TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Choken One..........banned?

Guest FrigidSoul
It's pretty funny that discretion is spelled wrong.

...no, it isn't. Forget I posted that.

I copied and pasted as well, so for once it wasn't my spelling mistake.

I could out campaign anybody. I'm great like that.

Elections can be rigged and ballots can be spoiled.

Besides, we have no way of enforcing a result if the mods decide to rule against the majority, so in the end an election would only be a PR bit.

...no, it isn't.  Forget I posted that.

Sure, you may have all of the corporate fundraising, but what's your platform, man? What do you stand for?

...no, it isn't.  Forget I posted that.

Sure, you may have all of the corporate fundraising, but what's your platform, man? What do you stand for?

I promise 100 posts in every pot!!

(raises hand)

Time away from the board over the last week and looking at a vastly inferior one has given me great perspective on things. I can tackle the serious issues now that I know how bad it could be here.

Kotz's new avatar changes the intent of all his posts in a wonderful way.

from the "i'm a deranged superbitch" way to the "i'm a sexy librarian" way?

Guest cobainwasmurdered
See Dave, I keep telling you that a TSM election would be good.

And I still say that it would be awful. Frigging ABOBO would be President.

Guest Anglesault

Well, obviously there's have to be a system to make sure that only qualified people are legitimate contenders, but I really think it might work for this board.

well I guess we won't hear about Life Of Agony anymore at the music boards.

Every topic, he manages to throw Life of Agony in there. Even if the topic was about classical music, he'd say "Life of Agony plays that, check this song out"

Guest FrigidSoul
Bob Barron wouldn't be bad.

at what

Making SNL stars and Lindsay Lohan feel uncomfortable.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Well, obviously there's have to be a system to make sure that only qualified people are legitimate contenders, but I really think it might work for this board.

It's an awful idea. Mods aren't moded because they're well liked. they become mods because they can do a job. it's a thankless job.

If we elected people then think what would happen. If we did this in the past both you and I would be mods. We'd have ruined the board and no one would post.

It's a bad idea.

Yea I'm kind of curious.

At what?

I was thinking of President. But I am biased because we both like the Teen Queens.

Bob would be a good mod though.

Guest Anglesault

It's an awful idea. Mods aren't moded because they're well liked. they become mods because they can do a job. it's a thankless job.

On the flip side, it might be an effective way to curb the pompous attitudes that certain moderators tend to have here.

Maybe if a mod could be voted out, we wouldn't see the "Fuck you, I'm a mod and you're not, so I don't even know why I have to talk to you" type responses that we saw in either this thread or the other one.

Even though I think 99.9% of the TSM population disagrees with you- I do thank you for not only having the courage to speak your mind but to also like me find many ways to spin A Cinderella Story's success.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

On the flip side, it might be an effective way to curb the pompous attitudes that certain moderators tend to have here.

Maybe if a mod could be voted out, we wouldn't see the "Fuck you, I'm a mod and you're not, so I don't even know why I have to talk to you" type responses that we saw in either this thread or the other one.

Shocking news here AS. The posters opinions of the mods... Doesn't matter.

No matter what they do they're going to piss people off. LIVE WITH IT.

Honestly, it's always the people that think they're on the "Shitlist" that want these changes.

Guest Anglesault

Shocking news here AS. The posters opinions of the mods... Doesn't matter.

No matter what they do they're going to piss people off. LIVE WITH IT.

Honestly, it's always the people that think they're on the "Shitlist" that want these changes.

I'm not asking them to kowtow to the posters, just maybe be a LITTLE more poster friendly.

Like maybe, if someone were to ask *that mod* a question about what he/she did, instead of him/her screaming that we're not worthy of his/her answer and only that only his fellow mods and the admins are good enough, he/she can answer the question.

Edited by Anglesault

Guest cobainwasmurdered

NikJohns didn't ban Choken one so you're point is null there,

He'sa folder mod. He can't ban anyone. It's not his job to explain in depth why Choken was banned.

And the mods are friendly to the posters. if everyone stopped bitching about what they do you'd see that

Guest Anglesault
NikJohns didn't ban Choken one so you're point is null there,

He'sa folder mod. He can't ban anyone. It's not his job to explain in depth why Choken was banned.

Who said anything about NikJohns?