TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

Randy orton is fucked.

Guest Goodear
I think Gunn is technically sound and could teach Orton quite a few things.  

What, like how to almost kill Chris Benoit?

Blah, blah, blah... two near accidents with no actual injuries taking place in ten years seems like a pretty good record to me.  It's not like Benoit can make the same claims.

What, like how to almost kill Chris Benoit?

Blah, blah, blah... two near accidents with no actual injuries taking place in ten years seems like a pretty good record to me.  It's not like Benoit can make the same claims.

what happened?

Guest Goodear

Benoit was involved in an injury to Sabu's neck in ECW where Chris grabbed him in a single leg and tossed him strait into the air and Sabu failed to tuck his head on the landing.  Basically, it served as the whole spark for the "Crippler" character.

Actually, thing about Billy Gunn isn't that he's horrible in the ring. He's okay.  And he's pretty quick for a big guy.

Here's the thing.  He's okay, but not great.  And sometimes it seems as though Vince McMahon is pushing him in a manner as though he's trying to pass him off as great, when he's not. He's decent.  Good enough to stay employed a long time, good enough to make some adequate tag teams (and tag team champions).  

He's just not going to be a great singles guy.  

Actually, this was the beef I had with WCW and DDP for many years.  DDP was a good midcarder.  I just didn't think he was good enough or deserving enough to be "the man" in a fed that had Sting, Flair, Goldberg, Jericho, etc.  And yet he was the superface above all those.  

And besides, Randy Orton has a similar build to Billy Gunn and if you want to be a mobile big guy, you gotta watch tape of mobile big guys.  I'm sure he'd like to watch tapes of Sean O'Haire and Mark Jindrak, but when are they ever on TV?  There's an assload (pun intended) of televised Billy Gunn matches on tape to watch.  You go with what you got.

And besides, he said Lance Storm too.  Storm is a much bigger positive than any negative Billy Gunn supposedly brings.

And Bob Orton was Roddy Piper's cornerman at Wrestlemania 2 as well as Wrestlemania 1.

Guest alfdogg
Randy Orton's Grandfather was Bob Orton Sr. and His dad used to hang with Piper back in the "Old" Days if the 1980's back when Hogan was champion ,McMahon was crushing his competiton and there was a Friday The 13th movie in theaters. HEY WAIT A MINUTE!!! THAT'S NOW!!! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!

McMahon has competition?

Guest saturnmark4life

It's funny, a lot of people who work in the wwf think billy gunn deserves more of a push. Wrestlers are silly.

Guest Anglesault

Well, Bob Holly said that and no one cares about what Bob Holly has to say.

He was just sticking up for Gunn because thetve been in the WWF for so long now.

And besides, Randy Orton has a similar build to Billy Gunn and if you want to be a mobile big guy, you gotta watch tape of mobile big guys.  I'm sure he'd like to watch tapes of Sean O'Haire and Mark Jindrak, but when are they ever on TV?  There's an assload (pun intended) of televised Billy Gunn matches on tape to watch.  You go with what you got.

When the wrestlers watch tapes, do they get the production people to make them a comp?

What near accidents has Benoit had? And the Sabu thing was Sabus fault.

Guest Goodear

Sabu's injury was a direct result of being chucked strait into the air by Benoit.  While I'm not saying Benoit is to blame for the injury, he certainly was in the ring when it happened and, ergo, gets his name attached it.

Guest Your Olympic Hero

Bob Orton Jr., Randy's dad, had a "broken arm" for a quite long period of time... causing him to wear a cast and crack people over the head with it during matches. OLD SCHOOL HEEL baby!

Guest evenflowDDT

Hmmm.... Bob Holly and Billy Gunn are a lot alike; they've been in the WWF for a long time, have had no major accomplishments (well, Billy Gunn WAS IC champ and King of the Ring; then again, so was Mabel), and aren't really over with anyone.  Billy Gunn has been kinda over with various characters (like the current Chuck & Billy that is quickly becoming one of my favorite stupid/dorky angles).  Anyway, it still seems a little odd that Orton is watching Gunn, but at least he'll gain the kinship of Bob Holly and the ability to stay a long long time!

Guest Caliban

Bob Holly had little charisma, but good storylines for the most part, and limiting him to hardcore matches was a good idea. But since his injury they haven't done jack-shit with him. He's being misused, just like Billy Gunn.

He just couldn't suceed in the roles he was placed in, but he has always been a solid tag team wrestler.

Guest Will Scarlet

I totally agree about Gunn being misused most of the time.  He always came off as very average to me, nothing very special, but the WWF has always had this insane thought that he is the next big thing and pushes him, usually at the expense of others who would be better suited for the role.  Though, I like how Gunn is being used now.  He seems just fine in tag teams, and, as the occasional singles jobber to put over a guy.  Hopefully, he will stay with Chuck for awhile.

Guest Singular
"Orton is also widely credited as being to inventer of the superplex, but we all know how accurrate those honors usually are."

You sure it wasn't Nova???

Guest alfdogg
Bob Holly was over before he broke his arm.

Which they could have used to elevate him when he came back.  Kurt broke his arm with his moonsault, and around the time Holly came back was just after Kurt won the WWF title for the first time. I'm not saying he should have feuded for the title, but I think he should have feuded with Angle eventually.

::hides from Anglesault::

And no, not because he is already outperforming Hunter. He is studying Billy Gunn tapes to pick up technique.

from the WWF.com Orton interview

"If I had to pick out guys I watch for technique," Orton said, "it'd be Rock, Billy Gunn, Lance Storm and a couple of others."

That's a joke, right?

billy Gunn people.