TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kizzo

I think everyone is in agreement....

I'm cool with Raw's set. I'm fine with SD's theme. I just miss the ramp on Smackdown. Vince Russo explained the whole ramp issue on WCW Live once and I see he's right.

Guest Anglesault
I find it funny that people rip Raw's theme music and ignore SD!s hideous theme music

Come on, you gotta admit it's a dope beat.

I'm pretty sure the proper response to this ends with "izzle"

So what did Russo say then?

He said having the ramp made everyone that walked down it seem more important. He was refering how WCW's set was with the tiny ramp and the big logo. With Raw's ramp, everyone has to look up and it gave the feel like every wrestler that walked down it was special.

With that said, Smackdown doesn't have that feeling when wrestlers come out like Raw does. Remember how the Brood had that entrance? You were in awe when they came down the ramp. Rey has something like that but it's old and it's not the same when he walks down the isle.

Guest JRE

Maybe they should just make a ramp and stage big enough for the cars to ride down them. Hell, it'd probably look good if the cars were just on the side of the stage- they could be in the background of the match. Imagine seeing JBL vs. Eddie with two cars sitting on the stage, wouldn't that be precious?

Anyways, they do need a stage 'cause they really cut the balls of Rey's entrance.

I want to see one of those old ramps that connects directly to the ring apron.

Now that would be interesting....

I didn't know Smackdown's anniversary was coming up this September...hopefully they will change it then.....

I wish they were more creative with T.V. sets...because they are going to be used all the time...and a new one will not debut until 3 years later down the road...

actually the true anniversary is in late august, the show debuted (not counting the special from april 99) the week of/after summerslam 99 (the first showw as shown in clips on this past weeks show)