TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

"Old School" Sportscenter...

Guest Smues

well if Craig would start calling the action and stop with the "No catch phrases, Dan" crap this might be better.

I never watch SportsCenter anymore but I may have to tune into the Steiner one. If for anything they'll definently show the clip of him breaking down laughing after showing the highlight of Carl Lewis screwing up the national anthem.

Craiggers was definitely rusty at first but seems to be getting into it now. His late night show may suck ass but he was OUTSTANDING at SportsCenter. I don't mind catchphrases if you're good at it and Craig was great.

I think Olberman was the worst of the old-school crew. I like Craig K the best, but I didn't see his retro return tonight.....

RAY~! > John Madden. This is the year the so-called "jinx" ends.

I think Kilborn has done a decent job so far. He seemed a little overwhelmed at first, but now he's got his feet under him and is doing fine. The rust was apparent for a while, though.

Guest Smark-Raving Mad

Did Kilborn find a way to work Pooh Richardson into his routine?

I think Olberman was the worst of the old-school crew. I like Craig K the best, but I didn't see his retro return tonight..... 

Keith Olbermann and Dan Patrick were the best team on Sportscenter ever...period. The chemistry between them was incredible and they had the personality and sports knowledge to match. The reason why Olbermann wasn't asked back is because he is/was a complete nightmare to work with or for. This is why he is constantly moving around which is a shame because he is an incredible talent.

What's the schedule for the rest of the Old School Week look like?

Oh, why is Chris Berman considered old school when he'll still do SportsCenter on occassion?

I never watch SportsCenter anymore but I may have to tune into the Steiner one. If for anything they'll definently show the clip of him breaking down laughing after showing the highlight of Carl Lewis screwing up the national anthem.

They have too show Steiner hiding from Evander Holyfield. Best Sportscenter commerical ever.

Guest Wildbomb 4:20

So true. So very true.

I must say that Kilborn, once he opened up with the catch phrases, just got back into the groove. The Sox-Tigers highlight was difficult to watch, but beyond that, flashes of brilliance.

Steiner will be hilarious. BRING HIM BACK!

Olbermann...Patrick...six o'clock....hilarious.

Oh, and Berman is considered old school because he typically will only do a couple Baseball Tonights and runs the NFL side of things. He might do SportsCenter a week per year. He's not on often to be considered a regular.

--Ryan

What's Steiner doing nowadays?

And speaking of old school -- I always used to watch the Sports Reporters back in the day. I miss that fat guy from Philly. Can't remember the first name but the last name was Lyons, or something like that. I watched a few SR's recently and they're nothing like the old-school ones, even though Lupica and Ryan are still on it.

Oh, and I have to say it.

I never saw Chris Berman as a SportsCenter anchor ever ... ever...

When the team of Keith/Dan ended, it seemed like Sportscenter died a little for me.

Steiner was awesome just because he always had a deadpan look and when he got to laughing, he literally broke down. It was great.

The anchors they have on Sportscenter now are just no fun. Some of them really seem bitter, like sports is the last thing they wanted to cover.

They have too show Steiner hiding from Evander Holyfield. Best Sportscenter commerical ever.

Come on Steiner! Come out and get your whuppin'.

The "Melrose Place" parody with Charley was also a highlight of the old-school ESPN promos. I'll cross my fingers in hopes that they air it tonight.

I thought Kilborn was pretty good when I watched it last night. I missed the first 10 minutes or so which from what I heard is what people didn't like of the show. He was always my favorite guy on there. I'll try and check out the rest of them.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Anyone notice the steriods in baseball comment that Kilborn made? Didn't seem like it went over well.