TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Game Chatter

The opening game last night between the Dodgers and the Braves was a good one. I can't remember the Dodgers fans being so damn crazy, though. I know they're not the most reasonable fans out there, but they were booing the hell out of Ishi halfway through the first inning.

Given that they traded "the team's heart and soul" and a perennial fan favorite, it's probably a turbulent time in LA.

Having Penny get shelved with an injury mere weeks after the trade doesn't help matters either.

Lloyd McClendon got Julian Tavarez tossed from Game 1 of a double-header today, because of "stuff" on the bill of his cap. Tavarez saluted Lloyd as he headed back to the dugout, before tossing his cap to a guy who looked like MiB.

Jason Isringhausen made things interesting in the ninth, as he let both inherited baserunners score, in addition to one of his own.

Guest Anglesault

Well, this Yankee game sets a new standard for "Suck."

Not only are they playing fairly poorly, but the first night back when I can actually watch the game, they lose power and video?

The fuck?

Guest Anglesault
I've never heard of "fairly poorly" being the new standard for suck.

Fairly poorly + losing video feed=Suck.

121556.jpg

I love you.

Seconded. After the first inning, I though we were in for a slugfest. At least the Cubs kept up their end of the deal. This is the team I've envisioned all season long. Solid pitching and a potent lineup that put up numbers like the Cardinals have.

Unfortunately, I've got the Houston feed. Their announcers really rub me the wrong way. They're so jaded at this point; it's hilarious.

It's 9-2 right now in the ninth, so they've brought Farnsworth in with the bottom of the order due. I think this is the only situation I trust him in. *knocks on wood*

Kind of a weird stat, but in his career, Todd Helton has 3 HRs against the Expos on his birthday (including today).

Who the hell keeps track of that type of stat? Does some random broadcaster go "I wonder how he does on his birthday" and send an intern out look for it?

Kind of a weird stat, but in his career, Todd Helton has 3 HRs against the Expos on his birthday (including today).

Who the hell keeps track of that type of stat? Does some random broadcaster go "I wonder how he does on his birthday" and send an intern out look for it?

I think Barry Bonds holds the record for birthday home runs (July 24) Sportscenter says it every year.

Things are so bad in the Mets organization, John Franco asked Art Howe for his release. (Source: NY Daily News)

Fire Art Howe.

That's amazing news!

Give Art Howe a contract extension!

Guest Staravenger
Things are so bad in the Mets organization, John Franco asked Art Howe for his release. (Source: NY Daily News)

Fire Art Howe.

That's amazing news!

Give Art Howe a contract extension!

Eh. John Franco needs to retire. He's no longer the pitcher he was....7 years ago (and earlier of course) and the Mets should just sign up a young closer instead of keeping Grandpa John.

It's not the fact that Franco asked for his release (partly it is, because the guy has been on some abysmal Mets teams), but the fact that it was denied.

The Jays scored more than 5 runs in a road game tonight for the first time since July 1st. Since they fired Carlos Tosca, they've won 3 games, all of them with Josh Towers pitching, and this guy was sitting in AAA after passing through waivers a few months ago.

And did anyone see Nick Johnson get hit in the head tonight? Ouch.

Another awesome performance by Noah Lowry tonight against the Mets. The 10 ks killed his stamina at the end though. And, hey, the bullpen didn't allow a run to cross the board after Lowry left.

And I concur with Smues, fuck Beltre. Or damn him, whatever. He bailed Gagne out of his 3rd consecutive loss tonight.

Another awesome performance by Noah Lowry tonight against the Mets. The 10 ks killed his stamina at the end though. And, hey, the bullpen didn't allow a run to cross the board after Lowry left.

And I concur with Smues, fuck Beltre. Or damn him, whatever. He bailed Gagne out of his 3rd consecutive loss tonight.

Great game for Lowry, as the Mets continue their winless streak against teams above .500. Ray Durham busts out of his huge slump and kills the Mets tonight. Odd stat, the Mets have not won a regular season night game in SF since 1999. Looks like an easy sweep for SF as they get to face Matt Ginter on Sunday and with Glavine pitching tomorrow, the Mets are a lock to be shut out.

Edit: The Mets have not beaten a team currently over .500 since July 4th (against the Yankees)

The Devil Rays picked up the recently-released Randall Simon. Okay move, but Simon more or less replaces Robert Fick. Not sure I see the logic of releasing a left-handed hitter who plays first and the outfield, but was having a poor season, for a left-handed hitter who plays first and was having a poor season.

Well, this Yankee game sets a new standard for "Suck."

Not only are they playing fairly poorly, but the first night back when I can actually watch the game, they lose power and video?

The fuck?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...6p-192653c.html

In the clubhouse, most of the lights went off and the YES Network broadcast was stuck on a frame of Nitkowski running in from the bullpen.

"I came in after the inning and told the guys that they should always do that," the former St. John's pitcher joked.

Guest Anglesault

The Yankees horrendous play against contending teams would bother me if this didn't happen last year right around now too.