TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Donners

Assorted TNA news

Guest Donners

- Jerry Lynn is set to have an MRI this week to determine the status of a shoulder injury. It is expected that he will need to have surgery.

- Jim Mitchell was backstage at the Impact! taping this week. Mitchell is expected to be brought back in along with Wolfie D/Slash as a new incarnation of Mitchell's New Church.

- Dutch Mantel fell down a flight of stairs and hurt his hip backstage at the Impact! taping this week.

- TNA is expected to offer contracts to Mikey Batts and Jerelle Clark soon.

- TNA continues to be very impressed with Lex Lovett and are looking into giving him a bigger role.

- TNA is interested in teaming Samoa Joe with Ekmo, however, Ekmo's asking price remains high.

- There is talk of TNA co-promoting shows in Los Angeles and San Diego with AAA.

Those are from PWInsider and the Torch newsletter, so assign them the appropriate credibility. Some promising news with Mitchell and Slash in particular.

Guest MikeSC
They want to bring in Samoa Joe and put him in a tag team with friggin' JAMAL? :boxing:

Jamal has a high asking price?

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
So? Shawn Michaels was with Marty Janetty and who was the bigger star?

This is more like Wayne Bloom having a higher asking price than Mike Enos.

-=Mike

Why the fuck would you want to take a talented guy like Joe, who could easily be a break-out singles star for them if they even HALFway push him, and team him up with that sack of shit?

Jamal has a high asking price? Fuck him. If you want to bring in a high-priced Samoan, just drop cash for Rikishi. It's not as if I'd like to see Rikishi in TNA, either, but at least he has good name value and can put on a decent match. Jamal / Ekmo can't even do THAT.

Guest bort

Jamal is pretty big in Japan, I dont really get all of the Jamal hate. Hes a big man and moves pretty well doing top rope splashes and the such. When you compare him to others in the same weight catagory i think hes pretty decent

DURRRR...two big Samoan guys, let's team 'em!

Joe could be a HUGE star in TNA with the right push, but oh well. I'd rather see if stay in ROH.

But yeah...Jarrett should spend TONS of money to bring in Jamal...he'll send the buyrates SOARING! :P

Guest Donners

Well, that's probably why they haven't signed him with his high asking price... :\

Guest whitemilesdavis

I don't know his cost, but I do think Jamal could be an asset to TNA. Introducing Joe in a Wild Samoans type tag-team may be the best way to get him noticed by the crowd. I like it, and I don't have to pay the bills, so OK.

Guest TDinDC1112
See if I rememebr correctly, Jamal got FIRED for being sloppy as hell. TNA doesn't need that. Joe can work, that they do need.

That's not why he got fired.

Guest Dynamite Kido
Dutch Mantel fell down a flight of stairs and hurt his hip backstage at the Impact! taping this week.

Meh, I am surprised he didn't tease falling down the stairs for months to finally take a bitch fall where nothing happens at all after he actually falls down the steps after 11 months of trying to build up to it.

TNA is interested in teaming Samoa Joe with Ekmo, however, Ekmo's asking price remains high.

What a bunch of fucktards. This is the problem with the company right here. They want to bring in the guy that has had the longest title reign in the country(At least of the titles that actually have value to them) and team him with a fucking WWE reject?!?!! WTF?

- There is talk of TNA co-promoting shows in Los Angeles and San Diego with AAA

Jesus Christ....what the fuck is the obsession of TNA with AAA? I guess they don't realize that AAA brings very little to this working relationship. Fuck AAA, get rid of them.....they bring NOTHING of value to the table.

Guest krazykat72

Jesus Christ....what the fuck is the obsession of TNA with AAA? I guess they don't realize that AAA brings very little to this working relationship. Fuck AAA, get rid of them.....they bring NOTHING of value to the table.

Considering the most successful Indy shows this year have been Lucha shows and LA and San Diego especially has a heavy Spanish population who are really into the Lucha product (not far from Tijuana,a hotbed for it), there's a *big* reason for TNA to want to get in with AAA. Do you realize that AAA's TripleMania (version of WM) drew like 12K, which is approx 12X more than TNA has ever drawn (and that's with all the freebies). They're trying to tap into a market and being with an established product will only help them.

