TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
caboose

WWE Folder stupidity.

Guest slacklet
Go into the baseball threads over the past weeks and watch him start shit.

Oh no, not the baseball threads!

So far the only valid argument that supports Choken One's banning is held by CWM. He's a terrible poster.

But don't be all "he trolled people and stuff and doesn't provide content" when Anglesault does the exact same thing.

I think you (mods) do owe some explanation. I didn't like Choken One but I don't really see a reason for him to be banned. I've seen a lot worse (posters and posts) that get overlooked (and I think CO was pretty bad) - so where is the line? Obviously there isn't one and you make and define the line whenever you please (and are pretty unapologetic about it). If we posters don't know the "rules" and what constitutes "intolerable", then that means we're posting blind and anyone is suspect to getting banned without knowing why.

I personally don't like where this is going -and I know that doesn't mean anything because we've had discussions like this before, and here we are again- because I simply don't like the idea that I (or anyone else) could be banned under the same grounds. There is absolutely no clearity in these "rules" and "bannings" and there is no consistancy either. This is some Internet MB Gestapo shit goin on here, and it's going to get worse before it gets better.

I didn't say "can't", I said (or implied) "won't". This is my last post on the matter, if Sass or anyone else wishes to continue, then take it up with them.

But why? I just don't understand what's the big deal about showing us what the guy did that got him banned. And what does this is your last post mean. That I should just ignore what you say?

I just want to know why you refuse to show me what Choken did to get banned. At least Frigid's explanation makes sense

Guest FrigidSoul

Just because you don't enjoy a specific thread doesn't mean others shouldn't be allowed to enjoy it.

I personally don't like where this is going -and I know that doesn't mean anything because we've had discussions like this before, and here we are again- because I simply don't like the idea that I (or anyone else) could be banned under the same grounds. There is absolutely no clearity in these "rules" and "bannings" and there is no consistancy either. This is some Internet MB Gestapo shit goin on here, and it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Rudo, you've been here long then me so you've had to have noticed his demeanor towards everything. I gave examples of what to check out for a feeling of what he did and what not since Sass isn't on at the moment, and I as a member support this quite a bit. For too long people just causing shit and derailing convos has been turning alot of people off from this place. It has alot of good people to have discussion with, but why would they stay when stuff like this is happening? The mods are finally weeding out the problems so we can have civil discussion. That doesn't mean everybody just agrees with one another but rather they can all give their opinions without a "Fuck you, you're wrong and an imbecile for thinking so" then nothing more. I've yet to see you actually support anything though. Out of curiousity have you found any decision made in the past 6 months to be a positive one?(not trying to start shit, its an actual question)

I just want to know why you refuse to show me what Choken did to get banned. At least Frigid's explanation makes sense

If I was on SNL Bob would love me. Right now its just a respectable liking.

Guest Coffey

They're as much a part of this forum as the WWE folder is.

Guest Anglesault

That's a little exaggerated.

I would like for the rules there to be a little more structured than "prolonged stupidity" (which means different things to different people) but I don't think this will turn into a witchhunt.

Besides AS, who would you guys consider "worse" than Choken?

cyber_mark

UncleJesseMark

humongous2002

Rrssh

That's just off the top of my head.

Guest slacklet
I would like for the rules there to be a little more structured than "prolonged stupidity" (which means different things to different people) but I don't think this will turn into a witchhunt.

As would I.

Choken One was banned for being a bad poster.

So if I admit to being a worse poster than Choken One, does that mean I'll be banned too?

It's like the PBP rule on crack.

Respectfully, no.

As a moderating team, we came to the conclusion that he was intolerable, and not a worthwhile member of this community, and that the place would be better without him. We do not owe explanation or justification, any that is given is out of courtesy.

Actually, yes you do. This kind of attitude is EXACTLY why people don't want you as a mod.

Go to the Half Week of Baseball thread in the Sports forum. Keep in mind that he's an open Reds fan and had at times numerously made fun of the Cubs and Astros woes to get a rise out of people. Then notice the 2 pages of shit that went on because he started it.

Can you quote the worst posts in it so I don't have to read 9 pages about baseball?

