TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Czech Republic

Tony K. called Ken Jennings a dickweed.

They've been talking about Ken Jennings, who is now an 18-time Jeopardy! champ on ATH and PTI. Today, Screamin A. Smith asked Tony what he thought of Jennings and Tony replied "That little dickweed hasn't proven anything until he comes on this show against ME."

Facetious? Offensive? Sarcastic and self-effacing? I can't really tell but I was sort of shocked that he'd say something like that.

That was probably tongue-in-cheek, as Kornhieser fancies himself as a know-it-all.

I've been watching Ken for the last few weeks. Part of me wants him to just throw a Final Jeopardy and get the hell out, but the guy actually has a good sense of humor, and has fun with Alex.

Edited by Kingpk

I want him to retire undefeated. That'd be cool. What ISN'T cool is that 10% of his winnings go to the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints. They're gonna use his money to help baptize my dead Jewish ancestors and I'm gonna be pissed on their behalf.

The blind guy they had would have rocked this guy if they allowed old champs to come back.

Woah, I remember him. He was a sports reporter, right?

Seeing how Jenning's has made more than half-a-mil so far, I doubt he cares what Tony K. calls him...

They just take lists of dead people and baptize them. The courts have tried to stop them.

BTW I'm not Jewish, I just have some Jewish ancestors and Jews have been the most vocal against this practice.

Uhhh...wouldn't they need to get permission from the survivng family memebers? Cause if somebody tried to baptise my deeased grandparents without any familial concent, I'd introduce them to my baseball bat.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

That Jeopardy fag made me watch the show for the first time in my entire existance. He was pretty cool.

Guest Redhawk

1. Rosie Perez would destroy Jennings and the blind guy at Jeopardy.

2. I looked up an article on Jennings, and him being from Utah, he was called a "Utahn." I just found that funny. There are New Yorkers, Californians, Seattleites and Utahns.

1. Rosie Perez would destroy Jennings and the blind guy at Jeopardy.

Rosie Perez would do two things on Jeopardy! - Nothing and Like it. (I know, it's an old joke).

Now Rosie Perez' CHARACTER from White Men Can't Jump (Gloria?) would kick ass...

Guest Redhawk

That's what I meant. Gloria was the bomb.

"It's a food, Billy, that STARTS WITH THE LETTER 'Q'! And I got seven more!"

Bumping this up because the guy is now one day (probably) from winning a million dollars (he has $970K in 29 days), and he's tied the single day record of $52K twice.

Unbelievable.

Kornheiser may have been right about one thing, that they aren't giving him top competition. Seems like most of these people are just getting about 3,000 for the whole show. I mean yeah the guy is dominant but you'd think a few people would at least challenge him.

Kornheiser may have been right about one thing, that they aren't giving him top competition. Seems like most of these people are just getting about 3,000 for the whole show. I mean yeah the guy is dominant but you'd think a few people would at least challenge him.

A few people have. When you've got a guy who's got nearly 30 shows worth of experience at handling the buzzer, though, I'd think he'd just get more difficult to beat as time wore on.

So he broke 1,000,000 today.

Guest Smues

YOU SPOILED IT FOR US WEST COASTERS!!!! WHERE WERE THE SPOILER TAGS??????

Ok so I don't really care, I just like using the caplocks key. And it doesn't come as any big shock. I get the feeling at this point he'll go until he decides to quit or they just kick him out. I'm sure in the rules somewhere there's a limit on how much you can win and come back. Press Your Luck if I recall had a rule that if your winnings totalled over $30,000 you were done.

Press Your Luck if I recall had a rule that if your winnings totalled over $30,000 you were done.

Some guy on Press Your Luck won somewhere around $200,000 in one show once. He discovered that the pictures would light up in a certain pattern and used it to his advantage. They fixed it after that incident.

It was on some GSN two and a half hour special. I still can't believe I watched the whole thing, it was 70% commercials and the actual show was very boring.

Jeopardy used to have a rule where once you went 5 days, or earned a certain amount ($40,000 I think), you were automatically retired and entered into the Tournament of Champions.

And you'd get a car of your choice.

But the guy sure seems to know where all the Daily Doubles are (If someone wants to throw out a Twenty-One-esque conspiracy theory out there).

Yeah, but he's the only one picking the questions since he knows the answers to everything.

Jeopardy used to have a rule where once you went 5 days, or earned a certain amount ($40,000 I think), you were automatically retired and entered into the Tournament of Champions. This year they changed it to "you're on the show until you lose", which Ken is taking advantage of to a sick degree (30 fucking days?!). But unless Ken decides to stop himself, someone has to beat him, and they sure aren't throwing the best competition at him.

But the guy sure seems to know where all the Daily Doubles are (If someone wants to throw out a Twenty-One-esque conspiracy theory out there).

I'm sure in the rules somewhere there's a limit on how much you can win and come back. Press Your Luck if I recall had a rule that if your winnings totalled over $30,000 you were done.

PYL's limit was $25,000 for the first half of the run, and $50K for the second half (although you could keep whatever you won over that amount on the day you exceeded the limit). It was also a restriction for all CBS shows. All networks had time and/or money limits; it was a holdover from the seventies to prevent networks from rigging game shows for ratings again.

Jeopardy! has never had a money restriction. Jennings will play until he loses and will walk away with everything he earns.

Guest Smues

Quiz Show was a really boring movie so let's hope it's not rigged.