Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

Best Wrestling Quotes...

On the subject of heel Rocky...

(Backlash 2003)

"I could wipe a cockatoo's ass with what you think!"

*looks off camera*

"Shut up, it's the only animal The Rock could think of!"

Jericho's description of Steiner always amused me - "A jive-talking moron who thinks he's King Arthur!"

And of course, the Nash/Shelley training videos.

"...eerily similar to the last one."

Jannetty wasn't actually in that battle royal, was he? Who was Jericho really referring to?

Man, the ending to that match/angle was SO awesome.

I'm pretty sure it was good ol' Marty, but yes, that angle was very cool

Also, Scott Hudson and Mike Tenay announcing on WCW Worldwide in the dying days of WCW. Two in particular stand out:

*Nash steps over the top rope to go to the outside*

Hudson: And... well, i thought we were about to see an Asai moonsault there from Nash...

*Nash has 'kidnapped' David Flair and is holding him hostage, he's being shown on the big video screen while Ric Flair and his Magnificent Seven are in the ring - Flair is going apeshit*

Tenay: Where is that? Is that a WCW camera crew?

Hudson: It can't be, they're holding the shot steady!

Breadown (September 98 PPV):

*Michael Cole asks a Bradshaw - who just shaved and looks very JBL-ish - about his falls count anywhere match against Vader, notes it will not be pretty*

Bradshaw: Hell no it's not gonna be pretty! I didn't come here to wrestle that fat bastard, I came here to fight. Vader, you're going to find out it's survival of the fittest - not fattest.

From Breakdown, Mankind being interviewed by Kevin Kelly (he asks Mankind what "he is looking for", as Shamrock is looking for blood and The Rock is looking for glory - Rock also made a commented about sugar and testes) in preperation for the Triple Threat cage Match:

"Well Kevin Kelly, I'm looking for an end to world hunger but I don't really expect that to happen during the course of this match, but I'm going to overlook the stupidity of this question because I'm used to stupidity all my life. When I broke Jojo Miller's guns [i think] because I wanted them, in retrosepct that was probably astupid thing. When I saw a grown man urinating on an electric fence, I thought that that was a stupid thing. The president of this country sacrafacing the nation for a girl that even I would have turned down in high school is probably a stupid thing. But of all the stupid things I've seen in my life, nothing rivals the People's Elbow for sheer stupidity, so if you that think Mankind in a PPV match inside a steel cage is going to lay down and sell that abortion, well you're even stupider than I look - and Ken Shamrock as far as you looking out for blood I have news for you. I've trained inside the museum with Spaceman Frank Hickey, and I am ready! Sugar coated testes? Is that a new breakfast cereal?"

Jericho's 1004 holds promo, Jericho at Slamboree, and Jericho's Raw debut can be found here

http://www.theamazingbirdshow.com/

I've got much much more Jericho in WCW if anyone is interested.

Please post more.

The 1004 holds bit is great, though it cut off before Juvi (I think) came to chase Jericho out of the ring and the ref was left holding the list. Jericho then reached back into grab the list yelling "Give me back my holds!"

A business suit-attired Shawn Michaels at the WrestleMania XI press conference, with Sid standing behind him.

He's talking about his upcoming match against Diesel for the WWF World Title.

(At WrestleMania) I will give you a show that you've never seen before.

...Why?

Because I can.

Badass. Pure badass.

* "Only once has so much damage been caused by so few, and to find that source you need to go all the way back to the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse."

* "Adversity introduces a man to himself."

* "From the time I was a boy, I wanted to be a wrestling champion. You probably said " I wanna be a fireman!"

* "Just walk away. Find something else to do. Because the life you save may be your own!"

* "I don't want to toot my own horn but...toot, toot."

* "You don't jump a dog in his own backyard and you don't mess with family."

* "People don't ask how you won, they ask if you won."

* "...For all of you people out there that have ever bought a ticket to see Arn Anderson wrestle, whether ya' love me or you hated me, you know that when that bell rang you got all I had that night."

* "...Don't think you can stick four fingers in MY face and call yourself a Horseman!"

* "I'm not going to be responsible for what hits next. Because, we don't wear white hats. We are not nice guys. And I can tell you this -- heads are going to roll! So, I've said it. Be careful for what you wish for, because now, you have it. .."

* "See, we are the original gang and we're the most vicious in all of professional wrestling history. They send one of yours to the hospital, you send two of theirs to the morgue."

Bringing some Arn Anderson goodness here

actually it is QUASIJUICE SKLUEERRA

and the heenan piper rumble quote wa smore like

"Its a kilt, not a skirt (piper hits flair) why you no good creep, you skirt-wearing freak"

No lovefest for the Enforcer could be complete without this line...

"The only time this much havoc has been wreaked by this few people - you need to go all the way back to the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse."

Ron Simmons last night: "DAMN."

another good time he said that was the 2001 royal rumble, backstage the apa was playing cards when Crash Holly comes up to them and says something like "were friends right? but tonight in the rumble if were in there, I just might have to throw you out. you got it?" (crash leaves) farrooq half laughs "damn"

anytime vito is wrestling JBL is gold "How come when hes out here we get a extereme close up but when Micheele Mccool is out here they switch to the blimp cam?"

"You can't fight STEPHANIE!"

Big Show

This was on RAW in 99, when Test called Steph out to ask her on a date. Austin as CEO had granted each member of the Union a match with anyone of their choosing. I just thought that was funny.

Billy Gunn pulls off his shirt to reveal a referee shirt undernieth-

Road Dogg: You got a job at FOOT LOCKER?

Raw was in Toronto that nite..I remember that promo well