TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

This Week in Baseball

Great first start for Brandon Claussen today, 7 innings only 2 runs, both of which came in the second. Nice victory.

Wily Mo Pena for Drew Henson

Brandon Claussen for Aaron Boone

and Gabe white has been good since he came back

I am begining to like the Yankees a little bit more.

Seriously, what the fuck is the deal with Greinke giving up four fucking home runs in one game?

That's now 13 in 11 games.

Seriously, the Royals should stop playing day games. We suck in day games for some bizarre reason. Although you'd think athletes would be able to play at 1pm after playing a game the night before.

Guest FrigidSoul

Couple of Red Sox tidbits

• It's clear the Cubs' angle on acquiring SS Nomar Garciaparra can't work unless it's a three-way with the Diamondbacks to bring Randy Johnson to Boston, Gammons reported. The Red Sox also were approached about a three-way with Arizona that would have sent Derek Lowe to the Mets
  • The Red Sox are interested in Rockies RF Larry Walker as a first baseman; however, they would have to have Colorado take RHP Byung-Hyun Kim, who makes $6 million in 2005, because Boston cannot take on Walker's entire $12.5 million next season, ESPN's Peter Gammons reported. The Red Sox have had defensive problems and need a first baseman, not an outfielder, allowing David Ortiz to DH.
Kim and Millar for Larry Walker would be great provided Walker can play first.

David Bush is pitching a no-hitter through 7 in Oakland (saved by a NICE play on a low line drive by Orlando Hudson on the 3rd out in the 7th). The problem is that Harden has only given up 1 hit and the Jays haven't scored yet.

And, with a So Taguchi (!) home run in the 8th, the Cardinals have came back from a SIX RUN deficit against the Cubs to tie it.

And the heart of the order is up in the ninth.

Guest FrigidSoul

Pujols 2-run shot off of Hawkins makes it 10-8. Blak dances on Bruiser's grave and the SNKT team GOES TO WAR.

There goes the no hitter. Which is good in a way, because now I can actually root for Dye and Hatteberg to contribute for my fantasy league instead of screwing myself over by rooting for the no-hitter.

Yeah, I had a feeling something special was going to happen since there were a few very nice defensive plays that kept the A's from getting a hit, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Still need a run to at least get him the win, though.

11-8, after a Reggie Sanders bomb, and the Hawk gets ejected by home plate umpire Tim Tschida between innings? Am I reading that correctly?

Good lord. If the Cardinals get away with three outs and win it, this is officially a meltdown.

Guest FrigidSoul

Well if the Cubs keep on losing and get themselves out of contention they should trade Clement to the Red Sox.

Guest FrigidSoul

Cleveland is beating the shit out of Anaheim. If Cleveland gets a bullpen they're going to be a very scary team.

But it's the Cubs, so you know they never actually execute on these things, Steve.

Today's loss, was by far, the worst one of the season. To have a six-run lead go by the boards is inexcusable, regardless of how hot a team is. My girlfriend and I went out to eat after the second inning and I just had a feeling when we returned, the situation wouldn't be good. My concerns were justified, as I got back in time to see that the game had just been tied at 8 all. Knowing the heart of the order was due in the ninth, I figured it was over. Simply put, the Cards have put it all together, and the Cubs are slowly falling apart.

It's going to take a miracle to win the division at this point, but honestly, I think it's all over. The Cards are too good and too healthy to let a double digit lead slip away this late in the season. If the Cubs don't get a grip, not to mention make a move or two before the deadline, they won't be getting into the postseason at all.

And something's gotta give with Sosa. To have an eight spot on the board and the team's star player to be 0 for 5 is ridiculous. A slump's one thing, but Sosa is getting way too much cash to be this mediocre at the plate and poor in the outfield.

If it weren't for the screwy nature of the playoffs, I'd call the Cards to take it all the way they've been going since early June.

Guest Anglesault

The Mariners suck.

However, if anyone can snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory, it's the Sox.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Anaheim Angels' pitching this year has been nothing short of fu*king terrible.

Fatty Colon isn't doing sh*t

Washburn insists throwing the same pitches he sees go flying past him each time

Lackey builds you up and then slaps you around the face by giving up 5 in an inning

Sele / Ortiz just suck when starting.

Escobar is the only acceptable one but when he pitches the rest of the team think run support is getting one home and thats it.

Place me firmly in the category of 'fan who's team spends a lot of money and then sees team do jack sh*t'

Guest FrigidSoul

I pay attention to basically every game via Sportsline.com and I just saw this

Pierre reached on bunt double to left.

How the fuck do you do that?

Guest Anglesault
I pay attention to basically every game via Sportsline.com and I just saw this

Pierre reached on bunt double to left.

How the fuck do you do that?

Anything can happen when the Mets luck and the evil powers of Juan Pierre are involved.

Mike Piazza injures his wrist tonight at a play at first and may be out for an extended period of time. Here comes that slide for the Mets. 6-0 Marlins. The bunt double by Pierre was more of a half swing, not a real bunt, he sort of slapped it by the third basemen

I remember Rafael Furcal doing the same thing a while back. Bunts the ball hard, the third baseman is playing close. The ball goes over his head, and with Furcal's speed, he made it to second before anyone could make the play.

Guest FrigidSoul

Red Sox desperately need Williamson back...and another good shut down bullpen arm.

Guest Anglesault

So, any idea what the Diamondbacks will do to fuck over RJ tonight? They're usually pretty creative.

...oh, sweet jesus.

We walk the bases loaded (on Lee) for Aramis Ramirez. Two outs. Bottom of the ninth.

Just like last night, no win seems to come too easily.

And after today that Reds-Cubs series is going to be huge.

The cubs are facing Wilson and then Lidle. The reds need to take at least one of these games, but have a chance to take both. If they get swept they will probably trade off some players.

Here's the difference between a great manager and a so-so one. Bobby Cox realizes this series is big, and used John Smoltz for two key innings last night, and one inning tonight. He used Smoltz in a tie game tonight. Billy Wagner has yet to pitch, and Tim Worrell is in with the game tied in the 9th.

Thankfully, the Braves are struggling in the 10th inning. A passed ball lets Rollins advance to second, and Eddie Perez's error makes it first and third with none out, and Abreu coming to bat.

I don't care if he's only won one World Series, if the Braves win the East this year you might as well put Bobby Cox's plaque in the Hall of Fame up right now.