TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

TSM Game Chatter Thread

Glavine got his 2 front teeth knocked out in the accident.  Ouch!

Next thing you know he'll fall off of Shea Stadium as Gary Thorne yells "Will somebody stop the damn game!"

:)

I'm upset that this post got completely ignored.

Sweeney on demoting Angel Berroa to Double A:

"We've got 39 wins,” first baseman Mike Sweeney said. “We need a solution to our problems and sending Angel to Double-A is not the solution. He's a cure.”

Berroa will be in Wichita and the Royals new starting shortstop is Andres Blanco. Blanco can't hit worth a damn, zero career minor league home runs, and his fielding is better. So basically Baird flushed a few million on resigning Berroa to a multi-year deal. Berroa will end up in the outfield or the bench.

Now, let's look at why Berroa was sent to AA.

Lack of motivation? Well, I thought Pena was supposed to do that. ;)

Development? He's only a young 26..

Then again, Sweeney also kept a picture up of Curtis Leskanic after Curtis was released. Curt put up a nice 8+ ERA in KC too.

Bleh..

Reports are the Royals wanted Berroa to work on his defense, and Frank White is a coach at AA. Considering the Royals' woes this year, they should probably call up Frank White to the Majors to work with Berroa instead, and insert him in the lineup while they're at it.

And (more) bad news for the Mariners. Eddie Guardado is done for the season, and Rafael Soriano needs Tommy John surgery, which will likely make him unavailable for most of next season as well.

Mike Piazza has been put on the 15 day DL. He should just sit out the rest of the year, and make sure he is healthy going into next season. Mets recall Danny Garcia.

Griffey done for the year with a completely torn right hamstring. The reds medical staff must be complete morons. After taking an MRI how could you not notice a completely torn hamstring. They said it was only a minor strain.

No chance of a trade now. No one would take him, not even if the reds took on 3/4 of his salary. Plus after this year he is a 10/5 guy and he likes his teammates, and wants to stay in Cincy. We are stuck in limbo.

I went to the same high school as Griffey, played on the same baseball team, and was coached by many of the same coaches. I have idolized Griffey for as long as I can remember, this just absolutly kills me.

Just to illustrate how horrible the Marlins' offense is (as if losing last night by only giving up two hits), they look to be en route to losing another one-run game, as Pavano has been brilliant through eight. As usual, he had some problems in the first, and that, along with him being due up third in the eighth, will probably keep him from going the full nine. It's a shame that he's only given up one run to the potent Cards and will probably get the "L".

A.J. Pierzynski's such a retard. After the Giants score two in the ninth to tie things up, the Pirates get a man on; Ty Wigginton has a full count on him and the runner goes, except it's called ball four. Apparently under the assumption that you can still throw out a runner at second after the batter walks, A.J. throws the ball down to second, which promptly goes into centerfield, allowing the runner to move to third. Thankfully for the Giants, they managed to get out of it all without giving up the run, so they head to extra frames. But I'm telling you, take out Bonds and Schmidt and this team sucks. Unless they play the Cubs.

Just to illustrate how horrible the Marlins' offense is (as if losing last night by only giving up two hits), they look to be en route to losing another one-run game, as Pavano has been brilliant through eight. As usual, he had some problems in the first, and that, along with him being due up third in the eighth, will probably keep him from going the full nine. It's a shame that he's only given up one run to the potent Cards and will probably get the "L".

The Marlins only hit when they play the Mets and the Phillies.

Are there any good pitchers on the Phillies team? Healthy ones that is.

Randy Wolf, Eric Milton. Sometimes Brett Myers on a good day. He's young, so he'll have his struggles, but he has great potential. Vicente Padilla pitched well yesterday as well, but I'm waiting before declaring him 100% healthy.

Randy Wolf has an excellent night tonight, hitting two home runs.

Good news for Phillies fans. Paul Abbott has been designated for assignment.

