TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

"Old School" Sportscenter...

Who is on tonight?

And I read in USA Today that Gayle hasn't been on TV in 8 years or so. She severed her lower lip in a taxi accident and tore her rotator cuff in a fall. I am not sure if they mentioned that on TV or not.

I don't think Grande will fit in with the current catch phrase type of format.

A funny thing about Grande is during Reds telecasts, which are broadcast over Fox Sports Net, he will have to do advertisements for the upcoming Best Damn Sports Show Period. Whats funny is he will not ever say Damn, I guess he thinks its a bad word, instead saying Best Sports Show Period. And I know it is not just the network telling him not to say damn, as his replacement when he does the Hall of Fame ceremony says damn.

What kind of pussy will not say damn. Christ on a cracker.

I actually didn't like the old school Sportscenters too well at all. It seemed like they spent too much time focusing on the anchors and ignoring the highlights. When Dan Patrick tried asking Craig the five questions, it just came off really forced.

The other one I saw was the George Grande one, and there, they were trying to make it a big sentimental event, ignoring the highlights, and doing a bad job with them when they did come up.

I also agree that if they wanted to make this work, they had to bring back Olbermann. As far as I'm concerned, Dan Patrick and Keith Olbermann are Sportscenter. They worked together forever, and they had perfect chemistry that seems totally unmatched on the thrown together pairings of today.

I thought they should've had the Dream Job winner paired up with George Grande. Do I think that highly of the Dream Job guy? No, but I thought it would be cool to see the evolution of the show from the first ever anchor to the newest guy, sharing the same set.

Having said that, I thought they did a really cool thing by having a highlight package of Tom Mees, introduced by Berman and Grande, with narration by Bob Ley.

The Charley Steiner-Bob Ley show was the winner for me this week, but on the whole, the Old School Week concept was 100x better than the "Music in Sports" lame-ass gimmick they had at the beginning of the month.

Garagiola kinda got treated poorly by Schaap. I think chewing tobacco should be banned from baseball moreso than Pete Rose. Pete Rose may have bet on baseball but I bet he never fucked up anybody's jaw like that. GAH!

*Ray Fosse is unavailable for comment.*

The Fosse/Rose collision is one of the most overblown sports legends in history. The collision occured on July 14th. On July 16th, MLB play resumed, and Fosse was behind the plate for the Indians. He did not miss a game until July 25th, the day after playing both ends of a doubleheader. Moreover, Fosse hit 309/370/412 in August, before missing September. He remained a valuable player until after the 1973 season. If the Rose collision cause serious damage to Fosse, I don't see it.