TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
1234-5678

Borland back with Limp Bizkit

Borland thought Limp Bizkit was "selling out"...

It's been 3 years since Wes Borland left Limp Bizkit, but he has reunited with his former bandmates, and is working on a new album with them.

Now that Borland is back, his replacement, Mike Smith has left the band.

"We are very content with Mike being gone," Durst told the Limp Bizkit fan site, www.thearmpit.net, in an interview posted Sunday. "We are the type of people that stay true to our family and our instincts and at any moment will act on intuition as a whole. Mike wasn't the guy. We had fun playing with him, but always knew, in the back of our minds, that he wasn't where we needed him to be mentally. On that note, you can assume that the sh-- we are writing now is f---ing powerful and very emotionally laced with reality..."

Credit: MTV.com

Guest KJ Brackish

So now they dumped crack addict for what reason....... they'd better release it and a remix with their new album dammit. I hated having to kazaa that song just to get it.

KJ

Guest Mindless_Aggression

You fool! The lyric is "I'm a crack addict...yeah I'm a crack addict...I'm addicted to cracking skulls SO DON'T START STATIC" It's poetry and you raped it.

God dammit, itt revolutionized the world and you don't even know the damn lyric.

Let's all go download their version of Behind Blue Eyes and listen to music in it's purest form. Yes.

Guest El Satanico

Why would he come back now. Limp Biscuit are currently in a "who cares about them" limbo and in a few years will be on the state fair tour circuit.

You fool! The lyric is "I'm a crack addict...yeah I'm a crack addict...I'm addicted to cracking skulls SO DON'T START STATIC" It's poetry and you raped it.

God dammit, itt revolutionized the world and you don't even know the damn lyric.

Let's all go download their version of Behind Blue Eyes and listen to music in it's purest form. Yes.

I consider Limp Bizkit's "Behind Blue Eyes" to be the exact moment Rock N Roll returned.

Do people still listen to them?

I used to be a big fan and then I got into jam bands a lot so I stopped listening. A few months ago I listened to "Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water" and I can't believe I liked it. By Gawd, it was horrible.

Guest Nanks

Shit, I'm going to have to listen to them again now. Why couldn't he team up with a new band that doesn't have an insufferable tool of a lead singer??

Guest Bitterness the Star

Great. Now they're going to get more airplay due to the fact that they're back together and have at least one talented member involved.

Guest Fire and Knives

How can anybody give a shit about this? Cease and desist, fuckers.

K.

their MUSIC isn't terrible, it's the moron singing that's terrible...anyway I didn't have a problem with Mike on guitars, but I guess it's cool Wes is back with them *shrugs*

On that note, you can assume that the sh-- we are writing now is f---ing powerful and very emotionally laced with reality..."

Waitaminute ... the new "shit" is both powerful AND emotionally laced with reality?!? How could I not want to hear it now???

Such a tool. Such a fucking tool.

They were terrible with Les in the band(although he was the only redeeming value), and they were terrible without him...

Limp Bizkit is one of the most worthless, untalented bands in exsistense...IMO..

Guess I can't agree with too many folks on here, because compared to all the worthless drivel that's been on rock radio since they came out in 97, they certainly aren't the worst thing out there...

So you're telling me I auditioned at Guitarcenter to take Wes's spot, then the auditions turn out to be a scam to steal licks from guitarists, and THEN you tell me he ends up back in the band? What a country!

Call it justice for trying to keep Limp Bizkit afloat.

Guess I can't agree with too many folks on here, because compared to all the worthless drivel that's been on rock radio since they came out in 97, they certainly aren't the worst thing out there...

That's actually not that bad of a point.

Of course it's also the equivalent of asking someone over for dinner, then offering them a choice of dog shit or maggots.

On that note, you can assume that the sh-- we are writing now is f---ing powerful and very emotionally laced with reality..."

Waitaminute ... the new "shit" is both powerful AND emotionally laced with reality?!? How could I not want to hear it now???.

image611139.jpg

That's actually not that bad of a point.

Of course it's also the equivalent of asking someone over for dinner, then offering them a choice of dog shit or maggots.

touche' :lol:

To be fair, the singles I heard with Mike were a lot less listenable, if you can believe that, which makes me wonder how it could have been night and day with that guy--the Snot album had some good guitar work in it.

Guest Mindless_Aggression
To be fair, the singles I heard with Mike were a lot less listenable, if you can believe that, which makes me wonder how it could have been night and day with that guy--the Snot album had some good guitar work in it.

Snot's album did have some good guitar work on it and it did have a Mike, but it wasn't the same Mike. Mike Smith and Mikey Doling are 2 different people, I believe Mike Smith (the guy in Limp Bizkit) was just a live guitarist after one of the previous ones left the fold. Mikey Doling was doing time in Soulfly trying to write decent riffs while Max Cavalera stuck guest appearances all over everything.

So yeah, unless I'm totally wrong (which is VERY possible), Smith never wrote anything on the first Snot album.

Snot's album did have some good guitar work on it and it did have a Mike, but it wasn't the same Mike. Mike Smith and Mikey Doling are 2 different people, I believe Mike Smith (the guy in Limp Bizkit) was just a live guitarist after one of the previous ones left the fold. Mikey Doling was doing time in Soulfly trying to write decent riffs while Max Cavalera stuck guest appearances all over everything.

So yeah, unless I'm totally wrong (which is VERY possible), Smith never wrote anything on the first Snot album.

Maybe that's it, then. I thought I saw a news segment on MTV saying he was a Snot guitarist. Could have been wrong.

Guest Maccam16
Great. Now they're going to get more airplay due to the fact that they're back together and have at least one talented member involved.

Wes Borland is NOT talented...

TAKE IT BACK!

I consider Limp Bizkit's "Behind Blue Eyes" to be the exact moment Rock N Roll returned.

That's an amazing cover.

When I first heard the "Behind Blue Eyes" cover, I didn't think it was that bad...

Until I heard the electronic voice in the b/g spelling out the band name... it rejustified my hate of the band