TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Ultimate Fantasy

3 things to make TNA better

Hey right, honestly I'm pretty much new to TNA although I have seen almost every IMPACT and read pretty much read all of recaps from this site and those of lesser sites and I thought of what might be ideas to make it more appealing to the uniformed people like myself.

1. Have either videos or interviews about the various wrestlers during IMPACT. I think this would help because honestly when people see the X-Division wrestlers, all they really see are generic wrestlers who do really cool looking moves and that they are not AJ Styles because he is god, now if the average knew about how extensive and world famous the Amazing Red is he would stand out and it does not really have to fact like if they said Miyamoto was kicked out of Japan for eating people he would stand out like Red would.

2. Have more promotion videos about the various storylines through out TNA, a good example of this would Vince Russo and Jeff Jarrett because despite what there egos might think, the average fan pretty much either does not know who they are or if they do they are not remembered in a good light. So perhaps if they show past incidents of why Russo is trying to redeem himself and why Jarrett is the most dominate heel in TNA even if they don't mention WCW there is still the whole SEX storyline.

3. TNA should bash the WWE, see it is almost guaranteed that anyone who ends up watching TNA has viewed the WWE programming and they are probably either bored or dissatisfied with what with the WWE presented and when they watch TNA they pretty much see the WWE with lesser production values and no one really famous.

On the other hand, if the announcers where said something like "Did you watch any wrestling on Thursdays?" and got a replied with "Only when I'm drunk" then instead of a lesser WWE they are now viewed as something different and hell if they keep on doing it they might piss off Vince. Now I'm not saying to bash them constantly but maybe a couple parodies here and there and some insults once in awhile.

3. TNA should bash the WWE

Problem with that, and since you also mentioned that some people see TNA as a lesser version of TNA, is that it would make them look bush league. Subtle jabs could pass, but outright bashing would probably make them look stupid and minor league compared to the WWE.

3. TNA should bash the WWE

Problem with that, and since you also mentioned that some people see TNA as a lesser version of TNA, is that it would make them look bush league. Subtle jabs could pass, but outright bashing would probably make them look stupid and minor league compared to the WWE.

Yeah outright bashing shouldn't happen because besides those who dislike what WWE is offering, there are those who are just looking for something good to watch and will still reamin WWE fans.

Guest jim

Making fun/bashing the wwe was one of the reason why wcw went under.....

They forgot to focus on making themselfes look good and only tried to make wwe look bad....

Still though I just want TNA to be less meek like when on Off the Record, Vince pretty much said that TNA is nothing to them, now WCW would have fired back some sort of insult, heck even ECW might have said something but TNA did nothing. That causes fans to doubt and once again view the company as minor, I mean seriously who views TNA as true comeptition to the WWE to the extent the WCW was?

Still though I just want TNA to be less meek like when on Off the Record, Vince pretty much said that TNA is nothing to them, now WCW would have fired back some sort of insult, heck even ECW might have said something but TNA did nothing. That causes fans to doubt and once again view the company as minor, I mean seriously who views TNA as true comeptition to the WWE to the extent the WCW was?

ECW would have said something because they were "rebellious," and WCW would have said something because they were unsure of the quality of their programming. When running a business, it's not very good to insult the competition. Point out what's good about your product, that gets peoples attention.

As for the videos, I'm sick of them. TNA shows them all the freaking time, just during commercial breaks. I'd much rather see interviews, because I'd rather hear from the wrestler than the company paying him.

Guest MikeSC
Yeah outright bashing shouldn't happen because besides those who dislike what WWE is offering, there are those who are just looking for something good to watch and will still reamin WWE fans.

Besides, TNA is not even BETTER than the WWE. They'd be heavily advised to avoid comparisons.

Besides, insulting the competition can lead to destruction. As Foley mentioned on the Monday Night Wars DVD, the "Billionaire Ted" skits might well have put a fire under him to sign a bunch of guys and hurt the WWF horribly.

-=Mike

Yeah outright bashing shouldn't happen because besides those who dislike what  WWE is offering, there are those who are just looking for something good to watch and will still reamin WWE fans.

Besides, TNA is not even BETTER than the WWE. They'd be heavily advised to avoid comparisons.

Besides, insulting the competition can lead to destruction. As Foley mentioned on the Monday Night Wars DVD, the "Billionaire Ted" skits might well have put a fire under him to sign a bunch of guys and hurt the WWF horribly.

-=Mike

Eh, I don't know about that. The PPV tonight was better than Raw and blows away any Smackdown I've seen lately. Then again I don't watch SD anymore, but from what I have heard I'm not missing much.

As of right now, I like TNA better than WWE. So TNA has gotten a new fan here.

Guest MikeSC
Yeah outright bashing shouldn't happen because besides those who dislike what  WWE is offering, there are those who are just looking for something good to watch and will still reamin WWE fans.