Guest FrigidSoul

chaos, I'm sorry but the chicken dinner and rootbeer I just consumed has made me bloated and lazy. I will tell you to start at like page 4 and then skim till you come across him poking fun at the Cubs and Astros injuries. Keep in mind he had done this in prior baseball threads to get a rise out of Bruiser(who's good at shrugging shit off), DoCock and other.

Guest Dazed
Actually, yes you do. This kind of attitude is EXACTLY why people don't want you as a mod.

No, there is no obligation to tell you anything. Where did you get such an asinine idea from?

Actually, yes you do.  This kind of attitude is EXACTLY why people don't want you as a mod.

No, there is no obligation to tell you anything. Where did you get such an asinine idea from?

I didn't say "can't", I said (or implied) "won't". This is my last post on the matter, if Sass or anyone else wishes to continue, then take it up with them.

So much for that. I still don't understand why nikjohns has such a big problem with such a simple request.

Guest slacklet

Actually, yes you do.  This kind of attitude is EXACTLY why people don't want you as a mod.

From the precedent set by Sass and Loss in which they explained their major actions.

Apparently that courtesy toward the common poster has been forgotten.

That's not something I'd call a prescedent in this case.

Loss and I explained ourselves during the WWE folder changes because the thing was botched when we started it up and we were left clearing things up for folks.

We chose to do that.

It's not the mod's board to do whatever the fuck they feel like. If a mod can't explain why he banned someone on won't, then he should be removed from the spot. If not, then you're basically saying it's okay for mods to ban whoever they don't like just because they're mods. That's BS.

Guest Dazed

Oh, there's courtesy alright, but that is not a required action.

Bob - to address your question (I do apologise if I seemed rude earlier, I definitely come off as a dick).

As FrigidSoul mentioned, it's impossible to search for Choken's posts now, as he's "unregistered" as far as the message board software is concerned. So no, sorry, I can't provide you with any of his posts. Sass has explained his reasoning in the thread that is running parallel to this one.

EDIT:

It's not the mod's board to do whatever the fuck they feel like. If a mod can't explain why he banned someone on won't, then he should be removed from the spot. If not, then you're basically saying it's okay for mods to ban whoever they don't like just because they're mods. That's BS.

I don't see how "justifying a banning to the admins" is the same as "justifying a ban to the posters". And I'm not saying it's okay for mods to ban who they like, just that you aren't owed an explanation for every decision made. Dames, Tom, whoever ARE owed that much.

Edited by nikjohns

Rudo, you've been here long then me so you've had to have noticed his demeanor towards everything.

I've seen Choken in the same light I've seen Downhome, Rico, Zsasz, Ward, Kotz, CWM, ChaosRage, Hartfan, Coffey, UseTheSledge, MikeSC, UYI, Ray, (and on and on and on). Guys who I tend to completely disagree with and who view wrestling differently than I do. If I were running the board, half+ those guys would be gone because I don't really like em and roll my eyes when they post - and they'd probably say the same thing about me. But then again, different POV's are needed to create discussion, and I saw CO like that.

I gave examples of what to check out for a feeling of what he did and what not since Sass isn't on at the moment, and I as a member support this quite a bit. For too long people just causing shit and derailing convos has been turning alot of people off from this place.

It has alot of good people to have discussion with, but why would they stay when stuff like this is happening? The mods are finally weeding out the problems so we can have civil discussion. That doesn't mean everybody just agrees with one another but rather they can all give their opinions without a "Fuck you, you're wrong and an imbecile for thinking so" then nothing more.

I did that. Lots of people did and do that. People who have posted in this thread against Choken have done that. To ban someone for that (derailing threads for their own goals), you'd take away a significant chunk of the content. And here we are back to the notion of people who _don't_ post in the WWE folder effect what goes on there. There's another fundamental issue that we were debating a few months ago that hasn't been resolved and probably will never be resolved until we get solid leadership. Quite frankly, I think The Dames needs to come in and clean house. Whether it be for one side or the other, there is a dividing point in this forums that keeps coming up, and The Dames - the guy who owns the site and the only guy who can legitimately do whatever he wants because he pays for it -, I feel, should do something about it.

