TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheBigSwigg

How about that TNA mod?

We're in need of discussion over the TNA mod again. I'll put my vote up for Dynamite Kido. Anyone?

EDIT: The reason for this comes from "Nelly's Bandaid" in the ALPHA MALE thread. We're starting to wonder if it's Dave O'Neill back from the banned.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I would have to agree again. The board is just infested with guys who don't watch any of the shows but feel they can still comment on it all the time.

Guest Coffey

I was against it the first time that this thread was made, but now I see the need. Last time I thought that "bps21" was doing a good enough job, but no one (mods, admins) ever seems to be around. We really need...something. The forum DOES have a lot of activity as can be evidenced by the 8+ page thread that's still active.

Granted I don't think this thread should be used to make recommendations for whom people feel should "get it" as that may discriminate others.

We need a moderator though. We do. That forum REALLY needs one. Seriously. Preferably someone who isn't constantly negative and is around ALL the time.

The reason for this comes from "Nelly's Bandaid" in the ALPHA MALE thread. We're starting to wonder if it's Dave O'Neill back from the banned.

I'll take credit (blame?) for the start of this speculation. All I'm asking for in regards to this subject is an IP check however.

I would have to agree again. The board is just infested with guys who don't watch any of the shows but feel they can still comment on it all the time.

Which may seem like not a big deal to some people, but when you're actively following a product and trying to give them your support, it really sucks to see people just come in and aimlessly bash the product. It puts you on the defensive by default. They are never positive. If they watched the show, maybe they would understand...maybe not. At least then their point would have some valor to it though.

Guest The Last Free Voice

I'd also like to say I think we need one. DK would be great for it.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I've stated the need for it before....and it's only getting worse. We definately need a mod that would be around to do it as well.

Thanks for your considerations. As stated before, I'd be the TNA mod if someone saw it fit. But the fact of the matter still stands weather it's me or not........the folder needs a mod.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

I'd like to ask for an IP check so all this bullshit ends, although I have a feeling that might not even stop some people....

In terms of bad threads and threads getting off track it's not really a problem in there so really all you should have to do is have an admin or global mod make it more of a priority.

Guest FrigidSoul

I'll be the mod if somebody is willing to order the show for me on a weekly basis.

Guest Dazed

Nelly's Bandaid uses IP 24.185.**.**, which resolves to the US.

Dave O'Fuckwit is 159.134.**.***, which resolves to Dublin, Ireland.

They aren't the same person.

Guest FrigidSoul

I believe Dave O'Neil is also IP banned and he's not clever enough to know ways around it. Thus he won't be coming back.

If threads need to be combined you could just PM whatever Global Mod is around and present them links to both threads. I suggest AoO if he's on since he doesn't like wrestling from what I've seen and it'll be funny to listen to him talk about it later. Still, he'll do the job correctly.

Well I order the show each week (which is the only real reason they let me write the rush) so if that's the criteria for being the TNA mod I think I'm like the only person who fits it right now. I order each week with out fail. But I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to make me a mod.

I doubt I could fuck it up to bad though.

If it's anybody that still orders the show, it should be DK. He's a stand-up guy, and knows enough about TNA to be able to still contribute to discussions. However, I fear for Mike, since a lot of his points are always misconstrued as flaming.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Ok, so I just read that Alpha Male thread, and I can safely say that every single one of you who called Nelly's Bandaid a troll were overreacting to the Nth degree. He didn't like an aspect of the topic at hand, said why, said why even more in-depth, and didn't break into flaming anyone even when he was accused of being a nuisance. Furthermore, you were all mistaken saying he didn't watch the stuff at all, when he said right there in the thread that he watches their free show (I guess), and downloads matches, which absolutely gives him the right to criticize the product in a civil manner, which is what he was doing in that thread.

People are not obligated to always agree. His IP is also not in the ban filter, and no one has had a problem with him anywhere else.

If what set you all off was being called "bad wrestling fans" then grow the hell up.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I'd also like to note that neither myself nor any other moderator got a pm, report, or anything regarding this thread. If I recall correctly, I suggested that as a good way to remove an immediate problem.

Believe it or not, I'm actually really reasonable, and if I get a pm that says "Hey, this guy's spamming/trolling/doing something he should be banned for." I'll actually go look.

I might not agree with you though, which is how I look at this.

Is there that much of a difference between sending a pm to an online mod to fix something, and having someone else specifically comb the folder for miscreants?

I'd also like to note that neither myself nor any other moderator got a pm, report, or anything regarding this thread.

I sent a PM to Zach Malibu. I asked to him let me know if what was going on was trolling or not, and I still haven't got a reply.