-Paul Jacobi-

Guest whitemilesdavis
This is the problem with the company right here. They want to bring in the guy that has had the longest title reign in the country(At least of the titles that actually have value to them) and team him with a fucking WWE reject?!?!!

I disagree. To the VAST majority of wrestling fans, Joe is a complete unknown. He needs something to introduce him to the audience, otherwise he is just another fat guy. Introduce him in a tag-team, then if his work and charisma stand-out, give him a singles run. I also don't see Jamal as a WWE reject, so-to-speak, because they didn't give him enough time to make an impression, good or bad.

See if I rememebr correctly, Jamal got FIRED for being sloppy as hell. TNA doesn't need that. Joe can work, that they do need.

If I remeber correctly, he got fired for not being able to get a handle on that little "I like to commit assault on others in my spare time" habit of his.

Guest whitemilesdavis

That's actually a good habit for wrestlers. There did seem to be some stink over his injuring the HLA girls on RAW. Gosh, the more I think about it, the more I like this guy.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Considering the most successful Indy shows this year have been Lucha shows and LA and San Diego especially has a heavy Spanish population who are really into the Lucha product (not far from Tijuana,a hotbed for it), there's a *big* reason for TNA to want to get in with AAA. Do you realize that AAA's TripleMania (version of WM) drew like 12K, which is approx 12X more than TNA has ever drawn (and that's with all the freebies). They're trying to tap into a market and being with an established product will only help them.

-Paul Jacobi-

Paul......I was fully aware of that. What does that do for TNA? TNA has ZERO lucha. Don't call the X-Division lucha either because it's not. Plus, even though Lucha shows were the biggest draws of the year in that area.....TNA doesn't connect with that market with or without AAA. Considering that TNA felt burnt but AAA several times since their relationship started and TNA has done nothing but give to AAA then basically it's a deal where AAA makes out and TNA gets nothing of value in return. Also, I said this before and this is MY point......AAA doesn't even allow for their best talent to come over. So basically....what is TNA getting out of the deal that is sooooo wonderful?

Guest Dynamite Kido
I disagree. To the VAST majority of wrestling fans, Joe is a complete unknown. He needs something to introduce him to the audience, otherwise he is just another fat guy. Introduce him in a tag-team, then if his work and charisma stand-out, give him a singles run. I also don't see Jamal as a WWE reject, so-to-speak, because they didn't give him enough time to make an impression, good or bad.

So what Joe is a relative unknown. Plus, I am pretty sure that mostly everyone that orders the TNA PPV's are internet fans and that is the majority of their fanbase. They all know who Joe is and would be insulted to see him brought in as a tag teamer. Also, putting him in a tag team to get him familiar with fans is also stupid. If they want tag teams....sign some. If they wanna build a guy up and get his face out there......MAKE HIM A TOTAL BADASS!!! It's not that hard...and Joe is good enough of a worker to make it happen. They just use horrible judgement when it comes to pushing and regulating talent.

Guest whitemilesdavis
So what Joe is a relative unknown. Plus, I am pretty sure that mostly everyone that orders the TNA PPV's are internet fans and that is the majority of their fanbase.

But the point in signing talent is to get MORE people to order. TNA needs to widen their scope rather than narrow it.

They all know who Joe is and would be insulted to see him brought in as a tag teamer.

I personally am not insulted that Chris Daniels is in a tag-team, and he's way better than Joe. Bottom line, if he puts on great performances, people will notice.

Guest Dynamite Kido
They all know who Joe is and would be insulted to see him brought in as a tag teamer.

I personally am not insulted that Chris Daniels is in a tag-team, and he's way better than Joe. Bottom line, if he puts on great performances, people will notice.

I should have further elaborated on this one so it's my fault. I am not insulted either that Daniels is in a tag team. There are several reasons behind this.

-Christopher Daniels was pushed in a tag team position since his inception into the company when it started. Actually, it was a little after him fighting in singles matches until they made him a part of the SEX group. Later he formed XXX with Skipper and Low-ki and even though they weren't pushed as top stars.....XXX was given their fair share of top billing as a group(mainly when the ME focus of a show was on the tag team division of the x-division).

