TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LucharesuFan619

The Story of XTREME PRO WRESTLING

Yeah unbiassed is the best way to be. Im loving the details so far. Will there be anything on the cruiser workers such as Damien, Halloween and Super Dragons crew?

Of course. This is the Story of XPW. It's gonna be the size of a book. There's gonna be info on the no-name guys like Jake Lawless, Matt Sinister, and Kristian Blood, so of course those guys will be talked about. Steve Rizzono talked quite a bit about how Rob Black reacted to Super Dragon's controversial XPW debut (something nobody has gone on the record about until now), and also about communicating with MMW, Nosawa, and the other international superstars who worked XPW.

Guest The Last Free Voice

... okay, not to get ahead of the story (which has been great, btw) but can you give me an overview of what happened? I've never heard anything bout this....

The Super Dragon thing?

His XPW debut was he and Rising Son vs. Ultra Taro Jr. and Disco Machine, I think it was. According to Dragon, Rob Black started yelling at them once they got backstage because they were the opener on the show and showed up all the other guys who were gonna work later, since they put on such an amazing match. If you know Dragon outside of the ring (which I don't, but I do know people who know him), you know he has a legit ego. The full story is a whole lot different than he wants people to know.

Guest SoCalTF
The Super Dragon thing?

His XPW debut was he and Rising Son vs. Ultra Taro Jr. and Disco Machine, I think it was. According to Dragon, Rob Black started yelling at them once they got backstage because they were the opener on the show and showed up all the other guys who were gonna work later, since they put on such an amazing match. If you know Dragon outside of the ring (which I don't, but I do know people who know him), you know he has a legit ego. The full story is a whole lot different than he wants people to know.

Um, his debut was against Rising Son and the month after Dragon teamed with Excalibur against Rising Son and TARO and then in November of that year he faced Disco Machine. There was no yelling, people where just upset they did a lot. I was there and saw what went down and the way I heard it from Dragon is the exact truth. You can't trust former XPW worker's stories about it becuase they where really bitter that the Rev Pro guys had real talent and outshined them. As for Super Dragon having an ego, he doesn't have an ego at all. He's a very cool person and people who think he has an ego have no clue about anything. I don't know who you talk to that know him(probably people who are very bitter over something on the net) but Dragon is a very down to earth and has no problem talking to fans and even has friendships with a few. So don't go around spreading these fake stories Barber. If Steve Rizzano told you this, keep this in mind, wrestlers like Steve Rizzano and most of the old XPW lockerroom will tell lies almost like all wrestlers in the biz and will try to "work the marks". Don't be a sucker and use logic kid.

There was no yelling

Yes, there was.

people where just upset they did a lot.

That's part of the story. Certainly not all.

the way I heard it from Dragon is the exact truth

No, it's not. He's omitted something key in all the interviews he's done.

You can't trust former XPW worker's stories about it becuase they where really bitter that the Rev Pro guys had real talent and outshined them.

Actually, the Rev. Pro guys got along quite well with the XPW wrestlers, but only after many of them failed to introduce themselves to the XPW homegrown guys and the XPW homegrown guys had to introduce themselves (much like what happened between Sean O'Haire and The Undertaker when O'Haire joined WWE). By Rev. Pro guys, I don't mean AWC, Shady, and a select few others. Those two especially were very up front, but Dragon and others weren't as much so.

So don't go around spreading these fake stories Barber.

They're far from fake.

Guest SoCalTF
I was there and saw what went down and the way I heard it from Dragon is the exact truth.

Please respond to that since you seemed to ignore that. I was there and I can back up Dragon's story. Just keep this in mind, XPW workers aren't going to give you the full truth so beware.

Guest SoCalTF

Told 6 minutes? Not from what I heard and everything seemed very calm. But anyways, good luck with this story thing.

The Rev. Pro guys were told to go 6 minutes. They went about double that. Why wouldn't they be yelled out?

I never understood why XPW had a problem with this. It was IMO XPW's best match up to that point.

I know it made a huge impression on me after I saw it on TV. I even went to XPW's next show "Rapture" JUST to see Super Dragon and Co. in action and was super pissed when they weren't there.... Big mistake on XPW's part.