-=Mike

Eh, I don't know about that. The PPV tonight was better than Raw and blows away any Smackdown I've seen lately. Then again I don't watch SD anymore, but from what I have heard I'm not missing much.

As of right now, I like TNA better than WWE. So TNA has gotten a new fan here.

Then kudos for you. I have doubts (again, I've not heard a TNA fan call a PPV on the night of the show "horrible" before), but I won't comment as I haven't DL'd it yet.

However, if TNA has a death wish, then give Vince a reason to kill the promotion.

-=Mike

Guest Marty2Hotty
2. Have more promotion videos about the various storylines through out TNA, a good example of this would Vince Russo and Jeff Jarrett because despite what there egos might think, the average fan pretty much either does not know who they are or if they do they are not remembered in a good light. So perhaps if they show past incidents of why Russo is trying to redeem himself and why Jarrett is the most dominate heel in TNA even if they don't mention WCW there is still the whole SEX storyline.

3. TNA should bash the WWE, see it is almost guaranteed that anyone who ends up watching TNA has viewed the WWE programming and they are probably either bored or dissatisfied with what with the WWE presented and when they watch TNA they pretty much see the WWE with lesser production values and no one really famous.

On the other hand, if the announcers where said something like "Did you watch any wrestling on Thursdays?" and got a replied with "Only when I'm drunk" then instead of a lesser WWE they are now viewed as something different and hell if they keep on doing it they might piss off Vince. Now I'm not saying to bash them constantly but maybe a couple parodies here and there and some insults once in awhile.

I actually think TNA bashing WWE like the "only when i'm drunk" thing would work like gold! I'd laugh my ass off... I'd even say, "you should check out TNA, this new promotion, they bash WWE and how shitty it is"... It'd actually make TNA more enjoyable as the aggressive promotion.

Russo always said, if you're number 2, you speak of number 1... only when you're number 1, you don't have to speak of number 2... and I agree with that wholeheartedly.

-DX invades WCW.

-Gillberg imitating Goldberg

-Bischoff asking the outsiders "Are u still working for the WWF"

The reality of the competition in wrestling makes it more enjoyable.

Jeff Jarrett vs Vince Russo on-screen has been on and off for me. Sometimes it's awesome, many times it's pretty boring. If they are going to play this out on impact, they have to re-introduce what happened between the two. There was some REALLY good heat when the SEX stuff was going on... and this feud can be really good if that intensity is brought back..

Wrestling lacks intensity and "hatred" within the storylines.. The hatred today is too cheesy, as opposed to the WWF Attitude era and the times when Russo wrote WCW.

ANYONE who watches TNA for the first time, are bored of WWE. I will bet on this!

Some paradies will get the momentum running for TNA, imo

TNA is not ready for that though.

They NEED a national primetime slot and some network support before they start jumping the gun. Right now the WWE wouldn't acknowledge them since they are only on FOX SPORTS NET at 3pm.

Get the slot, get the support, get a core audience and THEN you can call them out. Right now, hell no.

Nothing to do with TNA being better than the WWE, they just don't have the ammo...hell they haven't acquired the guns to even get the ammo for yet.

Guest Coffey
Hey right, honestly I'm pretty much new to TNA although I have seen almost every IMPACT and read pretty much read all of recaps from this site and those of lesser sites and I thought of what might be ideas to make it more appealing to the uniformed people like myself.

That's cool. New people hopping on the TNAW bandwagon is always a good thing. You shouldn't let things that you read make up your opinions though. A lot of people hide behind anonymity on-line so they say shit knowing that it won't matter.

1. Have either videos or interviews about the various wrestlers during IMPACT.  I think this would help because honestly when people see the X-Division wrestlers, all they really see are generic wrestlers who do really cool looking moves and that they are not AJ Styles because he is god, now if the average knew about how extensive and world famous the Amazing Red is he would stand out and it does not really have to fact like if they said Miyamoto was kicked out of Japan for eating people he would stand out like Red would.

Well, Amazing Red might be a bad example. He's just a [botched] spot machine. I see what point you're trying to make though, and it makes a lot of sense. Something that showcases the talent. The problem is TNAW isn't the best at producing said video packages and whatnot. I mean, just look at their shitty titantrons! Good point though.

Actually, I think the current commercials that run during Impact do a pretty good job of catching the casual viewer up to speed. They help sell the next ten dollar PPV too. TNAW pretty much has this one covered. Granted they don't go ALL the way back, but it's easy to get a clue about what's going on.

I disagree as heavily as you can possible disagree about anything. You don't even want to acknowledge WWE. Just act like they don't exist. If you mention them, you're giving them free publicity not to mention letting everyone know that you're constantly thinking (worrying) about them. Not a good idea. Let WWE do it's own thing and head in another direction.

