TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

Randy orton is fucked.

Guest Anglesault

And no, not because he is already outperforming Hunter. He is studying Billy Gunn tapes to pick up technique.

from the WWF.com Orton interview

"If I had to pick out guys I watch for technique," Orton said, "it'd be Rock, Billy Gunn, Lance Storm and a couple of others."

That's a joke, right?

Guest Mark4steamboat

good god man. i liked orton, he shows an extreme amount of potential...but BILLY GUNN?!?!?!?!?!

Guest Choken One

I'd understand it if he was refering to a Athletic standpoint..because Billy Gunn can teach a few things in developing your bodies without 'Roids and perhaps exprience is another reasoning.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

that boy should be watching tapes of his father and grandfather

Guest Frankie Williams

Hey...you'd wanna study Billy Gunn videos too. After all he is....The One. Besides, maybe Randy wants to be The Honky Tonk Mans new student.

Guest Goodear

Sure, you might look at it as being a dumb assed thing to say.  But on the other hand, Billy Gunn has been gainfully employed for the WWF for something like ten years.  Obviously, there's something about him that they like and want to have around.  Why not try to emulate Billy if your chief goal is to keep your job with Vince?  Makes perfect sense to me.

Guest Human Fly

At least he said he's not trying to emulate Ray Traylor, Kevin Nash, and Moondog Rex.

Oh, now you need tapes to study Billy Gunn?  I'm sure its real difficult to memorize:

1.)Stick needle in bottle.

2.)Pull back hammer on needle.  

3.)Stick needle in ass.

4.)Swell up like Billy Gunn.

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

What are you morons talking about!??! According to Jim Ross(who is an angel that never lies) Billy Gunn is the best pure athlete in the WWF today and probably ever!!!!!!!!!!! Dumbasses!

*this post was brought to you by sarcasm*

Guest Will Scarlet

I think it is a smart move to study tapes of Billy Gunn.  What better way to learn how to get pushed despite having no talent to speak of than to study Billy Gunn?  Maybe he is trying to learn Billy Gunn's secret to success.

Guest Ravenbomb

Since they put Billy Gunn with talented ppl a lot, he was probably watching the Billy Gunn tapes to see what the other guy was doing

that boy should be watching tapes of his father and grandfather

Maybe he thinks his dad sucked. I sure did. That Billy Gunn thing is probably just going to lead to him becoming Ricos asistant. Jim Ross wants a gay wrestler with potential in the WWF.

Guest evenflowDDT

At the risk of sounding uninformed (as I usually am on these matters), who are Randy Orton's father and grandfather? Would they even have tapes from when they were wrestling (if they were wrestlers)? And what's so bad about Billy Gunn.  Granted, he's not a good worker by a long shot, but he's decent and has been employed by the WWF for a long time so he must be doing something right.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Randy Orton's father was Bob Orton and I can't recall what his grandfather's first name was. Bob was a OLD SCHOOL~! heel, played the role VERY well, i believe his career was mostly 60's-80's though i could be wrong. So yes there would be tapes.

Billy Gunn is mocked because most of his moves awhere used by other wrestlers (stinger splash, fameASSer, jackhammer), because he's had some shitty gimmicks, and becuase he's had some HUGE pushes that have failed miserably.

Guest RicFlairGlory
And no, not because he is already outperforming Hunter. He is studying Billy Gunn tapes to pick up technique.

from the WWF.com Orton interview

"If I had to pick out guys I watch for technique," Orton said, "it'd be Rock, Billy Gunn, Lance Storm and a couple of others."

That's a joke, right?

god you guys really read into wwf.com shit?  

god, you READ that shit period? man thats just BAD

Its nice to see new people on t.v.

I think Orton is going to be the next big push for the female audience. The segment with Stacey had a rather high pitched crowd reaction.

My girlfriend and her friend both said that he was "hot"

Guest TheHulkster

Maybe he's just soaking in the good things about Mr Ass. He has some nice punches and he can bump pretty well. That's one thing that bothered me about Foley's book, he goes out of his way to trash his coworkers to look cool to the smarks. It's one thing for people that watch these wrestlers on tv and talk about wrestling on the net to trash them for their work that we just judge by seeing it on tv. It's another thing to trash a guy that works in the same profession and the same company that you work in to impress some people that you don't even know. Im getting off on a tangent here, but my point is.....ah, who gives a shit.

Well, here's a thought, maybe he was TOLD to say Billy Gunn as an influence. It is an ad site, after all, and Billy's getting another push at the mo...

Guest Mystery Eskimo

Maybe he wants to be fucked *by* Billy Gunn. We could have a whole gay mafia angle.

Maybe he wants to be fucked *by* Billy Gunn. We could have a whole gay mafia angle.

There's a whole WORLD of mental images I didn't need to have. :P

Guest buffybeast

Ok, I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here.  billy Gunn is not that bad.  He is very athletic and is a good wrestler.

There I said it.

I think Gunn is technically sound and could teach Orton quite a few things.   Besides, Gunn and Orton are built similarly so I can see why Orton would watch Gunn's tapes.

Randy Orton's Grandfather was Bob Orton Sr. and His dad used to hang with Piper back in the "Old" Days if the 1980's back when Hogan was champion ,McMahon was crushing his competiton and there was a Friday The 13th movie in theaters. HEY WAIT A MINUTE!!! THAT'S NOW!!! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!

Guest Goodear

"Cowboy" Bob Orton is probably best known as the second for the Roddy Piper & Paul Orndorff team at Wrestlemania I.  Orton was the individual who knocked Orndorff into next week when he came off the top rope and mistakenly hit him with his loaded cast.  Orton is also widely credited as being to inventer of the superplex, but we all know how accurrate those honors usually are.

All I know about Bob Sr. was that he was the father of Bob Jr.  Sorry, I couldn't be more usefull.

Guest Mystery Eskimo
I think Gunn is technically sound and could teach Orton quite a few things.  

What, like how to almost kill Chris Benoit?

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

"What, like how to almost kill Chris Benoit"

You can't kill Benoit. He walks around like God Mode on Doom with his eyes glowing cutting a path of destruction through anything that looks at him funny.

Guest Mystery Eskimo

Sadly, I think his upcoming job to Bradshaw may disprove that theory.

Guest Caliban

Billy Gunn sucks, but that's only because he blows up after 3 minutes in the ring. You know, if he could only last more than 15 minutes in a match without becoming the cumbersone and blown up fool that we know as Billy Gunn, then he wouldn't be too bad.