TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

New Lance Storm Q and A

Q and A

July 7, 2004

Q: What are your thoughts on Protein Shakes?

A: I think they are a great supplement to your diet if you are trying to increase your body weight. You can only eat so much and shakes are a convenient method to increase your protein in take.

Q: What are your thoughts on Creatine?

A: I've used creatine in the past. I've heard some people can have kidney trouble with it, but I never had side effects. I felt a slight strength increase with the product and found I could maintain an approximate 10lbs weight increase with it. When I used the product I would cycle it 3 months on then 3 months off.

Q: How many of the WWE guys use these products?

A: I hate questions like this. How should I know how many of the boys do what. For the most part I only see them at work. I would imagine most guys use shakes of some kind, as it's hard to eat well enough on the road without. As for Creatine, who knows?

Q: What do the boys do all day at TV?

A: We are all different people so we all do different things?

Q: Who came up with "If I can be serious for a minute"?

A: I came up with the line, and did it for the first time in the promo I did to rename the US Title in WCW. All the writers loved the line and asked me to keep using it.

Q: Are you aware that the European Wrestling Magazine Power Slam uses "If I can be serious for a minute" as a title for an article in their magazine?

A: Someone at Power Slam sends me a copy so yes I am aware. I always check it when it arrives to see that they are still using it. It's my immortalisation. (LOL)

Q: Do any of the boys ever make friends with Non-wrestler in the company?

A: Some of us do yes. We see each other a lot so those who have things in common become friends, regardless of our role with the company.

Q: If you could have one more match, who would it be with?

A: I'd like to have my last match with Jericho, so I'd pick him. He was my first, it would be cool if he was my last.

Q: What was the worst match you've ever had?

A: This distinction goes to my first Tag Match. Chris Jericho and I tagged against Steve Gillespie (a Stampede opening match guy) and Ed Langley an old guy who help run the Hart camp for Keith Hart. They eat us up and ran an unbelievably bad match.

Q: Did you ever do an angle you didn't like?

A: I disliked the Large Penis gimmick I did with Val Venis. I thought it was done poorly and was a gimmick that could go no where, which oddly enough it did. A lot of people didn't even know having a large penis was my gimmick for a while.

Q: What was the dumbest gimmick you've ever seen?

A: The Gobbely Gooker certainly ranks, as does Katie Vick.

Q: Would you like to run a territory if the opportunity arose?

A: Not solo no. There is too much work involved. If money wasn't an issue I would love to do the creative end of a show.

Q: Have you ever asked another wrestler for an autograph, and have any of the boys asked for yours?

A: This is something I hate doing. I have on a couple occasions asked the boys to sign a few things (Birthday cards, gifts, etc.) but I find it very difficult. The boys often get programs signed for family and friends so I get asked a lot. I never mind but still have a hard time asking it of others. I'm the same way about pictures. I'd love to have a photo of Flair and I together, but I could never bring myself to ask him. I feel too much like a mark.

Q: Why do you dislike gimmick matches?

A: I think what I dislike the most is that I feel they are done for the sake of having a "gimmick" match. I think there is a place for gimmick matches but on the whole I just prefer wrestling. When a wrestling match is done right, no gimmick is needed.

Q: Have you ever refused to do a job?

Q: I refused to go over on a couple occasions, but I don't think I ever refused to do a job. There was a match I thought about refusing to job but in the end I didn't. There was a local show in Calgary way back when, likely 1995 or 96. I had worked CWA in Europe, SMW and Japan. I was in a tag match with a local kid who had had maybe 20 matches over the last 2 or 3 years. We were wrestling Gerry Morrow and Jason Anderson. Gerry is an old time Vet from Stampede who I wrote a tribute commentary about which I will likely repost this week. Jason was a Stampede mid-card guy. The wanted to put the heels up and beat me. I felt that if they were going to beat anyone it should have been my partner, as I was arguably the best product in the match. I talked to Jericho about it and he agreed with me. I decided not to say anything because I had too much respect for Gerry and since he was the one who was going to be pinning me I didn't want him to think I was refusing to put him over, which I would never do, Gerry had done so much for me when I first broke in.

Q: Dustin Runnels considers himself to be one of the best workers in the business, would you agree with him?

A: I find it hard to believe Dustin sees himself as "one of the best". Dustin is a pretty modest guy and if anything he always seemed to sell himself short. Dustin is extremely talented, but I don't like the "One of the best" classification because what does that mean, Top 3, Top 5, what? I wouldn't put him top 5 ever in the business, but I would work with the man any day.

Q: Why is RAW live and Smack Down taped?

A: They don't keep me informed on decisions like this but I assume that it is a budget issue. If they did both shows live it would require them to send out the TV crews twice each week. Doing the TV days back to back and close to each other likely saves a ton of cash.

Keep those questions coming.

Lance

Credit:Stormwrestling.com

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

"A: I disliked the Large Penis gimmick I did with Val Venis. I thought it was done poorly and was a gimmick that could go no where, which oddly enough it did. A lot of people didn't even know having a large penis was my gimmick for a while. "

Did they even make mention of this on air, I remember them pairing and doing some of those stupid backstage vignettes with there dates, but I never knew that was the intent. Guess I didn't pay much attention...

There is no way that Dustin Runnels is in the top 5 workers

Q: What was the dumbest gimmick you've ever seen?

A: he Gobbely Gooker certainly ranks, as does Katie Vick.

The Gobbely Gooker was more entertaining because of Mean Gene attempting to dance.

Did they even make mention of this on air, I remember them pairing and doing some of those stupid backstage vignettes with there dates, but I never knew that was the intent. Guess I didn't pay much attention...

It was supposed to be implied that he had a large penis because the ladies would look down at his lap or when he came out of the shower and get huge smiles on their faces...

They truely were terrible backstage vignettes.

its sad that they would do a large penis gimmick with a pure wrestler like lance storm hell its sad theyed use a cock related gimmick with anyone but if they were intent on using a big dick gimmick couldunt they have at least used it on a gimmick wrestler like goldust?

Guest Staravenger

In Storm's last six months, his feuds were...

1. Boring guy, thanks to steve Austin.

2. Fun loving, dancing idiot thanks to Goldust.

3. Big Penis Playah thanks to Val Venis.

Someone pissed in the bosses coffee...