Don't worry - he'll no-hit somebody in Triple A and be back just in time for September callups.

And Brett Myers has actually pitched very well in the last month: 3.16 ERA, 1.12 WHIP, 24 K in 31.1 innings.

Don't worry - he'll no-hit somebody in Triple A and be back just in time for September callups.

The Red Barons actually had a 7 inning no hitter earlier in the year by Bob Ellis. I've got to try and make it to Scranton to see Gavin Floyd.

You just got that feeling that it was going down after they intentionally walked Vlad. In hindsight, it probably would've been a better option to just go right after Vlad. Had Javy come through in the 8th, they may have had a shot, since they didn't go down easy in the 9th.

Ryan's been unhittable for lefties so i can't fault Mazzilli for walking Vlad. The problem was Ryan was forced to walk Vlad himself. It seems a lot of times it's hard for a pitcher to get his control back, and he got behind on Anderson and was forced to throw a strike.

In other news. I hate the Twins. No team can look like the best in baseball one week, and the next look like crap.

I'm heading up to Montreal tommorow to see the Expos Vs Astros series. I got the hotel in March thinking A. The Astros would be in 1st place and B. I'd see Clemens, Oswalt and Petitte or at least two of the three. Alas the Astros are practically out of it and I'm only seeing Clemens. Well at least tommorow night I get to see Clemens against some Triple A pitcher (Literally, the guy just got recalled from the Expos AAA club) which is a mismatch if I ever saw one. Then on Sunday, I'm seeing Livian Hernandez. Nothing says baseball more then watching a subpar Astros facing a AAA quality Expos inside a huge indoor dome with 6000 French-Canadians blowing those god damn horns!

A.J. Pierzynski's such a retard. After the Giants score two in the ninth to tie things up, the Pirates get a man on; Ty Wigginton has a full count on him and the runner goes, except it's called ball four. Apparently under the assumption that you can still throw out a runner at second after the batter walks, A.J. throws the ball down to second, which promptly goes into centerfield, allowing the runner to move to third. Thankfully for the Giants, they managed to get out of it all without giving up the run, so they head to extra frames. But I'm telling you, take out Bonds and Schmidt and this team sucks. Unless they play the Cubs.

To be fair, the called ball four sounded like strike 3, and the pitch was close AND Wiggington crossed his path while attempting the throw AND Ray Durham should've dove for that ball or put his body in front of it instead of letting it pass his glove like that.

And the Giants bullpen and crappy defense strikes again, as Craig Wilson ends an 0 for 5 day by hitting a walk-off homer on our new and improved closer, Dustin Hermanson. That along with Felipe Alou's absolute refusal to get Marquis Grissom out of the line-up despite not having a productive game in about two months is costing us the season.

This team is innovating the art of the Double Play, and I don't mean turning them either. They ground into them, hit&run into them, fly out, line out, foul out and strike out into them. While it makes for an entertaining drinking game, it doens't bode well for my hopes of a play-off spot.

First inning, the Cubs have runners at the corners with one out and Sosa up. Logic dictates that he gets at least one guy in with a sac fly at the very least. He strikes out on three pitches, the third being nowhere near the strikezone. Ramirez, the next guy up, gets a quick base hit to plate the run. So why is Sammy still batting in the cleanup spot? Oh yeah, because he's a "sensitive warrior".

To hell with feelings; when you're the cleanup hitter and can't even get a guy in from third with less than two outs, you probably should be batting elsewhere. This is just one incident, yes, but this isn't anything new and the fans aren't going to put up with it much longer. The boos are getting too hard to ignore.

The Mets sport a AAA lineup (at best) today and beat the Astros 2-1. Zambrano went 7, giving up 0 ER (1 run as result of error) and 2 hits. He is 2-0 as a Met. And seeing the Astros this week, they look like a team that has given up. With all that talent and they are under .500. Brad Lidge is the real deal however.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Colon decided to turn the clock back and pitch like he did before the All-Star break today.