TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

TSM Game Chatter Thread

Guest Anglesault
I'm gonna try doing these for individual series, rather than an entire week.  Big time series this week between the A's and Yankees.

Eh, maybe to the people in Oakland. We could get swept and it wouldn't mean that much. The idea that it maybe possibly could be an ALCS or ALDS match up isn't that intriguing to me.

I reacted like this when we played the Tigers. I never want my team to blow it.

Doesn't make this series any more important than any other.

This game really fucking pisses me off.

Mulder has shit and we absolutely refuse to take advantage, and we're just hemorrhaging runs on the defensive side.

well the game pisses me off because I am in class following online, rather then at home with a beer, in the easy chair, relaxing and watching... B-)

Guest Anglesault
This game really fucking pisses me off.

Mulder has shit and we absolutely refuse to take advantage, and we're just hemorrhaging runs on the defensive side.

well the game pisses me off because I am in class following online, rather then at home with a beer, in the easy chair, relaxing and watching... B-)

You'd sit there and laugh at the Yankees. Mulder has nothing, walks Sierra of all people twice and just generally looks lost, so the Yankees respond by swinging at the first pitch consistantly.

Guest Anglesault

This game is frustrating me beyond words, but worst case scenario we're up 8 games. Just move on to tomorrow.

Guest Anglesault

Heredia outings have really become funny now. You know it's coming, you can see it, feel it, taste it. it's just a matter of when. It's hilarious.

Check the game online towards the end of work to see Mulder give up the three run homer but come home and they were up 10-4. Damn long commute.

Four out of five wins to start the road trip. Color me surprised.

Guest Anglesault

Mulder should really buy his fielders (specifically Crosby) a watch. he was nowhere near good tonight.

Guest Staravenger
Heredia outings have really become funny now. You know it's coming, you can see it, feel it, taste it. it's just a matter of when. It's hilarious.

I'm assuming he did bad? (laughs about that question)

I was too busy watching the fucking World Series of Poker on ESPN to give a damn about anything tonight past 9:00.

Guest Anglesault

I'm assuming he did bad? (laughs about that question)

We're down six runs, he comes in and starts walking people. Which, ineveitably led to the three run homerun. The walking business bothered me more.

Is anyone watching the Cardinals game? This homeplate ump has been absolutely horrible. An Expo clearly got hit on the hand and he said it was a foul ball. This was in the eighth with runners on. Then in the 10th, with two on, he gives the Cards' reliever a pair of very generous strikes, which lead to a strikeout. Had he called them balls like everyone thought he should've (even the Cards' announcers), they would've had the bags full with Batista, the guy who tied it in the ninth, up. I mean, it's the freaking Expos. They've got enough going against them with shitty umpiring.

Guest Staravenger

Oh well, it's something to watch until I need to go to sleep at 12. Hopefully this goes on for another inning or two. Let's go Rolen!

The Cards look like they're actually going to drop this one, as their pen's shakey performance tonight finally caught up with them in the form of a Tony Batista grand slam in the 12th. Here's the real kicker: four runs off of ONE hit. And they walked Vidro intentionally to get to Batista. I know this is just one game, but the Cards' pen pitched much like they probably should be pitching.

Yeah that was a bad loss since they were up 6-2 when they gave up two runs in the sixth, then two runs in the ninth to tie it, and four in the 12th.

Anybody see Rolen's stats on the Sunday night game comparing his BA. HR's & RBI at home v. on the road? Time for another road trip!

Honestly though I think it was just not taking the Expos seriously enough and not showing up ready to play after an off day.

Or it could just be because the Expos are actually one of the hottest teams in baseball right now and the Cardinals pitching staffed issued about 247 walks last night.

Or it could just be because the Expos are actually one of the hottest teams in baseball right now and the Cardinals pitching staffed issued about 247 walks last night.

Maybe, the Cards actually seem to be playing better on the road than at home too. I expect them to take the next two, since they emphasize winning each series.

*ding ding ding ding*

And just think - we're bringing up ANKIEL in a month. I sure do hope he receives the pair of vintage Rick Vaughn "Buddy Holly" glasses that I took the liberty of buying for him on eBay.

Guest Staravenger

ESPN further pisses me off by advertising Yankees vs. Athletics, and showing THE FUCKING DEVIL RAYS VS. THE FUCKING RED SOX!

I hate bait and switches.

Guest Anglesault

Takes a while to get used to Johnny in a yankee uniform with the helmet.

Guest Staravenger

I'm on a REAL lucky streak right now....the D-Rays/R-Sox game has NO COMMENTARY! (bangs head against wall)

Nevermind, FINALLY fixed after about a half an hour.

After successfully turning a 4.5 game division lead into a 1.5 game deficit to the A's in a bout a week, it looks as though a series against Detroit is just the cure for the Rangers recent slump. A 5-4 win yesterday and looking at an easy 8-0 win today, hopefully the remaining game against the Tigers and the series with Baltimore put the Rangers back on track.

Why because he hustles and enjoys the game? Actually I'm not even a big Byrnes fan only because there is a growing group of A's fans who I refer to as the "Byrnes Nazis" who think he's the greatest thing ever and get on anyone who criticizes him.

Dotel is soooooo Billy Koch 2.0. When I say that I mean when Koch was with the A's in 2002 and he had a good year. But just like Koch, it is an adventure every time with Dotel and like Koch he blows quite a few big games. Still better than Arthur Rhodes obviously but we're closer snobs in Oakland for obvious reasons and we expect our closers to slam the door 1-2-3 every time.

Hope they can win this in extras since The Avatar is pitching tommorrow.

Guest Anglesault
Why because he hustles and enjoys the game? Actually I'm not even a big Byrnes fan only because there is a growing group of A's fans who I refer to as the "Byrnes Nazis" who think he's the greatest thing ever and get on anyone who criticizes him.

Because he tries to jump over leftfield wall to catch a homerun about 15-20 feet behind him. It would have made my day if he hurt himself there.

So you hate him because he gave an effort?

Okay.

And it looked about 10 feet behind him. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer but jeez who cares if he at least tries?

Guest Anglesault
So you hate him because he gave an effort?

Okay.

And it looked about 10 feet behind him. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer but jeez who cares if he at least tries?

I don't hate him. I just hate when ballplayers are willing to hurt themselves just to prove that they're trying. If he had a shot at that ball, great. Don't rip up your knee trying to put on a show.

Guest Anglesault
Still better than Arthur Rhodes obviously

Where is Arthur? We could use him.