TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nelly's Bandaid

Question for the mod staff....

Guest Dids

You'll have to talk to AoO. He's the one who made the call. Note that you didn't get banned, you got sent to your room for an hour.

Nelly's Bandaid—he should be banned for the name alone—is doing the same thing in this thread that he was suspended for elsewhere. He has illustrated that he is incapable of displaying rational thought; there is no point in discussing this further, as he has willfully chosen to remain ignorant over the facts that are being presented to him repeatedly.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

"You'll have to talk to AoO. He's the one who made the call. Note that you didn't get banned, you got sent to your room for an hour."

I was already in my room. :(

"Nelly's Bandaid—he should be banned for the name alone—is doing the same thing in this thread that he was suspended for elsewhere. He has illustrated that he is incapable of displaying rational thought; there is no point in discussing this further, as he has willfully chosen to remain ignorant over the facts that are being presented to him repeatedly."

Can you back any of that up with examples? Where I'm I willfully chosing to ignore facts? Where have I displayed a lack of rational thought? What am I doing here that I was doing in that thread, other than discussing and debating something?

Guest SP-1

How many times does it need to be said?

This board is not a democracy. If you don't agree with the way things are run, go to a spinoff board where alot of the same people post. Or deal with it and keep posting here.

At first, i didn't like that amount of power the mods seem to have. But it's actually worked rather well in action. If you act logically and have fun here, you'll be fine. Pretty much, TSM has an unspoken rule that the mods enforce. It's the same as the VERY spoken rule at WDI:

Don't be an asshole.
(OMGSPCURSEDINAQUOTATION2004~!)

That's it.

That's all. Follow that rule and you'll be fine. Don't follow it and you'll be banned. It's exactly that simple, dude. Seriously.

Guest Dids

Discussing and debating involves listening and understanding the points that are being made. I think it's questionable whether or not you're actually doing that.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

How so? I'd really like to see some examples because I can't find them on my own.

And SP this is what I mean:

"This board is not a democracy."

I understand that, I've said I understand that, what I'm talking about is what follows:

"If you act logically and have fun here, you'll be fine."

I did, and I got suspended. That's what I don't get. Is it completely pointless since it's up to them regardless, or is the second one true? Right now I understand the first part, the second part I just don't see as being true.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Don't you have better things to do than whine about an hour ban from a message board? I mean seriously. He banned you for a little hour. Go play a game, watch tv, go for a walk, go to the store, something. He could've banned you for good if he felt like it.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

^ Does everyone else expand a lot of energy when posting? How does starting up some discussion and debate on an issue turn into whining?

Guest Salacious Crumb

Because you're only bringing it up because something happened to you.

Guest SP-1

If you can't understand the mechanics of assholery, I don't know what else to say, man.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Thread Summary:

crying.gif

A picture's worth a thousand words you know.

Guest FrigidSoul
I think that Choken's banning and Nelly's temporary suspension are EXACTLY the sort of thing that make TSM a better place.

Except Choken made a new account not even 2hrs after being banned because Josh is the only one who apparently knows how to use the IP ban filter properly.

I just said to hell with it and have gone to WDI to be honest. There's always another place and sometimes it fits you more.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

The big wigs should just make me a mod and do the dirty work for them. They are being far too leniant on these fags. Abolish them quickly...with extreme prejudice.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
Yeah quit bitching...  or I'll make sure you've got something to bitch about.

K?

K.

No K..............K?

That post deserves a ban.

If I were suspended for an hour, I probably wouldn't even notice. Hey, I want a mod to suspend me for an hour at a random time.

Could someone PLEASE fix the spelling of discretion in the rules? With as much as it's quoted, it needs to be corrected.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

"Because you're only bringing it up because something happened to you."

That's usually when you tend to notice it. Why would there be a need for a discussion about me being suspended if I wasn't suspended?

"If you can't understand the mechanics of assholery, I don't know what else to say, man."

I understand that if someone can't point out where you've been an asshole, you haven't been an asshole.

I'm just confused, I try and open up some simple discussion on the issue to better understand why it happens, obviously so it doesn't happen again, and all I get is 'stop whining' 'don't be a fag' and 'get over it'. How do replies like that help anything?

Guest DonVito
I'm just confused, I try and open up some simple discussion on the issue to better understand why it happens, obviously so it doesn't happen again, and all I get is 'stop whining' 'don't be a fag' and 'get over it'. How do replies like that help anything?

I must pose the question how does complaining for 2 pages in the site feedback folder help you?

It's obviously getting you nowhere. All you've managed to accomplish is piss more people off with your constant posting and not giving up. This is why they suspended you for an hour.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

For posting? I'm not complaining, I'm just looking for answers, and I thought that's what this folder was for. Pissing people off is not my intent and if I am that's a shame.

Here's an answer:

7. Mods have full discretion (I FIXED THE SPELLING!!!!  Don't kill me, Dames) to warn or ban posters they feel are out of line and acting like twits.

Translation: AoO thought you were being a twit in that thread, and suspended you. If you want to know exactly why, I suggest you PM him yourself and ask why. We give valid reasons why we do things, you know.

Besides, you got suspended for AN HOUR. 60 minutes. One The Price is Right. I'd just forget about it and move on.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

I'll go ahead and give it a shot, I initially figured it was pointless considering the reason for this thread. Thanks for the help.

"Because it doesn't do that. It allows the mods to remove those individuals who only serve to inhibit discussion and debate by acting like assholes. "

So then can you show me where I did that?

Example

Translation: AoO thought you were being a twit in that thread, and suspended you. If you want to know exactly why, I suggest you PM him yourself and ask why. We give valid reasons why we do things, you know.

That's all the explanation this needs.

And to avoid this turning into a debacle, I'm locking the doors.