TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Just call me Dan

Turn heel jackass!

Guest Just call me Dan

No not HHH, I could really give a fuck.

Austin.

Damn it he's got the same ass match every time.  You take any wrestler, and throw them with Austin, you know you'll see a few of thier moves, a Lou Thesz, a spinebuster, and the Stunner. BORING.  Austin was a bad ass when he first busted into the big pictue as a heel against Hart.  He entertained the shit out of me as a heel and it was all gold.  This would stop the damned what in every promo and put some life back into this fucking jackasses stale character.

Guest Zack Malibu

I don't think Austin needs to turn heel.  I think he just needs some new characters to feud with.  The NWO/Undertaker/Big Show feuds are going to give us the same plodding matches.  But if they matched Austin up with say, Eddie Guerrero, then it's a fresh match and I'm sure it would be much better.  Austin just needs someone with technical skill (like Angle, Benoit) or someone fresh (Guerrero, Van Dam) to bring out the best in him.

Guest Just call me Dan

Well, then he needs a BIG character makeover.  He comes in the ring and his promos suck!  His match for the title w/ Jericho at Backlash was never taken seriously becuase where Jericho could scream and have emotion, Austin would talk about what he drank or had for lunch, followd by a bunch of what crap.  How is he a bad MF when he looks like a blue chipper out there?  Hisoffense is stale, promos are bad, has old music and even went back to the all black knee braces (WHY???).  Austin pisses me off right now and I hope he feuds with the Big Show rather than ME becaus his character is stale and it seems he is lazy for not expanding offense and tweaking that old gimmick.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

WHAT?!?

oops sorry. yeah Austin's stale i've been saying so for awhile, i dunno if a heel turn would help, but as he and rock are the two big stars in the wwf and rock isn't turning heel any time soon, it could happen.

Guest Zack Malibu

I don't know, cobain, I think that when Rock returns, now that the movie is finally out, that he may in fact go heel and have a title feud with Hogan.

As for Austin, yeah, the once amusing "What" thing is annoying and old.  The promos aren't what they used to.  But I just think someone or something needs to light a fire under his ass again, and we'll see him having better matches and promos.  An angle with the NWO or Show isnt' going to cut it.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

nah Rock won't go heel because his acting career is taking off and he's already set to do another movie.

Austin's being sloppy because he's trying to make the nWo look bad, which is sad but I'd rather believe that than that austin has lost his touch.

Guest Just call me Dan

Yes he definetly needs something to get him going.  For some reason I see the WWF doing an angle where its almost Austin vs the whole WWF.  

It would be hard to do, because nearly everyone would be heel in the rpocess, but I just likie the idea of no one liking him adn he is fighting for his job and to get the respect back from everyone.

Someone could bring it up in a shoot type interview about how he is nearing the end and he is boring and repetitive.  He thinks he can take time off when he is unhappy and tries to hand pick his opponents.  

People start coming at him from all sorts of places, involving the whole brand at times in an angle rather than the same old same old small feud= PPV match over and over again.

I'm just really sick of the babyface Austin and I don't see any other way for him to go but heel or tweener at least.

Guest Mik at Cornell

Not only will Rock not go heel but according to Meltzer...

Rock is now touring Europe promoting "Scorpion King." In a story last night in Variety, he said when the tour ends, he's taking a three week break before starting work on "Helldorado," which begins filming in September. When asked when he would return to the WWF, he said he wasn't sure, "Maybe in a couple of months." Seems to get more vague with every interview.

...we won't be saying him for awhile.

I agree, Austin should be heel.

Guest Brian

Dammit, I wish everyone could just be a heel. Angle, HHH, Rock, Austin, Jericho, (reform) Edge and Christian, Regal, Undertaker, and Eddie. Than, you've got Benoit as the badass, take no shit or prisoners face, and RVD the fun loving character who'll do anything. Ehh, we could use a face. Probably Austin, since he's the most popular. Oh yeah, fuck Hogan. Fire his ass. Let him put over Jericho.And bring back Ken Shamrock.