On the other hand, if the announcers said something like "Did you watch any wrestling on Thursday?" and got replied with "Only when I'm drunk" then instead of a lesser WWE they are now viewed as something different and hell if they keep on doing it they might piss off Vince. Now I'm not saying to bash them constantly but maybe a couple parodies here and there and some insults once in awhile.

There's really no reason to do that either. It just makes you look unprofessional. TNAW doesn't want to look unprofessional when they are a family oriented business. Right now they are an alternative to WWE, so they should remain that way. Focus on wrestling and keep the product clean (as opposed to trashy). If they keep their storylines consistant, they'll be fine. They've jumped around a lot in their two year career...but they seem to be more stable now.

Russo always said, if you're number 2, you speak of number 1... only when you're number 1, you don't have to speak of number 2... and I agree with that wholeheartedly.

Russo said this? Then he should explain Oklahoma etc...

Guest Marty2Hotty

Russo said this? Then he should explain Oklahoma etc...

Yeah, Russo said this a while back... and recently as well.

It's not just for wrestling, it's for numerous types of businesses as well... it's a successful formula.

For Oklahoma, he wanted WWF / casual viewers to think WCW had the balls to make fun of WWF. "They're making fun of WWF's JR". It's an aggressive approach, and not the first one to exist in the world of professional wrestling. Taking shots at competition is great and entertaining when done well.

See I don't think the bashing should be like outright like the Billionaire Ted skits or the Oklahoma crap, but more like of how they would insult like the WWF did which was mostly ignoring them and taking slight jabs at "the other promotion."

Once again while TNAW might be a family orientated promotion, they are still a major independent with a TV deal so by default that makes them competition by default and they should at least act like competition and "giving Vince a reason to kill the promotion" would at least be a lot better than getting ignored.

on the subject of "when you're number two you should insult number one", i don't think TNA should ever try to take that route. the classy thing to do would be to focus more on their own product and making it the best it can be. get people's attention on your own merit, not by being a parasite.

on the subject of "when you're number two you should insult number one", i don't think TNA should ever try to take that route. the classy thing to do would be to focus more on their own product and making it the best it can be. get people's attention on your own merit, not by being a parasite.

I agree. For all the good it did WCW, it made them look horrible in hindsight. If TNA did bash WWE, it would be exactly the same. Besides, it's one of the reasons WCW ALWAYS seemed to be behind WWE.

Guest Salacious Crumb

They shouldn't bash the WWF. It always made ECW look bush league and probably ultimately hindered their growth. It sucks when RoH takes it's shots at sports entertainment. It just comes across as penis envy. WCW was always infinately better when it pretended like the WWF didn't exist except when mentioning someone's accomplishments.

True but the WWE did the same thing as ECW and WCW did and they didn't die off, ECW died because a lot of there talent got left and they had too many problems with TNN, and WCW just had too many problems.

Guest Marty2Hotty

Bashing the competition is a successful formula in the wrestling business when done well. I think it makes the viewer enjoy it more as well. People are tired of seeing the same old same old.

Billionaire Ted was cheesy. I really loved the Oklahoma stuff though. I found it hilarious.

I actually doubt TNA can do it well with the corrupt creative team that they have

I forgot to clarify what I mean about the videos and interviews for wrestlers (mostly the X-Division) does anyone remember the series of interviews J.R had with Mankind and Goldust a long time ago?

If not, basically they were a very good mixture of kayfabe and real life background that helped make two weird characters into something very long lasting, and for Foley it even planted the seeds of Dude Love, Cactus Jack, and even the plain Mick Foley and to extent his entire career while the Goldust character is probably one of the few midcard Attitude era characters that remained super popular into modern days.

These interviews were shown through out Raw and divided into smaller parts for a couple weeks, and this format was used recently used as a way to get Sting over. Now of course the only problem is that of the charisma of the wrestlers themselves

I think that if they started out with Christopher Daniels (who being a independent wrestler probably has a lot of footage that TNA could use), than move onto A.J Styles and Jerry Lynn and maybe more homegrown talent like Chris Sabin and Monty Brown until others like Michael Shane (which should be interesting since they won't mention HBK by name), and Frankie Kazarian until lesser known are covered like Primetime and maybe even people like Miyamoto and NOSAWA.

Perhaps if the interviews are popular enough they could main event guys like Raven, D'lo, Russo and Jarret in between the lesser known, and for the those who lack enough charisma (like maybe Kazarian) they would be shorter and have a highlight video devoted to past exploits.

The only problem with focusing on the main event talent is that unlike home grown talent like Sabin, or wrestlers who have enough independent footage like Daniels, your Vince Russo's rely too much on what they did in other promotions and they cannot mention there past exploits or shown video's because they are property of the WWE.