybe --- I see things differently.

As I post on the board today, an alternative that is worse than the current problem is not good.

If he wasn't in every thread telling us how TNA is bound to fail or how bad they suck, it wouldn't be such a big deal. 

Impact is an infomercial. That --- whether you like it or not --- is a fact. It dictates how the program is treated by FSN. If somebody pointing out a fact is upsetting to you, there isn't a lot that can be done.

Honestly, up until a week ago, I actually had respect for him and thought he could make some good points.  Now he's just getting annoying.

I feel the same way about the same people who feel TNA can do no wrong.

-=Mike

If you guys think that the TSM TNA folder needs a mod? You should have been with me and Mike at TotalNonStop, where every other post seemed to be directed at us personally since we were "TNA detractors" (even though we both only bashed JJ and Mantel for their terrible booking...oh, and we tried to convince everybody that Michael Shane wasn't X-Division).

Just to clarify, my sentence did not end at "opinion." My problem with your posting, Mike, is not that you give your opinion, but that you basically interrupt any discussion we're having just to say something along the lines of "It doesn't matter, TNA sucks anyhow." We don't care if TNA is or isn't an alternative to WWE, we just like TNA. I'm sorry if you don't feel the same way, but I'm pretty sure there will never be a perfect wrestling organization until you run it.

By the way Slapnuts, good impression.

Guest MikeSC
Just to clarify, my sentence did not end at "opinion."  My problem with your posting, Mike, is not that you give your opinion, but that you basically interrupt any discussion we're having just to say something along the lines of "It doesn't matter, TNA sucks anyhow."

Care to provide examples of this?

What YOU are looking for is a circle-jerk, where everybody tries to out-do the previous poster with accolades. TNA has problems. Since most posters there refuse to face them --- it's up to somebody to mention that yes, they have problems.

"Oh, that's all you do" --- well, gee, let me tell you how many TNA shows I've heard described as "bad" on this board. Thus far --- NONE. Not one is flat-out "bad". There is a ridiculous level of denial over the product and anybody who presents a REALISTIC look at TNA is flamed incessantly.

We don't care if TNA is or isn't an alternative to WWE, we just like TNA.  I'm sorry if you don't feel the same way, but I'm pretty sure there will never be a perfect wrestling organization until you run it.

And an alternative that is worse than the WWE does no good and if they don't improve, TNA could go belly-up tomorrow and I wouldn't give two damns about it.

By the way Slapnuts, good impression.

Is THIS the kind of discourse I "ruin"?

Yeah, we need a TNA folder mod --- I'm tired of being fucking flamed all of the fucking time.

"He's doing it just to piss us off" --- Jesus Christ, grow a set and pretend to be a man for five seconds, would you? If I wanted to piss you off, I could easily do so --- and provide as little substance as, well, you do.

-=Mike