TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
caboose

WWE Folder stupidity.

Example 1 - Two posts from the thread about Bret replying to comments from Flair's Book:

Not to step out and defend Flair here, but bear in mind that this WAS heavily ghostwritten, and it's a WWE book. For whatever that may be worth...I really do not know. Just throwing it out.

Which got a reply of...

Bottom line is, Flair just got pwn3'd by Bret.

Deal with it.

What the fuck is that about?

The original poster made a legitimate comment about Flair's book being compromised by being ghostwritten and a WWE Book, and threw it out there as another aspect of to consider when discussing this topic. In reply the poster got a childish retort of no substance. Unsurprisingly, the second poster has a Hart Foundation picture in his/her signature.

Example 2 - From the thread about Bruno Sammartino working with the WWE again...

His career was pretty much over before I was born (his 85-87 run really wasn't anything) so I have no opinions of him at all from a personal stand-point.

Why did this poster bother replying to a thread about which they admit to knowing nothing about?

I'll post more examples soon...

Guest Loss

I tried this once and it got me nowhere. The only way to make the WWE folder actively good is to ban 80% of the posters in there, including some of the ones always crying that we should ban people, but I couldn't bring myself to do that while I was mod. Who knows, maybe that will change now.

BTW, didn't Nikjohns make a post asking for people to just quote the rule being violated when people violate a rule?

-- Loss, who hopes this topic does some good but worries that it may be taken as an attack

Guest Dazed
BTW, didn't Nikjohns make a post asking for people to just quote the rule being violated when people violate a rule?

I did indeed. Caboose, if you could use the [report] feature, or the PM button, mods will get onto it. Alternatively, as suggested in the rules thread, quote the rule at them (there's also a boardwide rule about conducting yourself like a human). I'll look at those you quoted here, though.

Guest Salacious Crumb

The only thing that's really bugged me is Choken One's constant harping on WildPegasus's opinion about HHH.

Guest FrigidSoul

I still maintain that Choken should have been banned long ago. With the new rules I doubt he survives since he thinks his word is law and everybody should follow his opinion or they're wrong. That pretty much defeats the purpose of discussion which is what a message board is for. Still, I like the new implamented rules. They were made in a way that nobody can actually say "I didn't understand this".

Frigid is right...Choken seems to post for no reason other than to tell everyone that they're wrong, without adding anything to the actual conversation. In the thread about Anchorman, he posted saying that he didn't need critics to tell him that the movie was awful, then in a thread in the Music folder, he said that if you went to Warped Tour, you were an idiot. It's trolling at it's finest.

I don't visit the WWE folder much, but a big problem in there is there are so many posters who want to find a wrestler that is generally hated by the board, and swing from his nuts to grab a reaction. Or the other way, when most people like a wrestler, they knock them in any way possible for a reaction. And when they get called on it they're like "lol dood its jsut my opinon im sory its differnt~" while at the same time basically saying anyone who disagrees with them is an idiot.

Edited by alfdogg

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

I don't understand this, it's not like there trends among active posters or things that happen so often it makes it impossible to focus your attention elsewhere.

I mean really, am I the only one who reads posts like that and feels totally uneffected? It's not like I read a stupid post or uninformed opinion and my entire TSM experience is ruined.

(brethart @ Jul 14 2004, 06:22 PM)

The thing is Flair fans seem to be suffering under the delusion that his matches are anything compared to Brets. 

(Loss @ Jul 14 2004, 01:24 PM)

I challenge you to review all of the Flair/Steamboat matches and then all the Hart/Austin matches. Walk through them all, sequence by sequence and point out what works and what doesn't. I'd be interested in your findings, and I'm sure everyone else would be too.

If you're going to say stuff like this, you should back it up.

(brethart @ Jul 14 2004, 07:38 PM)

Sorry i am not going to do that. I consider the Steamboat matches great becuae Steamboat was in them. If Steamboat and Bret had a fued there match would've of blown away anything Steamboat did with Flair.

Sorry Ric Flair is famous for these spots. I am not debating with you no more your clearly a idiot

Guest Salacious Crumb

Well, what can you do when you have to drag someone kicking and screaming into a debate?

Well, what can you do when you have to drag someone kicking and screaming into a debate?

Club them on the head, then drag them.

Guest Fook

Three quotes from one moron is not at all a representation of the folder, although I will readily admit since we reopened registrations I've seen more of these types of posters than I'd like.

I believe the mods need to start cracking down on these types of posters who 1) Can't form a simple sentence to save their life, and 2) Spew unfounded garbage and tow the company (ie. the current IWC) line with no justification for their points.

Guest Dazed

I told brethart to stop ruining the thread, and last I checked, he'd stopped. There's not a lot more can be done when it's pretty much his first time here. He's been told that he's not playing by the rules, so if he does it again, we'll look at it as deliberate rule infraction.

