TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gert T

Vengeance card

So for the PPV coming up on Sunday we have:

Chris Benoit v. HHH (World Title)

Randy Orton v. Edge (I-C Title)

La Resistance v. Eugene & Ric Flair (World Tag Titles)

Matt Hardy v. Kane (No DQ Match)

Chris Jericho v. Batista

While this is a pretty good card, I can't imagine they can carry 2 1/2 to 3 hours on these five matches, unless they plan about half an hour of Eugene-HHH backstage segments. But really what else can they add? Or will they just go the SD! route and just add matches for no real rhyme or reason?

The only thing I can think of just from this past week is another Tajiri/Coach match after what happened this week. Perhaps a thrown together womens match?

Guest bort

Chris Benoit v. HHH (World Title) will get at least 30 mins i think

Randy Orton v. Chris Jericho (I-C Title) could go up to 25 mins

La Resistance v. Eugene & Ric Flair (World Tag Titles) 10 mins i would say

Matt Hardy v. Kane (No DQ Match) a 15 min match

Chris Jericho v. Batista shouldnt go to long, ill say 15 mins

Add in some backstage segments and such and you will break 2 hours

I could see them adding a Tomko sqaush match or maybe a womens match

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see something like Tomko vs Val Venis or something like that.

Or how about Tajiri and Rhyno vs the Super Heroes?

Ibought two ninety dollar tickets for this show, so if they just stick with those 5 matches and give them all a lot of time, I'll be happy.

Guest Staravenger

EDGE vs. Orton is the Intercontinental Title Match, not Jericho vs. Orton.

Benoit/HHH can easily go 40 minutes if both are able to "go". IC Title match about 20 minutes, 15 or so for the tag, Kane/Hardy around 15, and maybe 10 for Jericho vs. Batista.

That's 1 hour 40 minutes. Introductions eat up about 15-20 or so minutes...

So they need to fill about 35 minutes with another match or two or have matches go longer.

William Regal should get a match. I would have hoped he'd face Flair, but I think that might be at SummerSlam. Why not Regal vs. Chuck Palumbo on HeAT? They've also got Tajiri/Rhyno/Maven/Val/HurriSHIT vs. Coach/Tomko to work with, and everybody else is injured.

They'll also likely stick a women's match on the card. Molly vs. Victoria with DragStevie coming out to make the save?

I say just add the women's match as a time filler and possibly Regal vs. Chuck or hell, even Regal vs. Val (who cares if he works heel for one show?).

McMahon won't be happy with just 5 matches. He'll probably add a #1 contender's match for the women's title so they can fight Trish later or unless they decide to give Nidia another chance. You can also bet that we might see Coach/Tajiri II, due to what happened at Raw last night. ;)

Coach and Tajiri could easily kill some time, either doing some kind of skit, or they could throw in a 5 minute comedy match between the two. All they need to do is have Bischoff announce the match at the PPV since he was gone Monday, and your storyline's already set.

Then, if you have Benoit and HHH go 45 minutes, which I think they could, the show should be in no danger of running short. With a good worker like Benoit, HHH will be much less prone to run out of things to do and lie around the ring. The card seems a little thin, but they shouldn't have too much trouble stretching it to two and a half hours.

Yeah I think Benoit-HHH can go about 40+, but I just hope if they stick with 5 matches they don't drag out the tag title match and Jericho-Batista too long.

And the 5 current matches will be entertaining so at least the problem isn't only a few matches announced and are crappy to boot.

I missed last week's Raw, but I can't be the only one that didn't know that Benoit vs. HHH was next week, right?

I suppose we'll see some sort of filler. They might throw together a women's title match if Trish is up to working it.

I find it odd that HBK apparently won't be on this card at all.

I thought it was Edge vs. Orton for the IC title at the PPV?

Benoit vs. HHH - 35 minutes

Edge vs. Orton - 20 minutes

Jericho vs. Batista - 20 minutes

La Rez vs. Flair/Eugene - 15 minutes

Kane vs. Matt Hardy - 15 minutes

Victoria vs. Molly vs. Nidia vs. Gail Kim - Elimination - 15 minutes

Cade/Coach vs. Tajiri - 10 minutes

Raw Diva Search Segment - 10 minutes

Backstage Skits - 10 minutes total

Heat: Regal/Richards or Maven/Palumbo done LIVE or something.