-Secondly, Joe is the ROH champion. That is something that Daniels can't even say. So basically to the majority of the fanbase.......Joe is a established guy(considering that besides Kobashi in NOAH, Joe has had the longest running title reign of any primary title in the world)and has already established himself. Joe has wrestled for plenty of indy's in the US and has even wrestled in Zero-One in Japan as well. Thus the reason why Joe needs to be treated as more than a tag team guy.....even if it's just to start out.

Guest whitemilesdavis

A) I don't think TNA should acknowledge ROH in any way. Thus there champion does not exist in TNA eyes.

B) If Joe thinks the position is below him, he shouldn't take it. I know we've all been slipping towards the dark side lately, but this shouldn't be blamed on TNA. They don't have to book the guy, and I doubt he'll bring them much new business right away if they do book him. So, if they have an idea where they think he would fit, leave it up to him to like the idea or not. We've all seen their intentions now, so it's not like they are doing anything sneaky or dishonest. If the guy is too good for tag-wrestling, he doesn't have to sign.

Christopher Daniels was pushed in a tag team position since his inception into the company when it started.

Which is exactly what they are talking about doing with Joe, right?

Guest Dynamite Kido
A) I don't think TNA should acknowledge ROH in any way. Thus there champion does not exist in TNA eyes.

B) If Joe thinks the position is below him, he shouldn't take it. I know we've all been slipping towards the dark side lately, but this shouldn't be blamed on TNA. They don't have to book the guy, and I doubt he'll bring them much new business right away if they do book him. So, if they have an idea where they think he would fit, leave it up to him to like the idea or not. We've all seen their intentions now, so it's not like they are doing anything sneaky or dishonest. If the guy is too good for tag-wrestling, he doesn't have to sign.

Why? I am so sick of shit like this. Why wouldn't they acknowledge that the guy holds a championship belt...why wouldn't you wanna showcase the fact that you have some of the countries greatest wrestlers coming in to fight for your company?

Point B I agree 100%.

Christopher Daniels was pushed in a tag team position since his inception into the company when it started.

Which is exactly what they are talking about doing with Joe, right?

No it's not. I said they did that since the company's inception....like when they started. Now they are off the ground, they shouldn't bring in Joe in a tag team. They didn't bring Monte Brown in to fight in a tag team......he came in himself and nobody knew who he was. Joe is a better worker, and if given the proper time....people would see that and putting him in a team with Jamal, would do nothing but pigeon hole him into being a shitty worker(like his partner is and would be considered).

Guest whitemilesdavis

ROH is the closest thing TNA has to competition. To acknowledge being ROH's champion as a great accomplishment, is to give the competition a boost.

The other option is to totally acknowledge it, and bury Joe, thus making ROH look weak.

I think it is better business to ignore the competition.

Guest krazykat72

-Paul Jacobi-

Paul......I was fully aware of that. What does that do for TNA? TNA has ZERO lucha. Don't call the X-Division lucha either because it's not. Plus, even though Lucha shows were the biggest draws of the year in that area.....TNA doesn't connect with that market with or without AAA. Considering that TNA felt burnt but AAA several times since their relationship started and TNA has done nothing but give to AAA then basically it's a deal where AAA makes out and TNA gets nothing of value in return. Also, I said this before and this is MY point......AAA doesn't even allow for their best talent to come over. So basically....what is TNA getting out of the deal that is sooooo wonderful?

Basically, by co-protiong shows in that area of the country, it will familiarize TNA with a new audience and hopefully make them some money by being part of shows that will draw a much larger gate than they're used to (which is practically nothing since over half the PPV seats are comps and the Orlando tapings are free).

AAA will send their best talent into a house show atmosphere in a heavily hispanic area, and TNA will want to cash in on it. That's why they want to do it, to make some money (something TNA hasn't ever done).

-Paul Jacobi-

If so much of TNA's audience is internet based, then bringing Joe in as part of a stereotypical Samoan team with a guy that is seen as several notches below him is a waste of talent. And the ROH audience that might be willing to watch Joe in TNA is going to be instantly turned off by how he's being used.

Guest whitemilesdavis

If so much of TNA's audience is internet based, they need to expand their audience.

then bringing Joe in as part of a stereotypical Samoan team with a guy that is seen as several notches below him is a waste of talent

Why? Most viewers will see them as a brand new team, and if they are entertaining, as I believe they could be, they will get over.