As for Choken, if you could cite some posts (link to the thread too, so we can see it in context), it'd be a help.

Can you say something to cybermark too? I've seen him in several folders, and he never uses punctuation and capitalization.

Guest FrigidSoul
As for Choken, if you could cite some posts (link to the thread too, so we can see it in context), it'd be a help.

Here you go. That should clear up Choken.

To be honest though I'll go and grab examples later tonight if it will actually bring something about. I just doubt it will since he's been here so long and shitting everywhere. It seems like rather than cleaning it up people have decided to just step over his droppings and ignore it.

Guest Dazed

If you can give us some specific, damning examples, then go for it. He's not immune from banning just because he's been here for a long time.

Here are some examples, in the Movies/TV/DVD thread.

I love White Castles but wouldn't a

"Harold and Kumar go to Waffle House" be even better?

Did you actually just say Harry Potter was BEST OF 2004?

That's Hilarious.

ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND owns Harry Potter's little ass.

It looks shitty. I don't need Critics to tell me that.
- What JSYK was talking about.

True Life is awesome as nearly every show is completely engrossing and entertaining or at least informative.

From the WWE folder.

Basically, they are telling us Eric won't be around much longer which we all have begun to expect since a few weeks ago.

that was called a insult.

However, Shawn is coming back and im pretty sure they will do something.
- Maybe not so much this one, but it seems he isn't even trying when he posted this.

Danielson is above Angle.

Duckquack is a fucking imbecile if he openly supports Angle wrestling himself to a Wheelchair.

Do you really want him to be our generation's Dynamite Kid?

Kurt Angle is 35 years old and has a young beautiful Daughter and wonderful supportive sexy wife and has countless avenues for this future beyond the spectrum of professional wrestling.

Anyone that supports a Kurt Angle return isn't a fan of Kurt Angle.

Those are just some examples of trolling/I am right and no one else is, from Choken One.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

That isn't trolling. Hell, you could take half of anyone's shorter posts replying to the one above it out of context, and it'd look that way.

Guest FrigidSoul

How about the initial reply to this thread? Either way I've decided not to go out of my way and find examples since he posts about 80 times a day. Thus you should have run across them more than enough.

Guest Choken One

All Mole did was copy and Past a couple of my last few posts.

I'll disect each one of those Comments

#1. People were talking about The Movie and People already shifted the convo to how White Castles Suck, I only said I think A movie about Waffle House would be funny. Where's the harm in that?

#2 Opinions aren't allowed Anymore apprently. I simply disagreed with Barron's claim that Harry Potter was the movie of 2004. I didn't insult him in anyway.

#3. The entire thread up to that point had been that the trailers didn't cast a good light on Anchorman and that the critics weren't postitive about it and I simply said, I don't need the critics to tell me what sucks when I can just see it for myself in the trailer that it looks bad (which it wasn't after i saw it)

#4. The entire thread was talking about the MTV Reality Show "True Life"...I simply added my support for the awesomeness of the show. I'm not sure WHY he felt the need to include that one. Just goes to show he grabbed these randomly.

#5. The initial Post was a repost of the news of WWE.COM posting a article about Eric Bischoff's reality tv show plans...I just said that it was simply they (wwe) hinting at Bischoff's dismissal from the contract.

#6. The post above this one indicated the person was confused about why Lita made a reference to Kane not being a man like Matt Hardy is and why she said it. I simply said, to reply to his comment that it was a insult she made towards Kane. Another case of randomness from Mole.

#7. The previous Post or just before it at least had talked about what Kane could do from that point on and i was just merely saying That shawn was coming back and they will likely do something there.

#8. Duckquack whom i believe turned out to be a PBP openly said he doesn't care if Angle wrestles himself to a wheelchair. If that isn't an idiotic statement, then I dont know what is and how is that last statement indicative of anything, Anglesault, the biggest AngleMark here doesn't want angle to work anymore...a real fan of someone doesn't want to that guy die in the ring.

Duckquack is a fucking imbecile if he openly supports Angle wrestling himself to a Wheelchair.

Do you really want him to be our generation's Dynamite Kid?

Kurt Angle is 35 years old and has a young beautiful Daughter and wonderful supportive sexy wife and has countless avenues for this future beyond the spectrum of professional wrestling.

Anyone that supports a Kurt Angle return isn't a fan of Kurt Angle.

that isn't trolling, that's basic human decency mixed with the fact that he doesn't want to see a hero end up crippled by doing something foolish. I can't say I really disagree with the sentiment. But that's for another thread anyway.

In defence of Choken, I'm gonna throw out my theory about posters 'like him' who post a ton. He's a Law of Averages poster in that he posts so much that some posts are going to be decent -> great and some are going to be bad -> embarassing. Nothing can be done about that other than to post less, but that's not for me to dictate.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
decent -> great

Evidence Please?

and that's my one post.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

What is this...comedy hour?

And look you made me break my self-imposed rule.