Guest Austin3164life

Blame Vince's botched Invasion.  Vince rushed it's arrival, and also executed the Alliance at Survivor Series.  Austin was the most entertaining character last year, and the "what?!" should be used as a heel catchphrase to belittle other opponents.  Another factor that kept him face is the arrival of the nWo in February.  Austin was supposed to stay heel, and feud with a face Chris Benoit (upon his return) for the #1 Contender's spot.  The three nWoites arrived, the Clique reunited in the booking meetings, Benoit's return was stalled until May, and Austin was forced into a feud with Scott Hall.  Austin probably became fed up that the supposed Austin/Benoit plans were nixed, and he had to work with guys he didn't really like too much.  Eventually, once he gets into a better feud with someone he has no problem with (Angle, Benoit, Rock, Rob Van Dam), he'll bring back his true workrate and we'll all see the Austin we know and love.......

Guest El Psycho Diablo

I hate to do this, but since this is the 'no holds barred' folder..

Not all of us like/love Austin.

The ammount of push and the insane ammount of airtime he recieved last year made me sick. Fourty minutes a week during the invasion, at the lowest. It was Austin v the World, yet again.

Remember leading up to WM17? It was so obvious Austin was going to win that it wasn't even fun to watch that match. He got so much buildup, and beat the Rock at yet another pay-per-view. Way to help his career.

Now with this nWo buisness. Oh, god forbid he dosen't want to work with somebody. Waah, Waah, Waah. Michaels and Hart supposedly hated each other, and those two were at least professional enough to work. It's always Austin this, Austin that, Austin against the world, Austin against authority, Austin getting screwed over, Austin always coming out on top. It makes me sick.

So what if he's 'earned his spot'? Just what does senority mean, hm? Guys like Gunn, Holly, have been in what, ten years? I'm fairly sure RVD has been in wrestling at least that long. Senority dosen't mean crap in wrestling. Look at Tazz, for example. Popular when he debuted. He'd worked his way up, too. Look what happened to him? He was buried.

..and here Stone Cold can't get the balls enough to put on at least a decent quality match (as he does with those named Angle, Benoit..) with Scott Hall. Instead, he half-asses it. Need I even mention the Backlash match?

"Oh..but it's the Undertaker's fault..he sucks..he sucks.."

I'm sure I'd get that response. No, it was a Stone Cold Snoozefest. I'm sure he'd be more enthusiastic if he was the one focus of the promotion again, or if he was winning the belt. No, instead, he half-asses it. RVD put on a decent match with UT. So did Flair, and he's much older than Austin is. What's the excuse this time?

I hear all this bashing of Hogan..and Triple H..and The Rock..and in ninety percent of cases, praise for Austin. "Oh, it's not his fault..". This recent temper-tantrum of his proved to me that he's nothing but an egomaniac grasping at what spotlight he has these months or years before he has to retire. "Workrate" dosen't excuse that. It didn't for Michaels. I'm tired of this blind Austin hero-worship. There are guys going out there and busting their asses every night..(Angle, Jericho, etc) that get lousy programs, while Austin gets the focus of storylines yet again. Apparently, it's OK if you slack off once you hit main event. It's worked for HHH, apparently. Now Austin.

-Shiro

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I'm sorry did you EVER watch any of Bret and Shawn's matches? they completely no sold each others offences and acted like dicks towards each other.

There's no denying Austin has been turning in sub-par matches lately but I DARE you to find me a good Scott Hall Match since he joined the wwf, house show or other wise.

And I'm no blind austin follower i critizized him for his walkout and his refusal to work with Jeff Jarrett.

Austin always comes out on top because that's what the majoritiy of fans want to see like it or not. that's why Hogan's champ the majority of fans wanted it even though the majority of us didn't.

For the guy who says that Austin should have a match with Guerrero, he did. And it was a classic face Austin squash.

And El Psycho Diablo, GREAT post.

>>>Another factor that kept him face is the arrival of the nWo in February.  Austin was supposed to stay heel, and feud with a face Chris Benoit (upon his return) for the #1 Contender's spot.  The three nWoites arrived, the Clique reunited in the booking meetings, Benoit's return was stalled until May, and Austin was forced into a feud with Scott Hall.  Austin probably became fed up that the supposed Austin/Benoit plans were nixed, and he had to work with guys he didn't really like too much.<<<

Get your facts straight buddy. Austin WANTED to be a face again so he could hog the spotlight. The only reason he would job to Angle at Survivor Series is because Vince and the Creative Team said a face turn would be worked in. Austin out for himself,?! Never that!

So, how was he supposed to be a heel when Benoit returned? In all likelyhood, Benoit was going to be pushed as a monster heel upon his return and go against the face Austin. Of course Benoit wasn't ready and Vince went for Plan B, the NWO.

