Angle's in the mid-card.

Cry like a little girl about it here.

Guest Anglesault
Angle's not main-eventing.

Angle's in the mid-card.

Cry like a little girl about it here.

I sense sarcasm

Guest Black Tiger

Bitch Mode On: Kurt will spend the next ten years putting over mid card wrestlers, Kurt won't be able to win the Cruiserweight title in a month, his retirement match will have him put over Shane McMahon Jr. Bitch Mode Off

Guest Anglesault

Black Tiger, weren't YOU the one who said he should spend the rest of the year putting Edge, Christian, Lance Storm and Val Venis over?

Guest Black Tiger

Unless I'm getting senile I seem to recall mentioning that Kurt would be a great help to get Edge, Christian, Storm, and RVD over.

I have no recollection of Val Venis being mentioned or saying that's how Kurt ought to spend his year, try reading the whole post before you look for arugments.

Venis has already outlived his usefulness, and if Kurt does spend the rest of the year putting guys over, then its a waste of his talent.

Guest Anglesault
Unless I'm getting senile I seem to recall mentioning that Kurt would be a great help to get Edge, Christian, Storm, and RVD over.

I have no recollection of Val Venis being mentioned or saying that's how Kurt ought to spend his year

Well, let's look at it. Each of them should get an equal opportunity. You have Kurt winning at Backlash (Which he did) and jobbing to Edge at JD and KotR

That's

April, May and June

Then in all fairness, Christian should beat Kurt 2-1 on the July August and September shows.

Lance Storm should lose the October show and win the November and December shows.

That's the rest of the year without even getting to RVD.

RVD is more over than Kurt was when he was a face.

Why thank you, Captain Obvious.

Guest Black Tiger

The Backlash-Judgement Day-KoR bit is the formula of the feud of Established (Kurt) VS Up and Comer (Edge) If the WWF went that route then Kurt would WIN the KoR match, look at Angle VS Benoit WM, Backlash, Judgement Day

At no point did I ever, EEEEEEEEEver, say Kurt should help the other three for the rest of the year, read the posts and don't make too many generalizations.

If I said "Kaientai, have a future as tag champs" that doens't mean I say they go over Silly and Suck at the next PPV

Guest Anglesault
The Backlash-Judgement Day-KoR bit is the formula of the feud of Established (Kurt) VS Up and Comer (Edge)

So if Christian and Storm aren't worthy of the extended program, why even bother? Let Kurt finish this thing with edge and let him go back to the mains, never to see the midcard again.

Guest Black Tiger

So you say anyone who's been in a ME ought to be there permanently then you have the current ME scene along with:

Jeff Hardy (VS HHH on Smackdown & Raw)

E&C (VS Rock and taker 3 times, won 2)

Riskishi (VS Austin, cage match on RAW)

Hardyz (w/ Taker/kane VS HHH/Austin/E&C)

RVD (VS Angle on RAW)

Bossman (VS Rock on RAW)

Billy Gunn (Corportate Royal Rumble)

Booker T (VS Rock, summerslam)

so, why should Angle still be in ME?

Guest Anglesault
So you say anyone who's been in a ME ought to be there permanently then you have the current ME scene along with:

Jeff Hardy (VS HHH on Smackdown & Raw)

E&C (VS Rock and taker 3 times, won 2)

Riskishi (VS Austin, cage match on RAW)

Hardyz (w/ Taker/kane VS HHH/Austin/E&C)

RVD (VS Angle on RAW)

Bossman (VS Rock on RAW)

Billy Gunn (Corportate Royal Rumble)

Booker T (VS Rock, summerslam)

HUH? 1, maybe 2 of those guys should be main eventing.

so, why should Angle still be in ME?

Because he is a two time WWF champ and the most over heel in the company.

Guest Black Tiger

Top heels in the company have also included: Kane, The Big Show, Rikishi so should they be main eventing as well?

