TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

This Week in Baseball

Guest Anglesault
Shane Spencer gets arrested for DUI....they're the Mets alright.

Again?

Guest FrigidSoul

Is it just me or does Baltimore have more rain during their games than any other place? Everytime the Red Sox are there the skies open and the rain comes falling down.

Is it just me or does Baltimore have more rain during their games than any other place? Everytime the Red Sox are there the skies open and the rain comes falling down.

2 Games in Boston back in April got rained out.

From the weather report, I dont know if they'll get this one in.

Damn, Marlins beat the Phillies again, Fish are 9-1 against the Phils this year. Tom Glavine wins his first game since June 13, as the Mets win for the first time in a week, beating the Expos tonight.

Did anybody see the pre-game brawl between the Rangers and Angels? Just heard about it on the radio, what happened?

Guest Anglesault

Apparently McGriff is working out with the Yankees in Tampa for a couple of days. George might make the call to sign him if Jason goes on the DL.

I always liked Fred, so I wouldn't mind it that much.

Guest FrigidSoul

McGriff is trying desperately to reach 500 homers. I think he should just hang them up, call it a career and be happy with what he achieved.

Guest Anglesault
McGriff is trying desperately to reach 500 homers.

It's his ticket to the hall. I think he belongs regardless, but he thinks he needs it.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

The Angels continue to be erratic. Only two runs scored today, but it didn't matter as Colon only gave up 1 hit over 7 innings and then K-Rod and Percy decided to play shut-down ball.

You know, I am convinced that it's a better idea to let Jason Schmidt pitch 130+ pitches and go the distance, instead of letting him go seven or eight and rely on the pen to actually nail it down. He went eight tonight, threw 123 pitches, struck out seven and only gave up two earned runs and at the moment, it's at risk of going to waste, as it's been narrowed to a two-run game, with two on in the ninth and nobody. They're already on their third reliever of the inning. People will bitch that Alou let Schmidt throw too many pitches, but they could've won the damn game by now.

Of course, I care about this primarily because I've got Schmidt on my fantasy and a complete game would've helped out a lot. But it's still sad to see his great outings squandered by horrible relieve pitching.

Guest FrigidSoul
Did anybody see the pre-game brawl between the Rangers and Angels? Just heard about it on the radio, what happened?

ESPNews just covered it and according to them and the footage something happened between Angels 2nd Baseman Adam Kennedy and Texas catcher Gerald Laird during batting practice.

Apparently, they'd had some issues during the previous night's game, and then Laird went looking for Kennedy during BP. FISTICUFFS~! ensued.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

day game bitches!

Loaiza vs. Silva on ESPN in half an hour.

ps - click here for an interesting viewpoint on the festival of Koskie beaning in yesterday's game.

Guest Anglesault
Mets release Scott Erickson. Thank God.

Eh, his first game wasn't so bad. I'd put him in the bullpen and literally force old man Franco to retire.

Guest Anglesault
Ankiel to start rehab

The interesting part is that the Cards plan to bring Ankiel to the big club when rosters expand in September.

::tries not to laugh::

::fails::

A's beat the Mariners for their fifth game in a row, and Mark Mulder wins his 14th. They stand just a game behind Texas, who they play for a four game series this weekend.

Jeckll and Hyde.

27-6 at home and 7-20 on the road since mid-May.

Brutal 11 game road trip with that Texas series then to New York and Minnesota. I will be thrilled if they manage to have a winning record on that trip.

Ankiel to start rehab

The interesting part is that the Cards plan to bring Ankiel to the big club when rosters expand in September. God bless those LOOGYs. In all seriousness though, I hope Ankiel can get his career back on track.

No, no, no, no, NO.

Wait until next year. His career implosion was triggered by the pressure of pitching the playoffs, and now we're going to stick him back in the fire, when our bullpen ain't really broken in the first place?

Good fucking GAWD.

Because the entire team is underperforming save a few exceptions. Jimmy Rollins, Pat Burrell, and Marlon Byrd have completely stagnented instead of developing. The team has consistantly underformed expectations the last few seasons. I can't see it just being a matter of all these players individually failing. At some point, its a matter of the organization as a whole. Last year, a poll from a prominant magazine widely derided Bowa as baseball's worst manager. I just think a change would shake up this club for the better.

Guest FrigidSoul

The Red Sox look like they're going to lose once again to Baltimore. According to the local newspaper that would make them 4-9 against Baltimore...I hate how this team doesn't wake up and pummel the shitty teams.

Cubs look like trash tonight. Just when you think they're learning a bit about how not all of their runs have to come from the longball, you've got guys like Aramis Ramirez taking swings like he's got a golf club in his hand. Doesn't help that Kerry Wood gave up a two-run homer to BILL HALL, of all people.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I'm torn about today's Sox game:

Con: More baserunning and fielding mistakes than usual, which is saying something

Pro: None of them were made by Carlos Lee

I almost want to call that progress.

I couldn't help but feel a bit for Valentin, since you just had to know that error would come back to cost the team.

After three nights of having to listen to Daron Sutton, I need a drink and a gun. I thought Chip Caray was a fanboy. My god.

Guest Anglesault

Kind of a crappy loss tonight. Oh well, not much you can do there.

Just move on to the Oriole series, where Contreras and God only knows will be pitching.

Somehow that failed to uplift me.