Austin's so-called "walkout for the good of the product" is just a shameless sympathy ploy. The WWF product was horrendous during the whole InVasion period while Austin was on top, but he never had any problems with the direction then, most likely because he was the WWF champion, getting 30+ minute segments and his useless wife on TV along with him.

Guest Anglesault

I was surpised that the Taker match was bad. Austin likes working with him. Maybe he found out about the Big Show program.

And Hall got what he deserved.

Nothing was ever confirmed about him being hungover. Besides, with the medication he's on he would have been seriously ill. He can barely drink one or two alcoholic beverages, let alone enough to warrant a hangover.

And Austin is just as big a jackas for staging a walk-out.

Guest Anglesault

Couldn't he not take his medication?

As for Austin, I beleive his heart was in the right place, but the walk out wasn't a god idea.

Guest Dangerous A

God Bless El Psyho Diablo and Best Buy Member!!!! You guys hit the nail right on the head. Austin is a great performer. When he wants to be. For all the shit people give HHH and taker, no one jumps the ol knee braced one. He pulls the same type shit but is forgiven because most of the posters are Austin marks and are afraid of the backlash if they speak their minds when Austin pulls his shit. The 2 man power trip is starting to sound like it was real. I find it funny that a lot of the anti-HHH sentiment started when Scott Keith did his Smarks vs Glass Ceiling article. It seemed to me that SK and quite a bit of the smarks were upset that HHH didnt attempt to elevate Jeff Hardy in the 2 man power trip vs Hardyz program. I just wanted to remind people that Austin worked a match with Matt on SD and he squashed him just the same. Funny how no one remembers that. Selective Austin memory. Let's not forget how Tazz was treated throughout the the invasion. He didn't have to go over, but Austin didn't have to have him look like a total bitch either. Plus while HHH has Steph as his backstage chess queen, Austin does have Ross and good ol JR has done Austin favors politically backstage. Or so people say. My claim of Austin using Ross is just as valid as HHH using Steph. Hey, I heard it on the net. Just like you guys did.

Guest Anglesault

A lot of it has to do with Austin not being NEARLY as bad as Hunter and Austin himself being a victim of Hunter.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
God Bless El Psyho Diablo and Best Buy Member!!!! You guys hit the nail right on the head. Austin is a great performer. When he wants to be. For all the shit people give HHH and taker, no one jumps the ol knee braced one. He pulls the same type shit but is forgiven because most of the posters are Austin marks and are afraid of the backlash if they speak their minds when Austin pulls his shit. The 2 man power trip is starting to sound like it was real. I find it funny that a lot of the anti-HHH sentiment started when Scott Keith did his Smarks vs Glass Ceiling article. It seemed to me that SK and quite a bit of the smarks were upset that HHH didnt attempt to elevate Jeff Hardy in the 2 man power trip vs Hardyz program. I just wanted to remind people that Austin worked a match with Matt on SD and he squashed him just the same. Funny how no one remembers that. Selective Austin memory. Let's not forget how Tazz was treated throughout the the invasion. He didn't have to go over, but Austin didn't have to have him look like a total bitch either. Plus while HHH has Steph as his backstage chess queen, Austin does have Ross and good ol JR has done Austin favors politically backstage. Or so people say. My claim of Austin using Ross is just as valid as HHH using Steph. Hey, I heard it on the net. Just like you guys did.

i spoke against austin's walkout even though i'm an austin mark.

Yes Austin squashed Matt but he also put over Jericho. Something HHH never did. he worked mini angles with all the bit players in the alliance helping them establish their charcters, something HHH never did.

Stwph has a hell of alot more power than JR. when was the last time JR did austin a favour? last i can recall was back when Jarrett left.

Guest alfdogg

I find it funny when HHH fans accuse Austin of being a lazy prima donna who hogs the spotlight and is only out for himself.  I'm not saying he isn't, just thought I'd point that out.

Good point from DangerousA about Austin/JR.

Diablo brought up some good points.  Yes, Austin has done wrong.  And he probably will again.  He just doesn't catch as much shit because he's not as bad about it as HHH, IMO.  (btw, the O is for OPINION.  Keep that in mind when you are flaming me.)

I'm knid of in between on the Austin walkout deal.  I think it was wrong for him to refuse the job and walk out, but I also respect it because, in a way, he was indirectly standing up for everyone else who was (and is currently) a victim of politics.

"And El Psycho Diablo, GREAT post."

