TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

Sequels or Games Never Made...

OK, due a dream that I had last night, I had the idea to do this topic.

What game sequels or games in upon themselves would you like to see made?

Two I have (one from a dream, one from a discussion on mIRC) are:

Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

and, on a similar lines

Nintendo vs. Capcom

I'd like to see what you guys have in mind.

I was pretty bummed when they stopped making the Police Quest/Hero's Quest/ King's Quest/ Space Quest games... I loved those. Screw graphics, just give me a good game to play. Everything has to be 3-D WITH HYPER RENDERED RAG DOLL PHYSICS!!!1!!OMG!1! Fuck all that.

Guest Kageho

I'd like someone to create an old school RPG that had 2D graphics. Just get a well known anime artist to do the character models, and you could have a really spiffy 2D RPG. Besides, with a 2D RPG you could probably increase the actual game content in the game, and therefore (going on theory here), give us a better game as a whole.

Guest Kageho

I think he means a legitimate sequel.

Just like how Lufia deserves a legitimate sequel. Not dungeon crawling bunches of crap.

*Lufia Fan*

System Shock 3. (Though, because EA owns the license, I'd rather not see a sequel, which true to EA fashion, would be halfass, and developed for the PS2. -_-)

Black Isle's version of Fallout 3, which will never see the light of day, now.

I was pretty bummed when they stopped making the Police Quest/Hero's Quest/ King's Quest/ Space Quest games... I loved those. Screw graphics, just give me a good game to play. Everything has to be 3-D WITH HYPER RENDERED RAG DOLL PHYSICS!!!1!!OMG!1! Fuck all that.

All of those got pretty ghey by the end except Hero Quest (Quest for Glory) and Leisure Suit Larry...

King's Quest peaked with #6, as #7 (Princeless Bride) was godawful.

Police Quest never really recovered from the transition from the Sonny Bonds games (1-3) to the Darryl Gates entries (4, SWAT, etc.)

Space Quest hit the shitter BIG TIME with #6.

Quest For Glory 5 was REALLY good, partially because the original creative team remained involved with it and it tied together story points from the first four games. It was hella-fun too.

Leisure Suit Larry- Love For Sail held up REALLY well compared to the previous games in the series. It's best compared with #6, Shape Up Or Slip Out, which was a return to traditional Larry after the weird spy-related nonsense in #5 which was funny but not really in the Larry tradition.

Guest CronoT

I'm waiting for Rare to get off their collective asses, and finally release Perfect Dark Zero. Also, since it's going to be on the X-Box, it damn well better have X-Box Live play.

Chrono Cross absolutely sucked as a "sequel" to Chrono Trigger. When is Square-Enix going to release Chrono Break? All I can say about that one, is that it better not suck as bad as Chrono Cross did. I only paid $20 for CC, and I still feel like I got gyped.

Guest Kageho

If I remember correctly, Square-Enix let the trademark run out on the North American side of the world, and the trademark is only held within Japan. I don't think Chrono Break will be made anytime soon, since they let the trademark drop over here. Unless they pick it up once again.

Guest Smues

Leisure Suit Larry 8, as made my Al Lowe and not the guys doing it now. Al said originally he had been working on Larry 8: Lust in Space or something like that but then the company cancelled the project and fired him. Magna Cum Laude will suck without Al.

If I remember correctly, Square-Enix let the trademark run out on the North American side of the world, and the trademark is only held within Japan. I don't think Chrono Break will be made anytime soon, since they let the trademark drop over here. Unless they pick it up once again.

...or call it something else.

Are they actually even making that game, or was it a "just in case" copyright?

Wouldn't hurt to change the title, because a) probably no C(h)rono in it b) people who didn't like Cross may be a little reluctant to try it for that reason c) the actual sequel to Chrono Trigger, a text-based game called Radical Dreamers, didn't need the "Chrono" either.

...or they just could renew it. Either/or. :P

Sega could make another Oasis game, or Crystalis could get a sequel. I'm surprised Sony hasn't personally tried to get one of them or another company of talented persons to work on such a project, since it would give the PS2 a huge edge to have a good Zelda-style game of its own.

Shame about the new Ultimate Muscle game being so weak--now even more so I want a new Slam Masters game. I guess wrestling isn't so hot these days, though.

Guest Fook

I'm still waiting for Starcraft 2. I know we got Brood Wars, but it's just not enough.

Guest stoor

A new Mutant League sports game. Although I think it would be really toned down today.

I'd like to see THQ (they're the ones who made Def Jam Vendetta and the WWF 64 games, no?) make a wrestling game with absolutely no liscences to anything.

Just make up about 20-25 wrestlers, put in a HUGE Create-A-Wrestler Mode, and sell the game on that - wrestle as anyone you can possibly imagine.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Space Quest hit the shitter BIG TIME with #6.

Space Quest 6 is terrible. 4 However is one of the greatest adventure games ever.

Guest Crazy Dan

I am a huge Resident Evil fan, well except for Outbreak, which didn't do it for me. But I have enjoyed all them from Zero - RE I, REII (my favorite), REIII Nemesis, and Resident Evil; Code Veranca.

Well with Resident Evil 4 comming out, which looks awesome by the way, (on Game Spot they have the GE3 trailer, and the game looks creepy in a good way and you have better gun control system) but this is supposed to take place 6 years since Umbrella was destroyed. I would like for there to be a game which goes over how Umbrella was brought down and who was involved, because this can leave a man to ponder every now and then. But I am stoked to play the new one, the reason I still own a Game Cube... how is that for dedication and damn you Capcom for making the story line games GameCube exclusive.