TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
caboose

WWE Folder stupidity.

Guest slacklet
When exactly was the last time you saw Dames?

Before the imperial regime took over and castrated the board.

By getting rid of people who were grating the established.

Edited for accuracy.

So it's better to just ban people without actually saying why and make everyone walk around on eggshells, because they have no idea if their conduct, which may adhere to the "Seven Rules" is going to be deemed "too stupid"

Actually, it's better to ban people on the mods precedent. Not the fickle posters precedent.

And personally, I haven't seen anyone walking on eggshells.

EDIT: Oh and as a reminder... Dames installed the "imperial regime that has castrated the board." Don't forget that.

Guest FrigidSoul
You guys don't realize the implication this has, do you?

A few days of bitching and moaning before everyone gets over it?

Other than that.

Discussion being much better on a whole?

Guest slacklet
Dames installed the "imperial regime that has castrated the board." Don't forget that.

Hitler wasn't so bad at first.

Guest Loss

The Flair/Bret topic has been great for the most part. I commend everyone involved. I will say though, that I personally think the board has bigger problems than Choken One. I won't complain about him being gone, but I do hope the trigger is pulled in other areas where it should be pulled if this banning is sticking, which I know it is.

If everyone knows why he was banned, then it should be pretty easy to point out lots of his intolerable posts.

Well, first off, let's start with a little exercise.

Out of Choken One's 20,000+ posts, detail for me one post that stands out in a positive fashion. Whether it be an eye-opening intelligent post, or a side-splitting humorous post, or just something incredibly entertaining.....give me one single post that Choken had that improved anything on this forum.

Now, out of Choken One's 20,000+ posts, can you detail for me one post that stands out in a negative fashion? I'm sure that, for many people, many different posts popped up in their head.

As unfortunate as this is, Choken One really didn't add ANYTHING to the forum. He was not the person to look for when you wanted to have a smart discussion about wrestling, baseball, or any other medium. His knowledge about these subjects only seemed to exist on the surface, and once you tried to go into detail, it became quickly obvious that he wasn't nearly as experienced in the subject he was trying to argue about. He didn't add any humor to the forum - I can't remember one single time when I looked at a Choken One post and felt any single urge to laugh whatsoever. And were his posts entertaining at all? Did they add discussion to their forum? Did they serve any other purpose besides raising his own post count? No.

Now, this wasn't even the worst part. The fact that Choken One was bland beyond belief isn't the problem here. It's the fact that he - MANY TIMES - resorted to flaming when there was no need for it. This was detailed earlier on in this thread. Just from the FIRST PAGE of the WWE Folder, I found five different flaming comments that were uncalled for. I didn't even bother to bring up that Baseball thread, which was just ridiculous as well. The guy loved to comment on the "idiotic" ways of others, yet failed to see the amazing irony in the fact that he was consistently proving himself to be even more idiotic. I just don't see the quality posting coming from Choken One when I see him responding to a post calling for Angle to return to a WWE ring with "You're a fucking imbecile."

Although I personally don't intensely agree with Choken's banning - His relatively worthless posts didn't cause any HARM to the board, and I am of the school of thought that people need to get thicker skins outside the Hardcore Discussion folder - I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. It was an understandable decision, all in all.

Seriously, I think Choken was the best poster here. He added discussion to just about every single thread in the WWE folder. He posted about 100 times a day, but I can't recall any of his posts ever being short. Most of them have several paragraphs explaining himself.

He didn't flame more than anybody else, also according to new rules and Dr Tom, flaming is okay outside of the Hardcore folder anyway.

Even if he didn't add anything, that's not a reason to ban him. It's pretty clear to me that there aren't any.

Guest Anglesault
Dames installed the "imperial regime that has castrated the board."  Don't forget that.

Okay, I think we need to put things into perspective.

Hitler did things that were a bit worse than (allegedly) ruining a message board.

Guest FrigidSoul
Anybody who compares somebody to Hitler automatically loses the arguement.

Or Stalin. That is also not allowed.

Chaos, CWM, Piss, JSYK, Mr. Rant, Alf, IO, AoO, Yami, and... oh let's see... Max Power. You are all banned because you're stupid and I don't like you.

Why do I think you're stupid? Doesn't matter. What is my definition of stupid? Who the fuck are you to ask? Why don't I like you? Shut up, you're stupid and that's all that needs to be said.

This is what this board is becoming.

Seriously, I think Choken was the best poster here. He added discussion to just about every single thread in the WWE folder. He posted about 100 times a day, but I can't recall any of his posts ever being short. Most of them have several paragraphs explaining himself. He didn't flame more than anybody else, also according to new rules and Dr Tom, flaming is okay outside of the Hardcore folder anyway. Even if he didn't add anything, that's not a reason to ban him. It's pretty clear to me that there aren't any.

this is just idiotic.

there are more civil and subtle ways of making one's point. if you feel so strongly about dames's tyranny as to compare it to hitler, then leave.

