TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
natey2k4

Ric Flair DVD worth the money?

Yeah, Finally I've found a store that had a copy of the Ric Flair DVD and I just called to reserve it. I'm going to be picking up later today or tomorrow, and I was just wondering.. Is it worth the money? I know that's probably a stupid question... but there's probably been some horrible Dusty Rhodes moments, that I hope arne't on this DVD.

Guest momoracci

I'd say it's worth it if you're a fan of his interviews, plus the matches are in pristine quality.

instead of just saying oh yeah its lush or its really overated i will review the whole dvd for you the first chapter harley race the nwa championship is brilliant probably the best on the hole tape as far as build up goes and ends in a really dramatic cage match wich i would give four stars despite the stupid spotlight hogging reffere the next chapter dusty rhodes talking the talk has good buildup including the exellent ric flair .vs. nikita kollof post match angle and while the match was really crap from a workrate stand point i found it preety fun which may actually be a bad thing considering it was a serious issue the next chapter barry windham kepping up with the champ had only average buildup although if your a four horseman mark youl enjoy it really reedems itself in the match however wheir flair and windham put on a pure wrestling clinic the next chapter ricky steamboat the rivalry has not only the worst buildup on the whole dvd but also the most overatted match in their clash of the champions bout however the wrestlewar match is the best on the dvd and i like the way they build towards the finish the next chapter terry funk hardkore buildup is really lacking however the i quit match delivers all you could expect and more the next chapter the nature boy heads north featuring the 1992 royal rumble is a lush chapter in terms of buildup and the actuall match in which flair bumps perfectly for over an hour the next chapter sting definingh an era features the worst promo ever from sting not enough buildup and an average and dissaponting match. so all over all while overatted well worth the purchase.

Guest whitemilesdavis

It's probably the best wrestling video release ever. Seriously, well worth the money. I can't think of any shameful Dusty moments on the Disc, it stays entertaining. The Steamboat and Funk matches are worth the price alone.

They should've included the match between Flair and Sting at the first Clash of the Champions. Flair always said that the rivalry he had with Sting was probably the best. With that being said, it didn't make any sense that they only included onematch between the two(it wasn't even their best encounter) :huh: .

Guest Staravenger
They should've included the match between Flair and Sting at the first Clash of the Champions. Flair always said that the rivalry he had with Sting was probably the best. With that being said, it didn't make any sense that they only included onematch between the two(it wasn't even their best encounter) :huh: .

I can top that.

It wasn't the best.

It wasn't the most memorable.

It wasn't important.

It didn't have any storyline other than unifying the titles IIRC.

It was just a way for the PBP men to verbally blow Hogan for 15 minutes.

I'd rather have seen the Clash 1 match or even the 1990 GAB Match, which was the original blow-off to their feud...that just never ended! (stupid Black Scorpion angle)

i wasn't that impressed with it. Don't get me wrong, it's a great set for what it is.

But I was hoping for maybe some more matches, clipped would be fine. And maybe a little more sit down interview with Flair. Going over other things except the matches on the DVD.

Flair's matches with Steamboat, Race, and Windham are awesome. His match with Dusty and the Ruble match are really fun, and the Sting and Funk matchs kind of suck.

Guest SoZe

I absolutely love having this in my collection. The matches with Steamboat, Funk, and Windham are some of my all-time favorites. I just rewatched the Windham match last night, and I find myself loving that match more and more every time I watch it. Great stuff, and fabulous quality.

Another thing, I always felt that the match with Sting from the Clash might not have been included because it had the same finish as the windham match.

I also really like the cage match with Race, but a lot of newer fans may not enjoy it. It's a really old-school but believable style they wrestled. I cannot STAND Kiniski as ref though, and he totally gets in the way on many occasions. I know that guest refs were supposed to be involved, but what pissed me off to no end was how he kept stopping them from throwing closed fists. It's A FUCKING CAGE MATCH GENE, let them puch each other you damn artifact. The extras leading up to the match are also just classic, and there's a good bit of buildup to it, giving you the whole backstory as to why they hated each other.

Every DVD I've bought since the wife got me this has let me down. I bought the Foley DVD, and it sucks compared to this. This is the most well rounded wrestling DVD I've ever seen. It gives you all the segments that help build the storyline, so the matches mean just as much as they originally did. It's Phenomenal

Guest bigrockstar

B-) The Flair DVD totally rules.....10.5 hours.

Man thats like 10 regular tapes for like 40$. All great matches , incredible interviews. Buy it today!

Guest Monday Night Jericho
Flair's matches with Race are awesome.

I agree, it's just a shame they didn't include them on the DVD. ;)