TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Choken One..........banned?

Guest Anglesault
your original post looked like you were

I went out of my way to not mention a name, or gender, or honestly, whether I was even talking about a single specific moderator.

your original post looked like you were

I went out of my way to not mention a name, or gender, or honestly, whether I was even talking about a single specific moderator.

You two are so cute when you fight in public.

What's funny is that when we elect a President we elect someone to a thankless job, but man do people campaign hard to be President.

But that thankless job pays a good salary, gives you bodyguards for life, and an absurd number of other perqs. Oh, and you get to nuke other countries.

Here's my take on the whole "OMG TEH MODZ ARE R00D TO TEH POSTERZ~!!!11!!1!" thing:

Perhaps instead of immediately demanding an explanation the second something happens, people could be patient and wait for one. No one is dead-set against explaining their actions. Similarly, no one likes being blindsided by a dozen people before they've ever had a chance to say anything.

The fact is that nothing needs to be explained. This board is not a democracy. It is run by a staff operating within a set of guidelines, with full discretion to act on those who step outside of those guidelines. That said, I think the staff is willing to be courteous and explain things, provided they're given a chance to, and not simply greeted by a dozen people calling for their head in the same thread.

If you want courtesy, you should offer it in return. If not, go pound sand.

Guest Anglesault
What's funny is that when we elect a President we elect someone to a thankless job, but man do people campaign hard to be President.

blah blah blah treat others kindly and you'll be treated kindly yadda yadda yadda

That makes sense.

Edit: better?

Edited by Anglesault

Guest FrigidSoul

You quoted that whole post to write "That makes sense"?...I hate you. I hate everybody who quotes extremely long posts right above their own to write one f'cking sentence.

seriously AS, shut up okay. I'm surprised that you haven't been banned yet.

As for people bitching and wanting to be mods. Its not going to happen. The moderators gives regular posters a mod job because they can handle the job, and do it resonable. If AS, or Barron was a mod, we would see no Red Soxs fans, Anti-Angle fans, No fans that bash the Toronto Maple Leafs, and No one hating SNL.

We come here to discuss and bitch about events that happen, and the ideas we bring to the forum. Sorry people who post here without intellectual thought, and wasting space should leave here. Its about discussion, not wasting bandwith.

There shouldn't be an "election" for a "people's mod". If people can stop acting like 2 year olds around here, this would be a great place to discuss, but discussion here is as successful as Homer Simpson exercising.

No one hating SNL.

I love it when people hate on SNL just cause I love getting into debates over the show since it's like the one thing I'm somewhat knowledgeable out.

Sorry people who post here without intellectual thought, and wasting space should leave here. Its about discussion, not wasting bandwith.

We call that irony

I say we get back to discussing my possible modship.

I liked the thread when that was being discussed. Better then AS v. CWM Part 1000

I second that.

BOB FOR MOD! BOB FOR MOD! BOB FOR MOD!

Guest Anglesault
If AS, or Barron was a mod, we would see no Red Soxs fans, Anti-Angle fans, No fans that bash the Toronto Maple Leafs, and No one hating SNL.

cising.

That joke stopped being relevant after 2002.

I actually get along very well with the red Sox fans on this board.

Guest Dazed
On the flip side, it might be an effective way to curb the pompous attitudes that certain moderators tend to have here.

Maybe if a mod could be voted out, we wouldn't see the "Fuck you, I'm a mod and you're not, so I don't even know why I have to talk to you" type responses that we saw in either this thread or the other one.

It's incredibly evident that you have a personal problem with me, but instead of just talking to me about it, you have to take the oh-so-hilarious Anglesault route that we've seen for the past two years, and just bitch about it at every opportunity. It's incredibly fucking tiresome, to say the least. Let me clear things up:

1) As a team, we can ban you, ban Rudo, ban RVD823958 or paint the board pink and delete the Love, Sex and Dating folder, and not offer any explanation whatsoever. It'd be silly, but we could. You are not entitled to anything here. We do try to explain things, especially "bigger" names like Choken one going, but that is offered as a courtesy. Is that so hard to get?

2) Stop putting words into my mouth. It's not a case of "Fuck you, I'm a mod and you're not, so I don't even know why I have to talk to you". Go check who gave the first explanation for Choken's banning. I'll save you the time - it was me.

3) "OMG I DIDNT SAY I WUZ TALKING ABOUT U" - shut the fuck up, we all know you are, so don't bother.

Every decision I have made regarding these forums has been for the ultimate good of the boards. If you don't see it that way, fine, that's what Site Feedback has become - a place to bitch about TSM. But quit it with this fucking persecuting, you're a real cockhole.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Uhm, Nik, you are a mod. He's already pissed, and moreso, annoyed everyone here. Ban him. No one will argue. Y'all are far too tolerant of his bullshit. He's continously bitching (trolling) here. Gut him.

As a team, we can ban you, ban Rudo, ban RVD823958 or paint the board pink and delete the Love, Sex and Dating folder, and not offer any explanation whatsoever. It'd be silly, but we could. You are not entitled to anything here.

Boldface supplied.