Guest Anglesault
Chaos, CWM, Piss, JSYK, Mr. Rant, Alf, IO, AoO, Yami, and... oh let's see... Max Power. You are all banned because you're stupid and I don't like you.

Why do I think you're stupid? Doesn't matter. What is my definition of stupid? Who the fuck are you to ask? Why don't I like you? Shut up, you're stupid and that's all that needs to be said.

This thread is so getting closed.

Guest FrigidSoul

Now I feel you're just blatantly ignoring things stated and going in a direction to cause shit.

That would be construed as "stupid"

Guest Anglesault
Chaos, CWM, Piss, JSYK, Mr. Rant, Alf, IO, AoO, Yami, and... oh let's see... Max Power.  You are all banned because you're stupid and I don't like you.

Why do I think you're stupid?  Doesn't matter.  What is my definition of stupid?  Who the fuck are you to ask?  Why don't I like you? Shut up, you're stupid and that's all that needs to be said.

Now I feel you're just blatantly ignoring things stated and going in a direction to cause shit.

His point is-which is true-no one has actually bothered to define "stupid"

I don't think you actually get what I'm saying. I didn't like CO. I thought he posted a lot of crap. You what what? I post lots of crap. I think there is only a handful of posters who DON'T post lots of crap. We're wrestling fans - wrestling is lots of crap. But what is the difference between CO and Me? What is the difference between CO and CWM? What is the difference between CO and you? I want to know what made CO exceptionally different that he got banned, yet a whole host of others have stayed. Because "prolonged stupidity" and "we're glad he's gone" isn't CO-exclusive.

Chaos, CWM, Piss, JSYK, Mr. Rant, Alf, IO, AoO, Yami, and... oh let's see... Max Power.  You are all banned because you're stupid and I don't like you.

Why do I think you're stupid?  Doesn't matter.  What is my definition of stupid?  Who the fuck are you to ask?  Why don't I like you? Shut up, you're stupid and that's all that needs to be said.

That's not the cause.

Choken One didn't contribute anything to this forum. In fact, many times, he detracted from intelligent conversation. Take a look at the baseball thread from this week if you want. That should be grounds enough for his banning. He was way out of line.

Then, add in all the different flaming comments he had outside the Hardcore Discussion folder. Factor in the "fucking imbecile" or "asshole" comments he made towards people in the WWE folder, the amount of subjects he immediately labled "stupid", the times he called someone "idiotic" for stating their opinion....add in all of those.

Now, make sure that you don't forget the post-whoring replies. The one-word posts, or the posts that simply don't add anything WHATSOEVER to the discussion. Like....

It looks shitty. I don't need Critics to tell me that.

Why, that just provokes immediate conversation, doesn't it? And I'm sure, with that attitude, people will be able to discuss the topic at hand with him in an intelligent manner.

There were numerous reasons for his banning. More so than just "I don't like him because he's stupid."

Guest Salacious Crumb

I think your off with this. Choken One has been warned multiple times according to Sass in the other thread. So Choken had more than enough chances to shape up and decided not to.

For further insight into future matters, please direct your questions to RavishingRickRudo.

He's clearly above and beyond the rest of the mods as it pertains to making decisions using a rational thought process, so he'll fit the bill well, I think.

-Josh

Guest cobainwasmurdered
Quite frankly, I think The Dames needs to come in and clean house. Whether it be for one side or the other, there is a dividing point in this forums that keeps coming up, and The Dames - the guy who owns the site and the only guy who can legitimately do whatever he wants because he pays for it -, I feel, should do something about it.

Do you talk to dames? I have. He supports his mods.

It's amazing how anytime the mods do ANYTHING you come in here and whine and complain and try and make it sound like they're Nazi's.

Not one person has been banned that didn't deserve it. Not one. Choken One has been a problem for over three years. The mods finally did something about it.

Perhaps you protest so much because you see a bit of Choken in yourself.

Guest FrigidSoul

Rudo is a lazy mod. I haven't seen him do shit yet to make this board better.

Guest slacklet
Rudo is a lazy mod. I haven't seen him do shit yet to make this board better.

I feel a FrigidSoul campaign spiel fast approaching.

Spare us.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Rudo~~~!

Nik edited my sig. Can you fix it please?

you're the best mod evar.

Guest FrigidSoul

Rudo, slacklet is trolling me which can be seen here

I expect a warning to be issued to him on what will happen with further infractions.

Guest Anglesault
. Choken One has been a problem for over three years.

Same thing has been said about many people. Both of us included.

Guest slacklet
Rudo, slacklet is trolling me which can be seen here

I expect a warning to be issued to him on what will happen with further infractions.

Excuse me?

You troll Rudo, I try to bring you down to earth and now you (having no jurisdiction over my posting abilities whatsoever) have the nerve to threaten me with an action beyond your control?

Screw you.

Guest slacklet
Way to totally miss the joke there.

Yeah, I see it now.

Har.

Apologies to the mods.