I would also like to note that Nelly's Bandaid isn't the one who started the flaming, but he did do quite a job once Mad Dog said he wasn't going to listen to him anymore. Also, his argument was basically, "you're wrong. he's from the 80's TNA fans should expect better." and that's it. That's what our complaint is mostly about. We just don't want the TNA folder to be loaded with negativity like the WWE folder got famous for.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

So basically your problem is that he criticized the product?

He pointed out why the guy (which I haven't seen, so don't even drag me into the argument) looked like Big Cat Ernie Ladd, whom I remember from my youth in the 80's.

Perhaps a heated pro-wrestling tete-a-tete isn't your cup of tea, but it's certainly far from breaking any rules around here. If you don't like a person's opinion that's presented in a civil manner, you've got the options of:

1.) Rebuttal

2.) Ignoring them

So basically your problem is that he criticized the product?

He pointed out why the guy (which I haven't seen, so don't even drag me into the argument) looked like Big Cat Ernie Ladd, whom I remember from my youth in the 80's.

Perhaps a heated pro-wrestling tete-a-tete isn't your cup of tea, but it's certainly far from breaking any rules around here. If you don't like a person's opinion that's presented in a civil manner, you've got the options of:

1.) Rebuttal

2.) Ignoring them

I did both!

EDIT: The only problem wasn't that he disagreed, it's that he never said anything that helped explain what he was saying. That's all. It's not the same as the problem we had with Mike. At least Mike gave reasons.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Actually the problem is that he admitted he hasn't watched TNA in a very long while and then proceeds to bash the product and anyone who orders it because one wrestler is on it.

I would've had no problem with him other than the fact that I knew he was commenting on someone he had only seen wrestle once or twice.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I'm pretty sure he explained that he didn't like the guy's look or persona. I mean, how many reasons do you need to not like a wrestler?

The problem I think we had with him (at least my problem with him) was that he was just ignoring everything we were saying and basically insulting us as fans for not agreeing with him. It was the way he was critizing the product, not the fact that he was doing it.

But I've been known to be wrong on occasion.

Guest Salacious Crumb

But it was the fact that he admits to not watching the product so how would he have seen the gimmick in progress. And it was the repeating everything over again and telling TNA fans that they were bad fans for not minding Brown on the shows. I have no problem with people disagreeing but his approach of "I don't like him for these reasons and you guys are bad fans for not agreeing with me" is a poor argument. It's hard to have a conversation with someone when they stick their fingers in their ears and just repeat the same thing and don't listen.

I believe Dave O'Neil is also IP banned and he's not clever enough to know ways around it. Thus he won't be coming back..

I'm a moron, and even I know how to get around an IP ban on this site...

Guest MikeSC
The problem I think we had with him (at least my problem with him) was that he was just ignoring everything we were saying and basically insulting us as fans for not agreeing with him. It was the way he was critizing the product, not the fact that he was doing it.

But I've been known to be wrong on occasion.

Having read the thread, it's not like the pro-TNA side was exactly listening to him, either. It was the usual "OMG, YOU'RE DAVE ONEILL" stuff.

-=Mike

Guest Salacious Crumb

The Dave O'Neil stuff came up because he made almost the exact same defense of not being able to use your/you're properly.

Guest MikeSC
The Dave O'Neil stuff came up because he made almost the exact same defense of not being able to use your/you're properly.

Mad Dog, I've been here long enough to know EXACTLY what "Dave O'Neill" references refer to. There have been plenty of others with grammatical problems he could have been compared to.

-=Mike

Guest Salacious Crumb

I think you miss my point. It wasn't that he was misusing your/you're, it was that his excuse for it was almost word for word what O'Neil had used in a TNA thread awhile back.

Guest MikeSC
I think you miss my point. It wasn't that he was misusing your/you're, it was that his excuse for it was almost word for word what O'Neil had used in a TNA thread awhile back.

Perhaps so --- but he defended his points and made logical points, unlike Dave. Just because most people disagreed with him (a reason I no longer post there) doesn't make him a bad poster. Nor does it fuel the need for a mod, as nothing he did approached the level of a punishable offense.

-=Mike

I started a discussing among the staff about a TNA Folder mod, and I made the mistake of doing it without reading the thread in question. Well, I just read the thread in question, and my observation is this: many of you need to dig the sand out of your vaginas. As soon as Nelly's Bandaid said something that dared criticize TNA, he was called a troll and compared to Dave O'Neill. Nice way to greet someone with a different view, guys. People who said they were done with the thread kept piping in to take shots at him, and for all the talk of him "flaming" and "flame-baiting," NB was uniformly more civil than those arguing with him. He also explained his opinions, despite several people claiming he wasn't. I see no problems.

If you guys just want a folder mod to filter out unpopular opinions (which is the logical conclusion I draw based on this thread), then you can go directly to hell.