TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

When the Undertaker retires...

Taker is going to retire sometime in the next 5 years. Well, he should atleast.

Who do you think he should put over for his last feud? I used to say that it should be Matt Hardy, but then they dropped the ball with him so not anymore.

It would either be Orton, to continue his legend killer gimmick, or Cena.

Guest combat_rock

Kane. If they want him to be anything resembling the monster they say he is, he needs to go over Taker at some point.

I figure it will end up being another "supernatural" character. Maybe a Kane, Mordechai, or an entirely new character that they will eventually create. That appears to be the most logical answer anyway.

Bah. I say nobody actually retires Undertaker. Just let him go into his last Wrestlemania undefeated with the storyline that the one man he never beat was Brock Lesnar. Then, he can beat Lesnar clean to punish him for being such a bitch and going to the NFL and retire undefeated like the legend he is. No seriously, I kind of like the idea. I think I'd do that if I were Vince.

Guest combat_rock

Yeah, if Lesnar comes back in time for Taker's retirement. And that's a big if.

Guest Repo Man Reborn

It could've have been Sean O' Haire, but he was so untalented the writers couldn't find ANYTHING for him to do.

Guest Dynamite Kido

How about the ENTIRE fucking roster? Considering that he hardly ever, over the course of his career did anything positive for anyone.........

Guest Repo Man Reborn

That would be fucking BOSS if he came out every week, same long-ass Undertaker entrance, same dead-biker persona and did a clean job to everyone from Nunzio to John Cena.

But the chances of that happening are about the same as Stephanie McHunter saying, "You know what , I know crap about wrestling, I'm going back to school for cosmetology."

There's a better chance he'll go on a year long reign of terror before he retires than putting someone over on the way out. Including another short title run.

As a reward for years of service and loyalty

Guest Soylent Green Is People

I really don't see Taker retiring any time soon, by the time he's decides to leave guys like Orton, Cena, Batista and others should in theory be established as top guys, so if he does put someone new over it'll probably be someone we've never even seen or heard of yet. Either that or they'll go the predictable route with Kane v Taker part 5463960721.

Guest Dazed

Kane would be the logical choice. I'm sure he's only won one or two of their matches, compared to Taker's three million wins. It'd be a fitting close to the character, too.

Guest Dumb Fuck

The Undertaker shouldn't have to put anyone "over".

Nobody put Undertaker over in the past... getting "over" is a chore that must be done by oneself.

Guest Fook
The Undertaker shouldn't have to put anyone "over".

Nobody put Undertaker over in the past... getting "over" is a chore that must be done by oneself.

What the fuck are you talking about? EVERYONE put the Undertaker over.

Guest Dumb Fuck

Undertaker's phenominal character got him over.

Not some matches in the 90's that nobody today cares about.

Guest whitemilesdavis

So you're saying, let UT keep his character, but job him out to everyone ,(instead of pinning everyone) and he still would've gotten over? No way.

Guest Fook

A character alone won't get you over (at least not over like Taker is).

Look no further than Kane for proof. When he first came in he was billed as an unstoppable monster and basically mirrored Taker's character. Once he started losing he was no longer seen as a main eventer. Sure he was still over, but never to the same level as Taker. With the characters being so similar and both men being similar workers, the reason must be because Taker did so few jobs.

Taker is going to retire sometime in the next 5 years. Well, he should atleast.

Weren't we saying 5 years ago?

Um, just about ANYONE cause they can turn it into a last run and put someone over big time. Shelton, anyone?

Funaki.

Please.

Undertaker SO needs to put over a returning Paul Bearer when he retires.

They can even show little vignettes of Paul Bearer working out and getting ready for his match with Taker, ala Vince/Austin in 99.

Paul Bearer def. The Undertaker clean... now THAT'S something I'd pay money to see.

Guest Salacious Crumb
How about the ENTIRE fucking roster? Considering that he hardly ever, over the course of his career did anything positive for anyone.........

but but but..... he shook Jeff Hardy's hand remember?!?! That's as good as Hardy pinning Taker 5 or 6 times.

He should put over RVD and Booker T (assuming he hasn't retired). I'd be asking too much if it were Rey.

Fuck when he retires. How about Taker putting people over NOW?

:lol:

Too funny. Seriously, if WM 21 was Taker's last appearance I believe Orton killing the legend of the streak would be awesome. However, I think Taker might get a bye on "passing the torch" by Vince Mcmahon in terms of breaking the record. Vince might be loyal to the man and the character since he has been through the thick and thin. Although what exactly was he suppose to do? jump to wcw with the gimmick? Not to forget that Taker now has the excuse of a young buck in Brock Lesnar getting victories over him and not being loyal to the company.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I think asking him to put over anyone at this point is almost too much to ask.

Guest Staravenger
Kane would be the logical choice. I'm sure he's only won one or two of their matches, compared to Taker's three million wins. It'd be a fitting close to the character, too.

Kane's only pinfall/submission win over Taker in singles matches was (I think) the night after Over The Edge 1998 to determine the #1 Contender for Austins title at KOTR.

Of course, Kane won with a LITTLE Help. Taker was distracted by Mankind at ringside and walked into a tombstone piledriver.

Other than that, I don't think Kane's ever won a match versus Taker (1-on-1).

Guest Repo Man Reborn

Maybe the Undertaker could get Brian Lee rehired and the Under-Biker could put over the Under-faker?

That "loyalty" crap about the Undertaker is BS. He put out feelers to WCW, but they couldn't use the Deadman gimmick so they said no.

They would've essentially been bringing back Mean Mark and we know how good that was.

Loyalty-smoyalty. Where did that get Bret Hart?

It's a business. Do business. Young over old, especially when old is past its prime.