I guess matches like Scott Snot Vs. Shooting Star was the kind of opener they wanted. Never mind stuff that actually stood out like the innovative & entertaining crap that The RevPro boys did.

Really it was this type of crap that made me hate XPW.... Ok, rant over.... time to get my ass to Mars... er PWG

Guest ramsdell

HEY this is a sweet thing you are doing. I never followed XPW but this is pretty dam cool. How long have you been working on this for. It seems you did alot of research and i just want to say thanks for doing this.

HEY this is a sweet thing you are doing. I never followed XPW but this is pretty dam cool. How long have you been working on this for. It seems you did alot of research and i just want to say thanks for doing this.

I started doing the research around the time when XPW stopped running (early 2003). So, about a year and a half. No problem about doing it. I have a soft spot for XPW, and this is my way of conveying it.

I never understood why XPW had a problem with this. It was IMO XPW's best match up to that point.

It was indeed a tremendous match (one of the best spotfests I've seen), but at the same time they didn't do what they were told, and it's risky to put guys out there that you're not sure you can trust. They knew they were only supposed to go about half as long as they did.

I have the match on my comp and I agree it is one of the best all out spotfests I have seen. It is also one of the only times I have seen Dragon work this way. So many crazy moves in the match but my favourites were the Tiger Driver followed by the Psycho Driver on TARO.

Say, out of curiosity, who owns the rights to the XPW name and titles?

Xtreme Entertainment Group bought the copyrights and stuff about a year ago, so I think they own it all.

everything seemed very calm.

What I meant to say was "shouldn't," not "wouldn't." I mean, I wasn't backstage so I can't say firsthand what happened, but if he did yell at them, I think it's pretty well deserved if in fact they went twice as long as they were supposed to, and again, I don't know for sure if they did, but from what I was told they were supposed to go only 6 minutes.

Yeah unbiassed is the best way to be.

Yup, completely unbiased article there. Absolutely no 'every bad story about XPW will be disputed with the TRUTH~! where XPW is never in the wrong' vibe coming from it (especially not with all those Super Dragon comments)

Yup, completely unbiased article there. Absolutely no 'every bad story about XPW will be disputed with the TRUTH~! where XPW is never in the wrong' vibe coming from it (especially not with all those Super Dragon comments)

XPW hasn't even been talked about dude. What do you expect me do - lambast Rob Black for having three girlfriends before finding the right one? Sheesh.

Guest whitemilesdavis

Ignore the haters man. Great work so far. Can't wait for the next installment.

Ignore the haters man. Great work so far. Can't wait for the next installment.

Exactly. I would like to see some people do somthing like this. I can imagine the time it takes.

XPW hasn't even been talked about dude. What do you expect me do - lambast Rob Black for having three girlfriends before finding the right one? Sheesh.

Did you see where I said 'vibe coming from'?

I wasn't stating that it was definately super biased.

I was stating that the comments you have made so far (in this thread and the previous one) made the 'unbiased is the way to go' comment amusing because it seems it won't.

I probably could have been less harsh with my responce though, the articles are still interesting - I just don't expect them to be a totally unbiased look at XPW - especially with how you've portrayed certain things up until now.

Coming in the next week or two (give or take...shouldn't be any more than a month):

A short trailer showcasing what you can expect from the upcoming XPW: 5 Years Later music videos, and also from the written retrospective itself. Just a quick taste of what you can expect. The trailer will be about a minute long.

Sounds cool. How far off is part 3 btw?

At least a month. Probably quite a bit more. The next two, possibly three parts will be slow coming out. After that, I promise it'll start picking up to substantially to a faster pace. Thanks much for your interest in it.

Kaos, Jake Lawless, Homeless Jimmy, and former-Slammers wrestler Jeff Lindberg will be contributing. Supreme probably won't be contributing, unfortunately. If you have questions for any of these guys, you need to get them to me ASAP - as in, in the next few days. Thanks.

Former-Slammers Wrestling Federation, SCCW, LXW, and of course XPW referee...the one, the only, Patrick Hernandez...will be contributing. Feel free to send in any questions for him or Kaos, Lawless, Jimmy, and/or Lindberg, but just be sure to get them in quickly.

This will be the first time Jimmy, Kaos, Lawless, and Hernandez have gone on the record about their experiences in XPW.