Kane and Big Show are former WWF champions, should they be main eventing as well?

Guest Anglesault

Kane, Big Show and Rikishi all DID main event when they were top heels. Although Top heels is stretching for Kishi and Show

Kane and Big Show were used to "put midcarders over" They have never looked like viable main eventers since.

Guest Black Tiger
They have never looked like viable main eventers since.

And since the WWF fucked up his heel turn...neither has Kurt Angle. If you think otherwise, its living proof that your an Angle mark who's only interest is seeing your favorite pushed to the stars again.

Guest Anglesault

I thought he looked really good in January and February.

And if Angle is not a viable Main eventer, WTF is he facing Edge to try to get him over?

Guest Black Tiger
I thought he looked really good in January and February.

And if Angle is not a viable Main eventer, WTF is he facing Edge to try to get him over?

He's facing Edge, because Angle is the next step on ladder. Edge can beat any low carder (Bob Holly, DDP, Christian) Convincingly, he can beat any mid carder (Regal, Hardyz, Goldust, RVD, Test) convincingly, he's beaten Kane convincingly and Angle is the next rung, after Angle it'll probably be Jericho, after Jericho he'll have made it to the ME.

Guest Anglesault

You think JERICHO looks better than Angle right now? (Well maybe but that's because Angle is on a mother fucking put over sucky midcard run) Jericho's reign was booked by The Couple from Hell to amke Jericho look REALLY bad.

And you didn't think Kurt looked good before someone (HHH) had the brilliant idea to depush all the main eventers and Kurt got KANE?

Guest Black Tiger

I don't see where HHH comes into play. Kurt's been mid-card since the WWF fucked up his heel turn and then kept him heel after Survivor Series for an Austin Face. Kurt lost all his momentum.

Vengence: VS Austin, semi final match in undisputed pseudo tournament

Royal Rumble: Royal Rumble match- If that's ME then so is Maven.

No Way Out: VS HHH,

WM: VS Kane

when in those months was Kurt main eventing? he got a couple of RAW main events. Everyone knew HHH was going to WM.

Guest Anglesault

Royal Rumble he was the last one eliminated. He almost won when he almost eliminated HHH. He also took Austin out of the match.

He spent ALL of February wrestling Austin and HHH in a storyline dealing with the number one contendership which was intertwined with the top storyline in the company, the Divorce. He actually WON the PPV match.

Then BAM, here comes the Clique and both Austin and Angle arre demoted and have shitty oponents in the lower midcard of Mania. Austin kind of recovers with Undertaker, but gets put right back with Big Show. Angle got EDGE

Guest Black Tiger

The booking of the PPV match included the ref being Stephanie, hence, he can't beat a main eventer ON HIS OWN, making him a...MID CARD WRESTLER

Davey Boy Smith was the last one eliminated in 1995 and he ALMOST eliminated HBK, does that make him a Main Eventer?

Chris Jericho went from a ME feud with HHH to feuding with Kane over a CUP OF COFFEE!, its called a set back

The Iron Sheik was a former WWF Champion, how many PPV's did he headline?

Austin was nothing more than comic relief after Survivor Series. WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?, That's why he went down to a feud with Scott Hall, nothing to do with HHH

Guest Anglesault

Hunter never Jobs to ANYONE without shitloads of interference. Not Rocky, not Austin, not Hogan. Actually, I think Taker is the only one.

He's beaten Austin on his own several times. When he beat Rock to win his first world title, there was interference on both sides. Hunter needed Stephy to beat Angle at Unforgiven 00.

And you need to put all the things together. Angle is a two time WWF champion. He has beaten every main eventer. He is the most over heel in the company. He almost won the Royal Rumble and eliminated the biggest face in the company. They don't let just any midcarder eliminate Steve Austin.