No offense, but did you REALLY think that was a good post or are you just saying that because you agree with him?  Because I've seen some of your posts, and I know if someone made a good post like that FOR Austin, you'd flame them because you don't like Austin.  I did think that it was a good post from Diablo too, though.

"It seemed to me that SK and quite a bit of the smarks were upset that HHH didnt attempt to elevate Jeff Hardy in the 2 man power trip vs Hardyz program. I just wanted to remind people that Austin worked a match with Matt on SD and he squashed him just the same. Funny how no one remembers that."

I agree, but think of it this way:  Most HHH fans I've seen will point out how HHH put Hardy over, but will never mention how he squashed him just days later.  So it works both ways.  And I do infact remember the Matt Hardy match.  I could care less about the Hardys anyway.  HHH & Austin can squash them as much as they want for all I care.  I too was disgusted at how Tazz was treated during the InVasion.

A couple more points from Diablo's post: 1) You mentioned Michaels-Hart.  I'd like to mention that Michaels allegedly (remember, NONE of this backstage stuff can be written in stone) refused to work with Owen, who was then buried by (surprise) HHH, and eventually had to go back to the Blue Blazer gimmick to stay over because of that.  And we all know what happened after that.  Fuck both of you Clique pieces of shit.

2) I'm certainly not faulting UT for Backlash.  He has been busting his ass lately.

Good posts from Diablo and DangerousA.

Guest caboose

I personally couldn't care less if people have issues backstage or not.

My only care is that when wrestlers, be ir Austin,HHH or frickin Spike Dudley, all give 110% when they step through that curtain.

they don't owe it to themselves, they owe it to the fans to do their best.

Austin's performance since the inception of the nWo have been way below 110%, #### he's probably only cooking at 50%.

The fact that he practically no-sold BigShow's chokeslam on RAW like he's been no-selling Hall for the last two months shows he's lack of effort.

Don't give me bull about how Hall and Show not deserving their spot and Austin being right to stand up and say 'no' to Vince.

Leave it backstage.

When the 'Glass Shatters', I want Austin the 'wrestler', not Austin 'the Guy who thinks he's hard done by'.

Guest bob_barron

I like Austin but that Backlash match was absolutely awful. Taker-Austin have had good matches before and I really think Austin was dogging it there.

I found the Wrestlemania match to be entertaining but Austin should've done the job. I think the walkout was really wrong and I think Austin was an ####### for doing it.

Hopefully we will see the old Austin- the one who gives it his all when he wrestles.

Guest Brian

Austin already changed the finish when Hall was drinking at the bar the night before Mania, as reported by the Torch Newsletter, so that is a moot point.

The Owen thing is like this. In 1997 at the DX PPV, Owen made the run-in didn't he in the main event? He had an easy program set up with Michaels, but he nixed it. Austin nixed a program. And that's where he was left.

Austin put over Jericho? When? If you're talking about the tag match, at the three times they've met I can remember after that (KOTR 2001, Vengeance 2001, and No Way Out 2002), Austin's done nothing to put him over. Sure, Jericho won two of three of those matches, but Triple H did much more for Jericho on Thursday alone, plus at Fully Loaded 2000 than Austin has.

HHH has worked his ass off, he's only slow. And he knew when to give up the spotlight. Not defending the guy, just thinking that him and Austin are in two different boats.

Guest bob_barron

Jericho also beat Austin in a cage match- I think Booker T interfered in that one.

Austin also beat Jericho once with the tights and beat him another time with the help of an accidental chairshot from Foley.

Guest Anglesault
HHH has worked his ass off, he's only slow. And he knew when to give up the spotlight

Hunter gave up the spotlight in February? News to me.

I'm sorry, but back in Summerslam '99, when Austin lost the Triple Threat to Mankind who then lost it to HHH the following night, I could have sworn I heard that it was because Austin refused to lose to HHH.

Guest Dangerous A

Whoa there partner. Bps 21 will school you on this. He'll say because Ventura was governor that Ventura wouldn't compromise his integrity by giving the decision to a heel. However I'll say that Ventura just being there compromised his integrity because he was already getting flack for it in the press. Plus I (along with others) heard that Austin didn't want to lay down to HHH because he didnt feel HHH was on his level and Austin was in his "I'm a star and can only work with ME'ers" mode because he nixed programs with Billy Gunn and Jeff Jarrett around the same time. I mention Bps because we've gone round and round on this one and althogh he brings up a good point about Ventura being governor and all, I just can't buy that as to why Austin couldn't job (even a screwjob) to HHH at Summerslam.