Guest Staravenger

I'd rather scrape the skin of my ass with a potato/carrot peeler than sit through that.

Hey, I wouldn't want to sit through it either...but I bet it happens, or some version of it. They will give Nidia something since she was made to look like a fool after defeating two top women in the division (even though it WAS a pole match which is a joke by itself).

Guest Staravenger

Nidia seems to get WORSE in looks. Last time she was on T.V. her ass was bloated to levels of Molly..except worse. This week she has probably the worst hair style ever, and insisted on wearing skin tight leather that makes her look fat in the stomach department.

There's no way the Women's division could work a match that long and be good. I mean, Molly and Victoria are fine and Gail can bust out some fun submissions, but the longest I could see one of these matches going is maybe ten minutes at best right now.

Guest Evolution

I'd rather scrape the skin of my ass with a potato/carrot peeler than sit through that.

But it's not a WWE PPV without a crappy women's match.

Guest Choken One

I'm fine with the Current 5 Man Card but I wouldn't object to an 15 man battle Royal-Musical Chairs style though.

Rosey-Hurricane-Tomko-Venis-Rhyno-Tajiri-Test-Maven-Coach-Cade-Nidia-Ivory-Todd Grisham-Jim Ross-Sgt. Slughter.

Guest Trivia247

Its five matches so they can spend the three or so match segments and 6 or so backstage segments they got left over all for the Diva search. Since thats more important than the exposure of the majority of their wrestling roster.

-The World Heavyweight Title match should be very good - excellent. Benoit and HHH have never had a bad meeting. The Eugene storyline mixed in well with this thur far, I'm very interested in seeing how it all pans out at the PPV.

-Orton and Edge should be passable. Edge has been weak since his return, but Orton is turning it up more and more lately. Might be a surprising affair.

-La Rez vs. Eugene & Ric Flair will be very interesting, based soley on the fact of the unlikly pairing of Eugene and the Nature Boy. Should be some first rate comedy for this one. I predict New Tag Champions.

-Batista and Jericho is a promising match-up. Jericho has been a little lackluster since turning face, but is still always a soild performer, heel or face. Batista, much like Orton, but on a lower level, is coming along nicely and is really working well as the monster enforcer for Evolution.

-Kane and Matt Hardy will be a brawl through and through. Much like the Kane/Shane McMahon feud from last year, this one will be a decent match, build up on the Lita prego angle, which I'm starting to dig for the hell of it all.

All in all, those matches are enough to make the PPV a successful one. But I also see a couple of more matches added to the card, by showtime. Perhaps a Women's single or tag match, and maybe another filler match with a couple of the midcarders. Anyways, looks to be a good PPV on paper. But, we'll see Sunday.

EDGE vs. Orton is the Intercontinental Title Match, not Jericho vs. Orton.

Sorry THEY all look the same. :D

Ah, ha! I was right.

AndrewTS, I didn't know Trips was facing Benoit either. I didn't even know the ppv was on sunday.

Yeah. It is just that I'm losing interest or has Raw kind of lost the luster it had for a while?

Maybe it's because they don't have a clue how to book Benoit to seem important while building up all the matches properly.

Has Kane/Matt actually been booked? It should have been last week I suppose. It's hard for me to care about it, though.

I never thought I'd say it, but I'm actually starting to miss HBK.

Guest Choken One

so no one wants a 15 man Musical Chairs match?

That should be the new Royal Rumble.

People will pay 34 bucks to see 30 grown ass men playing Musical chairs.

so no one wants a 15 man Musical Chairs match?

That should be the new Royal Rumble.

People will pay 34 bucks to see 30 grown ass men playing Musical chairs.

They'd better have 2 rings then if they wanted to fit all the chairs and wrestlers.

Guest Choken One

thats fine with me...bring back the old Wrestle War ring setup too.

Guest Staravenger
Has Kane/Matt actually been booked? It should have been last week I suppose. It's hard for me to care about it, though.

The match was announced during Kane vs. Batista on RAW (No DQ rules) if that's what you meant.

Guest Evolution

The Musical Chairs idea was funny and unique.

Let's not trash it, now.