Austin was nothing more than comic relief after Survivor Series. WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?, That's why he went down to a feud with Scott Hall, nothing to do with HHH

Bullshit. Austin was still putting on great matches and was the most over face in the company. But okay, you have your reasons as to why Angle and Austin were depushed. Why was jericho made to look like shit? Why was RVD depushed? Why was Rocky pussified?

Guest Black Tiger

Kane almost won the Royal Rumble in 2001, Kane won the WWF title from Steve Austin, Kane has beaten HHH, Rock, Austin, Angle, Jericho, Undertaker, Big Show, Kane has also been most over heel in company, So you think he ought to be main eventing as well?

As for the downplay of Rocky, RVD, and Jericho its simple.

Rock was leaving anyways,

Jericho wasn't a believable top guy to begin with

RVD needed to EARN a top spot, being a star elsewhere isn't enough

Angle spent the majority of his WWF career being pushed down the fans throats, its about time he gave something back.

Austin hasn't had a great match since......in fact, since he's become so greedy and paranoid he's been pulling down the quality of many matches he's been in, and now he's not even the most over face in the company as well.

Oh, and Kurt angle isn't the most over heel in the company, Vince McMahon has that spot and his appearances on TV have been quite limited compared to Kurt Angle's.

How can you call Rock being de-pushed or pussyfied? He's been acting like a watered-down version of 1999 Tweener Rock for well over a year now.

As for RVD, he went from main eventing RAWS, SDs, and PPVs while Austin was a heel to an almost immediate demotion by losing to Edge and curtain jerking in numerous worthless tag matches after Austin turend face.  It was no secret that RVD's pops were rivaling Austin's even after he turned face. Do you honestly believe that Austin did not feel threatened by a guy that was insanely over as the fucking hardcore champion?

Jericho was screwed the day he got the title because he was, NOT FUCKING READY!!!!!! I was one of the few on the old EZboard that saw that Jericho's title reign would flop. His promos were forced, his matches lacked the emotion that the previous heel champions (Austin and HHH) had brought to the ring and HE WAS NOT FUCKING OVER ENOUGH TO BE THE FIRST EVER UNDISPUTED CHMAPION. This was the common complaint with the HHH face run, but HHH was more over as a face champ than Jericho was as a heel. Stephanie may have helped bungle the end of the run, but by then Jericho had alrerady flopped anyway. And I don't know what anyone else heard, but Jericho's heat actually was increased and consistent when he partnered with Steph, lacky or not. Before then, tepid reactions not fit for a champion.

As for Angle, he's lucky to be over after he was the drawing the reaction of flies in the ring for most of the fall.

Guest Anglesault
Kane almost won the Royal Rumble in 2001, Kane won the WWF title from Steve Austin, Kane has beaten HHH, Rock, Austin, Angle, Jericho, Undertaker, Big Show, Kane has also been most over heel in company, So you think he ought to be main eventing as well?

He could have been. But he was used to put midcarders over (X-Pac) over to the point where he isn't beleivable as anything BUT "Punishment match semi-main event face that ALWAYS loses"

Jericho wasn't a believable top guy to begin with

He was booked as a Honky Tonk champion. He was barely acknowledged in the Mania feud. For HIS title.

RVD needed to EARN a top spot, being a star elsewhere isn't enough

The fans DEMANDED it. And why start a feud with the world champ if your going to cut it off abruptly with no blow off. (On January 7th)

Angle spent the majority of his WWF career being pushed down the fans throats, its about time he gave something back.

Because the fans took to him. How is endlessly putting midcarders over giving "something" back? That's giving EVERYTHING back. That's career suicide.

Angle's only "put-over" Edge. Kane's on the same level as Angle and has been for quite sometime.

Guest Anglesault

Well, that's not my opinion, but that wasn't the point. Black Tiger suggested Angle should keep putting over midcarders in Christian and Storm.

Christian and Storm are dead in the water. The WWF was hell bent on proving the Smarks right by having Edge be the guy that got over. It took them burying Chritsitan and forcing Edge down our throats, but they did it.