TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

G-Phoria August 6th on G4/TechTV

G-Phoria

Best Adaptation- True to the source material, but still a great video game experience

Alt Sports Award Powered by Mountain Dew - The game that is most X-tremely X-treme.

Favorite Character - The character you love to love. A lot.

Hottest Character - The gorgeousnessest of gaming.

Best Cinematic - Stunning visual treats that further the plot and give your controller a short break.

Best Easter Egg - Sometimes, it's the little extras that really add up to something special.

EB Gamers Choice Award - Go to your nearest EB Games retail store or EBGames.com/vote to vote for this category!

Best Graphics - A joy to behold.

Best Handheld Game - The most pleasing portable game.

Best Innovation - Inventive. Ingenious. Inspired.

Best Mobile Phone Game - You spend more time playing this game than calling your mom.

Best Multiplayer Game - The optimum multiplayer experience. More than just you.

Best New Franchise - The most outstanding new entry in the world of video games.

Best Racing Game - Against the clock or against the best, the sweetest speed rush.

Best RPG - The role you most like to play...and play...and play...

Best Sound Design - Footfalls, bleeps and wonders. Aural fantasy.

Best Soundtrack - Best in-game music, incidental or otherwise.

Best Traditional Sports Game - Your footballs, your baseballs, your basketballs.

Best Voice Performance - Female - Achievement in voice acting by a female performer.

Best Voice Performance - Male - Achievement in voice acting by a male performer.

Game Of The Year - The ultimate.

----

Each page is linked to so you can see the nominees and possibly vote (I cant get it to work, but you might need to register), I would have put up the individual nominees but with 5 or 6 for each category the list would have taken too long to copy/paste/format and it would have been a really long scroll.

There are some really good categories and it seems like there was some actual thought behind most of the nominees unlike the Spike VGA carwreck. You can debate the crapiness of the G4TechTV network itself but this seems to be something worth looking forward to.

Last years sucked, so I imagine this will too. The catagories are lame. Best voice acting? That's weak. How many games have good voice acting? There's no need for both male and female either. Hottest character? Not only is that dumb, it's all girls. No fighting game, and other genres, but they of course have sports and "xtreme" sports.

What I'd vote for...

Best Adaptation - KOTOR

Best character - HK-47

Best cinematic - MGS Twin Snakes

EB Choice Award - KOTOR

Graphics - Silent Hill 3

Best Handheld: Castlevania Aria of Sorrow

Best new franchise: Beyond Good & Evil

Best RPG: Final Fantasy X-2

GOTY: KOTOR

Guest MikeSC

Actually, I'm all for voice acting awards. There is so little good out there is deserves recognition.

And no matter who dumb this may be --- it can't be worse than Spike's VGA show.

-=Mike

Guest Vitamin X

My picks->

Best Adaptation - Star Wars: KOTOR

Alt Sports Award Powered by Mountain Dew - NBA Street Vol. 2

Favorite Character - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - HK-47 (Exclamation: I am most eager to participate in unadulterated violence, master!)

Hottest Character - Final Fantasy X-2 - Rikku (Competition in this field was weak, yo. Ivy wasn't even the hottest SCII character)

Best Cinematic - Ninja Gaiden (I'm sure Final Fantasy has the win here as it traditionally has the best-looking FMVs, but I don't have a PS2 and haven't seen it or the other ones, and Ninja has simply amazing graphics and sound, so it's a viable choice)

Best Easter Egg - True Crime: Streets of L.A. - Snoop Dogg Cheat (special missions) fo sheez neez

EB Gamers Choice Award Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Best Graphics - Ninja Gaiden

Best Handheld Game - Didn't vote here since I don't have one

Best Innovation -Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow (Multi-player mode) It's about damn time.

Best Mobile Phone Game - Not a big fan of these, nope..

Best Multiplayer Game - Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge and I probably only vote that because I haven't played Splinter Cell in multiplayer, only seen it being played elsewhere but still this is shitloads of fun.

Best New Franchise - Viewtiful Joe

Best Racing Game - Need for Speed Underground.

Best RPG - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic..this game had me hooked for the past 2 weeks..any available time went directly to it. I couldn't stop playing it. So goddamn addictive.

Best Sound Design - Manhunt (the only good thing about this game)

Best Soundtrack - No vote, all those choices absolutely suck

Best Traditional Sports Game - Madden NFL 2004, it just might be their last year at the top

Best Voice Performance - Female - Bah fuck this category. Jennifer Hale as Bastila Shan gets my actual vote.

Best Voice Performance - Male - Fuck this one too

Game Of The Year - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

Guest CronoT

I had digital cable last year, which included G4. That awards show was a piece of crap.

Also, as for voice acting, I'm pretty sure most people don't realize that a famous Hollywood veteran did voice acting for KOTOR. Ed Asner was the voice of Master Vandar.

These G4 guys are morons. Check out the game review show...the one that isn't X-Play.

These guys make the Burly Bear show look fantastic.

Instead of bringing up a valid point about Ratchet and Clank 2--the one weakness I feel it has is length...they're babbling about "would you buy merchandise with these guys" and they're somewhat annoyed by the bolts coming out of things. Oh, and it's apparently "repetitive." *snort*

Guest Bannable Offense
G4's shows are so fucking horrible. The only good things out of their merge are still the Tech TV shows.

Filter's pretty bomb.

OK, I say that only because of Diane Mizota...

I feel the same about G-Phoria as I do about every other awards show: utter crap that's not worthy of the TV time given to it. But then again, it's not like G4's got anything better to show. except maybe Icons...and Diane Mizota.

Guest Bannable Offense
Diane Mizota?  Who?

Asian gal that serves as the eye candy during G4's Filter Top 10 countdown of whatever. You might recognize her as one of the Fook sisters from Goldmember, or not. Eh, it doesn't matter.