TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

TSM MLB Chatter

Get a load of this one. The Red Sox started Doug Mientkiewicz tonight, at SECOND. I don't know what to think of it. Considering Mientkiewicz's defensive rep at first, why not? I applaud the innovation.

Here's something amusing. Last year on this date, the Cubs had a worse record than they do today.

And Shane Spencer signs a minor league contract with the Yankees.

Yeah, they're statistically a better team than last year. It's just that the Cardinals are so good this season, the Cubs look worse by default.

If the Giants hold on to win tonight (up 5-4 in the 7th), they will take over the wild card lead in the NL. I can't stand the Giants, take Schmidt and Bonds off that team and they win 65 games. They are a 2 man team. Hopefully the Cubs can get their act together and take the wild card spot.

Don't worry; it'll even out. Stranger things have happened, but I can't see the Giants actually holding it all together to get to the postseason. They've just been playing some bad teams and let's not forget they play the Padres quite a few more times.

Well the Mets are in SF this weekend, hopefully they can help the Cubs out. Emphasis on the word hopefully. The Mets have beat the Giants eight straight times, I think SF is due. And the Mets will have to face Schmidt, so it doesn't look that promising.

I understand the Expos have been hot lately and all, but there's no excuse for Kirk Rueter struggling against them the way he did. He never seems to able to make it out of the 5th inning without giving up at least 4 runs. His pitching style has become soooo one dimensional and predictable.

The Pads are gonna take the Wild Card, me thinks in a dogfight with the Cubbies (who I think will get hot in Sept)to the bitter end.

At least we got rid of Felix before it was too late.

Well the Mets are in SF this weekend, hopefully they can help the Cubs out. Emphasis on the word hopefully. The Mets have beat the Giants eight straight times, I think SF is due. And the Mets will have to face Schmidt, so it doesn't look that promising.

That requires the Mets to beat a team with an above .500 record.

They've just been playing some bad teams and let's not forget they play the Padres quite a few more times.

If those games are at San Diego. I like the Giants chances.

If the Giants hold on to win tonight (up 5-4 in the 7th), they will take over the wild card lead in the NL. I can't stand the Giants, take Schmidt and Bonds off that team and they win 65 games. They are a 2 man team. Hopefully the Cubs can get their act together and take the wild card spot.

They're a 65 win team already. Of course, there's still a month and a half left.

Right now the Giants are on pace for 88 wins. Barry Bonds has 37 Win Shares, and Jason Schmidt has 18. Take those guys out, and the Giants indeed become a 63 win team.

Get a load of this one. The Red Sox started Doug Mientkiewicz tonight, at SECOND. I don't know what to think of it. Considering Mientkiewicz's defensive rep at first, why not? I applaud the innovation.

And, on top of that, Orlando Cabrera duffs two ground balls at his natural position. The hilarity never ends.

They've just been playing some bad teams and let's not forget they play the Padres quite a few more times.

If those games are at San Diego. I like the Giants chances.

San Diego already has 9 wins over SF, while the Giants have only won 3. The padres also seem to be the only team able to beat Jason Schmidt.

Well tonight's game puts the Phillies below .500.

The Phillies really make me happy.....the fact that they're only two games ahead of the Mets may mean that the Mets will finish in third...no wonder Bowa's so angry, he's only 2 ahead of the Mets, for god's sake

This Phillies team is really getting tiresome.

We've got Eric Milton, a below-average pitcher with a 12-2 record. He leads the NL in run support. But his teammates will bitch if we dump his ass in the offseason. Kevin Millwood is never going to be worth $11 Million. Billy Wagner is good, but $9 Million is WAY too much to pay for 35 innings of work. Mike Lieberthal has absolutely collapsed. The team is not going anywhere with him as catcher. They have some good pieces (Abreu, Thome, Wolf), but Ed Wade needs to figure out how to get the proper supporting cast without paying out the ass for it.

¡AY, DIOS MIO! Goddamnit, Zambrano gets injured.....and yup, we traded Scott Kazmir for this porcelain shitbag.

Maybe since they're out of contention, they can try out one of their talented pitchers from the minors....

*muffled whisper*

They WHAT?!

Looking at things as they sit, it seems like the Padres are actually the team that deserves to get the WC. The Cubs are just a flop like the Astros and the Phillies this season. No matter how great the starting pitching is, the offense can't regularly get things going. ONE run against the Brewers tonight and of course, it's a homer. Sosa IS Mark McGwire circa 2001. If it's not a homer, he's making an out.

We've got JOSE MACIAS batting second, too. And Nomar's need to make every play a fucking highlight is already costing the Cubs. I'm liking him overall, but I agree with his overrated status as a great shortstop.

Meanwhile, the Cardinals continue to look and play like the team I dream the Cubs could play like. Hard-working, supportive of each other, coming through in the big situations, etc.