TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

TSM Game Chatter Thread

Rhodes is on the DL but will be back fairly soon. Yankees could probably have him for almost nothing as the A's have a roster crunch right now with a bunch of players coming off the DL.

You know the A's bullpen has been much better lately but both the A's losses this road trip were due to the bullpen. It's so hard to think about how the A's would be running away with the West if they had a good bullpen this year.

Maybe The Avatar will pitch like he did in 2002 tommorrow. And maybe Jimmie Foxx will rise from the dead and hit three homeruns for the A's tommorrow.

So you hate him because he gave an effort?

Okay.

And it looked about 10 feet behind him. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer but jeez who cares if he at least tries?

I don't hate him. I just hate when ballplayers are willing to hurt themselves just to prove that they're trying. If he had a shot at that ball, great. Don't rip up your knee trying to put on a show.

Mickey Mantle forever relayed a story about Pete Rose attempting a similar catch in spring training, and thus earning the nickname "Charlie Hustle". I imagine he was trying the same thing Byrnes tried.

Guest Anglesault
Rhodes is on the DL but will be back fairly soon. Yankees could probably have him for almost nothing as the A's have a roster crunch right now with a bunch of players coming off the DL.

No I meant we could use him to pitch for the A's tonight.

Just as I typed that, A-Rod ended it.

Guest Anglesault
So you hate him because he gave an effort?

Okay.

And it looked about 10 feet behind him. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer but jeez who cares if he at least tries?

I don't hate him. I just hate when ballplayers are willing to hurt themselves just to prove that they're trying. If he had a shot at that ball, great. Don't rip up your knee trying to put on a show.

Mickey Mantle forever relayed a story about Pete Rose attempting a similar catch in spring training, and thus earning the nickname "Charlie Hustle".

I think the way Rose played, he would have been Charlie Hustle regardless of that one attempted catch.

And Byrnes is no Pete Rose.

Corey Patterson has to be one of the worst hitters in key situations. He just struck out with the bases loaded. Cubs are up by one, but Kent Mercker's coming in, so I doubt that'll be enough.

Great comeback by The Yankees tonight, even with Rivera looking as shaky as I've ever seen him. The guy went over 50 pitches in TWO INNINGS!

Should be a fun day game tommorow.

I've seen what may be the two strangest inside the park home runs in baseball history tonight. I never thought I'd see an inside the park HR hit off the windshield of a car drawing.

Guest Anglesault
This is exactly why the A's can't make it out of the first round, because of games like last night. Argh......

I don't think they played a bad game

Kyle Farnsworth is trash. Absolute trash. His job is to get ONE out and he gives up a two-run homer. Loser.

It's not that he's trash, it's he is not in the role he is designed for. Kyle is not a set-up man and when he has been used as set-up, he has sucked the life out of the Cubs.

Plus his control has been erratic this year like he is pushing way too hard.

Least the Cubs won and got the Wild Card lead. Now if they can hold it, they'll be in business.

It may not be the role he's good at, but it's the role that he's been put into, nonetheless. Hawkins doesn't care for the closer's role, but he's doing what he can because that's what the team needs. Speaking of which, I heard that Borowski is going to meet up with the team in San Fran. Gotta wonder if Baker will stick with him or go back to LaTroy if he falters. Personally, while LaTroy has been shakey in the role at times, I much prefer him there than Borowski, who made just about every appearance into a rollercoaster of events, fast heartbeats and tingling left arms.

Guest Staravenger

Anyone give me an idea how Loiaza pitched last night? Thanks to ESPN jerking me over for the millionth time in a span of 48 hours it seems, I had to watch the Devil Rays beat the Red Sox (:D).

Someone must have replaced the reds gatorade with pimp juice, as they were smacking up those San Fransico bitches all game long.

I could've sworn it was a ONE RUN Game. Hardly a severe shit kicking. But our bullpen just refused to keep that game close.

And what happened to Griffey?

The LA Dodgers have won three straight since trading their heart and soul.

And the Marlins haven't won.

On top of that, they've dropped two to the DIAMONDBACKS.

I think we could round up a team in the sports folder and beat the Diamondbacks.

Anyone give me an idea how Loiaza pitched last night? Thanks to ESPN jerking me over for the millionth time in a span of 48 hours it seems, I had to watch the Devil Rays beat the Red Sox (:D).

Pretty much how he's pitched all season long. Five earned runs, not that many strike outs. He's lucky he's got the Yankees offense behind now to back up his mediocre outings.

And it doesn't hurt that the Dodgers have gotten to face the Pirates, but I think we've seen the end of the Marlins in 2004.

The Angels are just pounding the Twins right now...and it is absolutely horrifying to imagine this lineup with everybody healthy (Molina, Glaus).

Meanwhile, we're in the first and Victor Zambrano has yet to walk or bean a batter so far. Of course, we're in the top of the first.

Despite that, I think it's still safe to say that NUKE HAS BEEN CURED~!

Guest Staravenger

Bobby Crosby with a nice throw to save the A's from giving up another run, but I think right now they need to start getting something together to get some runs on the board.

Guest Staravenger

Zambrano fucking up already BADLY while.....a GnR song played in the background. Didn't get a good chance to hear it, but sounded like Welcome to the Jungle.

It doesn't help that Zito/Mulder are lefties, and the bulk of the Yankees lineup is right-handed.

Or that Zito is an absolute shell of the pitcher that he once was.

Oh, and the walk count for Zambrano is sitting at two for one inning of work. Where have you gone, Rick Petersen?!

Zambrano getting lit up by the Brewers, what a great debut, almost as good as Benson's. My God, I just finally realized the Mets gave up their entire farm system for these guys. It didn't hit me until I saw this guy pitch, what a wuss. Just throw a strike!