TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
frisco

Who is your god?

The Paladian is working hard in the gym. Sweat covers his face as it beads down his forehead and into his eyes. He strains to lift the bar and complete his set. As he drops it onto the racks it clanks loudly, breaking the early morning silence in the weightroom.

A nervous looking man approaches the Paladian. He is dressed in a green short sheeve shirt and short green pants. A UPS tag is clearly visable on his shirt.

UPS man- Excuse me sir, are you Chance Silver? Or Tha Paladian?

The Paladian glances towards the man, then nods briefly

UPS man- I have a package for you

The carrier hands a large manilla envelope over to The Paladian and quickly walks off. A quick check of the contents reveals a VHS video tape. The Paladian appears confused, but stuffs the tape in his gym bag and continues with his workout.

Two hours later the Paladian returns to his room. He goes about his business of praying and self introspection, then settles in for the evening. It is late at night when he finally pops the video into his VCR.

After a short static filled moment the tape begins. A series of images quickly appear of the screen. The video is of similar style of the one used in the movie "The ring" with grainy images shown in a very disjointed fashion. As the Paladian watches he recognizes his opponent Candice. She appears sitting Indian style in a room. She is surrounded by candles and her face is oddly illuminated. Eerie satanic music plays in the background and a large 666 is written--in what might pass for blood--on the floor near Candice. A large crusafix is seen suspecded upside down on the wall behind Candice. After a few moments of weird video effects, the camera zooms in on Candice.

Candice: Chance you speak of god. You pray to god. You feel he loves you and will protect you. You are a fool. Who is your god? Do you even know?

I pray to no god. I believe in no god. If there is a god why do people die everyday for no reason? there is no god. There is only the devil. It is he who I pray to.

If you are wise you will not bother coming to rhode island. It will only lead to your suffering even more. Your god will not protect you.

If you do meet me in battle on the 26th I will be victorious. I will do more than beat you. I will hurt you. I will injure you. Because while you pray to god, you must remember I am the devil

the camera zooms into a close up of Candice

candice: I will make you suffer

the camera fades out as the tape ends.

The Paladian walks over to the VCR and removes the tape. He tosses it in his trash can and returns to his prayers.

Ok, this is gonna do badly I can bet.

Unless you really know something about Satanism and stuff (and more than just who Crowley and Lavey are) another Manson loving poser doesn't make for a good character.

It's a hype promo, which is always good but don't buil a character in a direction you know nothing about.

I love Manson. When he's got MANSONICITY, how could you not?

why would you assume I know nothing about satanism?

regardless the character is only doing this angle because her opponent is a religion based character. The Paladian always walks around with religious symbols and talks about religion all the time so it would definately make sense for her to exploit that.

Why, because post people dont know real Satanism from the medieval, Judo-Christian satanism for kiddies.

It just feels slightly too big a step to take for just one match and leads me to think it's a character direction you're taking, that's all.

I agree with what Dace said. It wouldn't make sense to go to the trouble of this for just a single match. If your next match is against one of our creepy goth types, will Candace suddenly start wearing a nun's habit and such?

I can see a bit of the argument, but its not neccessarily accurate. Candace is "from the dark side" and all so if she suddenly comes out in a nuns habit then that would be pretty absurd. But that hasn't happened yet and it would not happen.

She is not a pure satanist as satanism being a defining element in her character, but she definately leans that way. its not a stretch to say she's an athiest. Her whole thing with the upside down crosses and the 666 is to get in the head of her opponent who is a devout believer, and nothing more. The satanism thing is nothing that is going to built the character around, but its nothing that would be totally ignored for the sake of a quick gimmic.

Guest Ghetto Bird

Don't scare her off, fellas; we should at least see how it plays out in a match, first...

Don't scare her off, fellas; we should at least see how it plays out in a match, first...

Agreed. I think you are all being a bit harsh for a first-timer.