That's the kind of attitude that brought down the Smarkboard. Saying crap like that about how you can do anything you want and don't have to give an explanation, for you are a Mod, I say, a golden Mod, is really out of line, in my opinion. You know what we're entitled to? We're entitled to a leadership core that runs a tight ship, that keeps things the board from being a mess, without getting too self-important or too tied up in "protocol" to stay focused on operating efficiently and unobtrusively. That's what we're entitled to.

We as members have a responsibility to act within the rules set down, and to conduct ourselves as reasonable rational people, and assist the mods and admins in not ruining the community for others. Leadership has a responsibility to keep things in line, but also to help everyone with any sort of problems that may arise in a reasonable and rational fashion. There's never any right to say "any explanation is a courtesy." It's your duty as the people who run this place to explain things clearly and concisely. Anglesault is right. The pompous attitudes have gotta go, one way or another. You're above us, yes, but at the same time you're below us too.

Guest Flyboy
Ban Plz?

Dead Like Me on Friday bitches. Watch it.

Actually, the first episode of Season Two is going to be on Sunday at 9 CT.

Perhaps instead of immediately demanding an explanation the second something happens, people could be patient and wait for one.  No one is dead-set against explaining their actions.  Similarly, no one likes being blindsided by a dozen people before they've ever had a chance to say anything.

By the way, no one demanded an explanation.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
eadership has a responsibility to keep things in line, but also to help everyone with any sort of problems that may arise in a reasonable and rational fashion. There's never any right to say "any explanation is a courtesy." It's your duty as the people who run this place to explain things clearly and concisely. Anglesault is right. The pompous attitudes have gotta go, one way or another. You're above us, yes, but at the same time you're below us too.

BZZZZZZZ

Wrong. This is a privately owned board. you post at the mods discretion. You don't like how the mods run the board? Use the giant Edoor.

I'm no stranger to complaining about things but you're taking it to a whole new level. Get a life. After IB and BBCW got banned you started that ridiculous thread asking if the board would even be here in a week's time. It was. And I twill be here next week. And the week after that.

It's humorous that you accuse me of having "An agenda" in the chat today but when I ask you what my agenda supposedly is all you can say is that "you always are suggesting things and supporting mods", well no shit. You think it's because I want to be a mod here? I'd rather shoot myself in the face than have to put up with the constant whining and bitching that most of tsm does. I'm more than happy being a mod at WDI.

Move on Czech. I remember when you were amusing. Go back to that, because whining about how the mods "Owe the posters" something won't get you anywhere.

Uhm, Nik, you are a mod. He's already pissed, and moreso, annoyed everyone here. Ban him. No one will argue. Y'all are far too tolerant of his bullshit. He's continously bitching (trolling) here. Gut him.

Nik can't ban anyone unfortunetly.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
Perhaps instead of immediately demanding an explanation the second something happens, people could be patient and wait for one.  No one is dead-set against explaining their actions.  Similarly, no one likes being blindsided by a dozen people before they've ever had a chance to say anything.

You and AS did. Repeatedly.

You and AS did. Repeatedly.

"Thank fuck he's gone. We always try to remain impartial, but Jesus Christ was he intolerable." - Nik

"Please give some examples of posts where he was "intolerable". Someone else on this thread tried but then admitted he was wrong. Wtf." - Me

I even said please. :(

I really think this banning thing is getting out of line. It's one thing if someone's obviously trolling, or even if they're just completely retarded, and continually post dumb ideas with bad grammar and spelling.

But when you start banning people like Choken One because you disagree with them on a couple things and they annoy you, it just screams: "I like to show what a big powerful mod I am and I can ban anyone I want. Ha ha, I'm so clever." As long as someone typically contributes reasonable responses to the threads started, I don't see what the point is of banning them.

Leadership has a responsibility to keep things in line, but also to help everyone with any sort of problems that may arise in a reasonable and rational fashion. There's never any right to say "any explanation is a courtesy." It's your duty as the people who run this place to explain things clearly and concisely. Anglesault is right. The pompous attitudes have gotta go, one way or another. You're above us, yes, but at the same time you're below us too.

BZZZZZZZ

Wrong. This is a privately owned board. you post at the mods discretion. You don't like how the mods run the board? Use the giant Edoor.

Nik can't ban anyone unfortunetly.

Privately owned or not, that doesn't mean the moderators aren't obligated to moderate well. If anything, as such an elite community as we are, not letting guests read, demanding a minimum level of "contribution" or the hammer falls on thee, I think the mods have an even bigger responsibility to not make asses of themselves with these pompous attitudes that were mentioned before, or you know, calling people cockholes and stuff.

I don't buy this crap about how posting is a "privilege" that you can take it away at will. I know you can, but my God! Relax! You're supposed to be facilitating things here, not using scare tactics. Don't make this an unpleasant experience of penalties for subjective "content relevance," "protocol violations," and such. It's just a message board, going beyond keeping things functional to some

As these communities are always microcosms of larger ones, "Love it or leave it" is just as flimsy here as it is on the big stage. I think everyone is within their rights to speak freely about what is bothering them, private board or not.

We shouldn't be flooding with demands for explanations, but we should get them, and they should be good. Is that asking too much?