TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JN News

Can the NWA President do anything about

You know, I've been wondering this for a while, now. Since the President of the NWA is the one man that basically calls all the shots within the organization, can't he do something about Jarrett's politics, like maybe, strip him of his political power? I'm just wondering that. Who in the NWA can bring Triple J back down to Earth?

Guest Dynamite Kido

Nope. From what I have heard, TNA made a deal when they started with the NWA to have total control over how the NWA Title would be booked for I think was five years(this may be wrong, but I know it was a number of years anyway....), so basically they can do what they want with the title. As far as anything else goes........they have nothing to hold Jarrett to, so I doubt it if they could do anything at all.

Guest whitemilesdavis

A) NO. It's all a work.

B) Why would NWA pull support from TNA? TNA would do just as well without the NWA name, but wthout TNA, NWA has nothing.

Guest Dynamite Kido
A) NO. It's all a work.

B) Why would NWA pull support from TNA? TNA would do just as well without the NWA name, but wthout TNA, NWA has nothing.

They would surely take the title away from them.....then JJ would cry and the world would end.

Guest whitemilesdavis

But TNA is the only national outlet NWA has. Without TNA, the NWA belt is useless. Remember when NWA and WCW split?

Guest Dynamite Kido
But TNA is the only national outlet NWA has. Without TNA, the NWA belt is useless. Remember when NWA and WCW split?

I understand that TNA is the only national outlet. Also keep in mind a couple of things. Yes, I do remember the split of the WCW and NWA. I also realize that WCW is out of business and the NWA still survives. Also, if TNA thought that the NWA belt was totally useless......they would have scrapped it already. They need that title for prestige, and it holds more weight overseas as well. There is only one title that is recognized as a true world title, and as untrue as that may be......it's the NWA title.

Guest whitemilesdavis
I also realize that WCW is out of business and the NWA still survives.

Kind of. Though the two are unrelated. (I.E. staying affiliated with NWA would not have saved WCW) This is not the NWA that it was pre WCW. Had NWA been a large centralized company, like WCW or WWF, they would have been out of business when WCW dropped them. Being a loose group of affiliates gives them the ability to tack thier initials on an indy show and say NWA is still in business. Now, while having a history to their belt helped TNA start-off, they wouldn't miss it at all if they dropped it right now, and NWA would go back to where it was before TNA, a tranquil comatose state. I think TNA sees NWA as a training ground for their workers, which is a good idea, but those indy workers are usually not bound to a contract so they would work for TNA anyway.

Guest Dynamite Kido
I also realize that WCW is out of business and the NWA still survives.

Kind of. Though the two are unrelated. (I.E. staying affiliated with NWA would not have saved WCW) This is not the NWA that it was pre WCW. Had NWA been a large centralized company, like WCW or WWF, they would have been out of business when WCW dropped them. Being a loose group of affiliates gives them the ability to tack thier initials on an indy show and say NWA is still in business. Now, while having a history to their belt helped TNA start-off, they wouldn't miss it at all if they dropped it right now, and NWA would go back to where it was before TNA, a tranquil comatose state. I think TNA sees NWA as a training ground for their workers, which is a good idea, but those indy workers are usually not bound to a contract so they would work for TNA anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it would hurt TNA either if they got rid of the NWA name. But, they wouldn't do it because they ALWAYS will have that lineage of the NWA Title on their side. That is basically the only thing they have that is kind of a "one up on WWE", and they can constantly refer to their title having lineage back to 1905 or something like that. I am not saying it's the most importnant thing in the world, or at all......but TNA seems to like having something like that on their side.

Guest whitemilesdavis

I agree, and I like them having the NWA lineage. However, I think it actually helps the NWA moreso than TNA. Just look at these FL guys for instance. They are getting exposure on IMpact every week. I'm sure this is getting them more indy bookings at a better rate, which is cool for them.

My point initially is that NWA wouldn't want to disturb the apple cart just yet. You think TNA is booked poorly? Take a look at some of the other affiliates. BUSH LEAGUE> most NWA affiliates right now.

Guest Dynamite Kido
I agree, and I like them having the NWA lineage. However, I think it actually helps the NWA moreso than TNA. Just look at these FL guys for instance. They are getting exposure on IMpact every week. I'm sure this is getting them more indy bookings at a better rate, which is cool for them.

My point initially is that NWA wouldn't want to disturb the apple cart just yet. You think TNA is booked poorly? Take a look at some of the other affiliates. BUSH LEAGUE> most NWA affiliates right now.

I would have to agree with you on all points on this one. My main point, is that having the NWA name is probably something that helps them do negotiations with foreign companies. The NWA is still very highly regarded in other parts of the world because of it's lineage........I also think that is a big reason why TNA hasn't given up on the name yet.

Guest whitemilesdavis

Good point, and as I am a huge advocate of TNA having the international presence, it's all good. (Didn't someone have a little dancing MC Hammer Avatar around here?)

TNA should hire me and Mike as consultants. 'Nuff said.

I know for a F-A-C-T that I could write better storylines than what they have going on now.

Guest Paul H.

I read on 411 that they have the titles on lock for ten years and the rights to buy the NWA name after that expires.

They can just sit on the name,belts,buy out the damn thing and lock out all the other indy's that use the name if they truly felt like it.I wouldn't put it past them either.

Guest whitemilesdavis

I doubt they would stop the indies from using the name ever. It's like they can take credit for guys they've had nothing to do with, and then if a guy start getting somewhere, they can move him on to TNA. They just wouldn't have a motive, other than stupidity, to do that.

They just wouldn't have a motive, other than stupidity, to do that.

**mentions something about restricting how wrestlers can work, pushing people the fans don't care for, and the whole RoH situation**

I wouldn't put it past TNA for one second to try to buy the NWA name, and succeed in doing so. Why? So then they could become just like WCW: a piece of shit company with a piece of shit champion that has direct ties to the piece of shit booking team, and the best wrestlers are always hindered because of some piece of shit in the main event with an ego the size of a giant piece of shit, and when the piece of shit contracts are up (which are all that keep a lot of the more talented workers from leaving) the roster decreases in size, talent, and overness.

Man...if you replace all of the mentions of the phrase "piece of shit" with "fuzzy nipples," it's fucking hilarious.

**mentions something about restricting how wrestlers can work, pushing people the fans don't care for, and the whole RoH situation**

I wouldn't put it past TNA for one second to try to buy the NWA name, and succeed in doing so. Why? So then they could become just like WCW: a piece of shit company with a piece of shit champion that has direct ties to the piece of shit booking team, and the best wrestlers are always hindered because of some piece of shit in the main event with an ego the size of a giant piece of shit, and when the piece of shit contracts are up (which are all that keep a lot of the more talented workers from leaving) the roster decreases in size, talent, and overness.

Man...if you replace all of the mentions of the phrase "piece of shit" with "fuzzy nipples," it's fucking hilarious.

:lol:

I wouldn't put it past TNA for one second to try to buy the NWA name, and succeed in doing so. Why? So then they could become just like WCW: a fuzzy nipples company with a fuzzy nipples champion that has direct ties to the fuzzy nipples booking team, and the best wrestlers are always hindered because of some fuzzy nipples in the main event with an ego the size of a giant fuzzy nipples, and when the fuzzy nipples contracts are up (which are all that keep a lot of the more talented workers from leaving) the roster decreases in size, talent, and overness.

Man...if you replace all of the mentions of the phrase "fuzzy nipples" with "fuzzy nipples," it's fucking hilarious.

Yup funny. :P