I've yet to see you actually support anything though. Out of curiousity have you found any decision made in the past 6 months to be a positive one?(not trying to start shit, its an actual question)

I don't "support anything" (which is a rather broad claim, but there's been about half-a-dozen things that I haven't liked, so I won't play indignant) because there is a fundamental problem with clearity and consistancy with all the rules they implement. There is a mentality that rules apply to some but do not apply to others that has me concerned. CWM saying that "he was completely useless and didn't contribute to the board in anyway" had me in stitches considering the source. Infact, the irony was so thick that I'm half-wondering if it were intentional.

Choken One was at his worst last Summer when he kept making those retarded Smackdown Spoiler threads that would go for 3 pages before there would be any legitimate spoilers involved. He wasn't banned then, yet is banned now? It all feels so random, and until there is any reasonable explanation provided for it, then "random" is exactly what it is.

Guest Anglesault
If I was continually bitched at over every decision I made, I probably wouldn't be all that courteous.

I don't think asking for justification is being "bitched at"

Except for the fact that every minute decision is constantly under ridiculous scrutiny by people who play both sides of the fence.

For every "OMG BANNING CHOKEN WAS EVIL YOU ADMINS ABUSE POWER" we get, we also get a "Why hasn't so and so been banned yet? You guys are sooo lazy"...

So you've GOT to understand that it's a bit ridiculous to us to justify every decision, when we know that even when the explanation is perfectly valid, the posters STILL get a stick in their ass. We as mods can't win, so we're tired of trying to win.

And Rudo.. When exactly was the last time you saw Dames? I'm running out of time to redo the front site, so if you've got some "insider information" I don't have, please do pass it along. Otherwise, get off your "OMG WE NEED DAMES NOW" kick.

-Josh

Guest slacklet
When exactly was the last time you saw Dames?

Before the imperial regime took over and castrated the board.

If everyone knows why he was banned, then it should be pretty easy to point out lots of his intolerable posts.

Well, first off, let's start with a little exercise.

Out of Choken One's 20,000+ posts, detail for me one post that stands out in a positive fashion. Whether it be an eye-opening intelligent post, or a side-splitting humorous post, or just something incredibly entertaining.....give me one single post that Choken had that improved anything on this forum.

Now, out of Choken One's 20,000+ posts, can you detail for me one post that stands out in a negative fashion? I'm sure that, for many people, many different posts popped up in their head.

As unfortunate as this is, Choken One really didn't add ANYTHING to the forum. He was not the person to look for when you wanted to have a smart discussion about wrestling, baseball, or any other medium. His knowledge about these subjects only seemed to exist on the surface, and once you tried to go into detail, it became quickly obvious that he wasn't nearly as experienced in the subject he was trying to argue about. He didn't add any humor to the forum - I can't remember one single time when I looked at a Choken One post and felt any single urge to laugh whatsoever. And were his posts entertaining at all? Did they add discussion to their forum? Did they serve any other purpose besides raising his own post count? No.

Now, this wasn't even the worst part. The fact that Choken One was bland beyond belief isn't the problem here. It's the fact that he - MANY TIMES - resorted to flaming when there was no need for it. This was detailed earlier on in this thread. Just from the FIRST PAGE of the WWE Folder, I found five different flaming comments that were uncalled for. I didn't even bother to bring up that Baseball thread, which was just ridiculous as well. The guy loved to comment on the "idiotic" ways of others, yet failed to see the amazing irony in the fact that he was consistently proving himself to be even more idiotic. I just don't see the quality posting coming from Choken One when I see him responding to a post calling for Angle to return to a WWE ring with "You're a fucking imbecile."

Although I personally don't intensely agree with Choken's banning - His relatively worthless posts didn't cause any HARM to the board, and I am of the school of thought that people need to get thicker skins outside the Hardcore Discussion folder - I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. It was an understandable decision, all in all.

Guest Anglesault
So you've GOT to understand that it's a bit ridiculous to us to justify every decision, when we know that even when the explanation is perfectly valid, the posters STILL get a stick in their ass. We as mods can't win, so we're tired of trying to win.

So it's better to just ban people without actually saying why and make everyone walk around on eggshells, because they have no idea if their conduct, which may adhere to the "Seven Rules" is going to be deemed "too stupid"

You guys don't realize the implication this has, do you?

A few days of bitching and moaning before everyone gets over it?

Edited by Kingpk

When exactly was the last time you saw Dames?

Before the imperial regime took over and castrated the board.

By getting rid of people who were grating the majority.