TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Black Lushus

Bjork

After watching her performance at the Olympics Opening Ceremony and her Reverb performance not to long ago, I am starting to really dig this chicks sounds...yeah she has a goofy accent but damn are her vocals fucking amazing and her songs kind of have a certain moodiness to them that I'm really getting into...do any of you guys care at all for her singing at all and if you do, where's a good place for me to start with her albums?

Homogenic is a great place to start, as it's probably her best overall album. The rest of her albums all have two or three songs worth checking out, but I'd probably start with Post (which has her first breakout hit, "It's Oh So Quiet", along with "Possibly Maybe" and "Hyper-Ballad") and then follow up with Vespertine ("Hidden Place" and "It's Not Up To You" are ones to look out for).

If you're mp3 hunting, go snag "New World", which is a great orchestral piece from Selmasongs. Also, it should also be noted that she's got a Greatest Hits album as well that was compiled from an online survey of fans, which does a serviceable job of snatching songs from her entire career.

I go in and out of Bjork moods. Post is probably the best all around, as it has a weird mix of bombastic dread and Icelandic pixie glam. Never picked up Vespertine, but I do love “Pagan Poetry.” Her new album comes out in a couple of weeks.