TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mindless_Aggression

So help me out with...

Guest Mindless_Aggression

I never see much on baseball games, plenty of NFL and NBA talks about which franchise is better, but just curious to see what the majority's opinion on baseball games is.

I'm personally looking for the most realistic sim game possible, I don't wanna have a player with 75 home runs and another with 60. PS2 or X-Box, I got both, so let the suggestions fly.

MLB 2005, although once you get good at it, it's relatively easy. It's a very good looking game though.

My favorites are the Bases Loaded Series on NES and SNES, and the RBI Series on Sega.

World Series Baseball for X-Box. I thought last year's version played a little better (and a little more like a sim), but this year's is still solid. All-Star Baseball is ass. I've heard good things about MVP Baseball, but I've never played it apart from a few minutes in Best Buy one day.

Guest Eugene`

MVP is amazing. However, the one thing that turns people off (and me) is the annoying lefty glitch, where everytime you hit a fly ball, you get backspin. It's really hard to get anymore than 5 homers with a lefty. Other than that, the game is solid, and probably the most fun ballgame i've ever played.

All-Star Baseball is ass.

Hogwash.

I haven't played World Series Baseball, but I'd take All-Star 2004 and its realistic game simming and franchise/expansion mode over MVP Baseball and its idiotic "franchise goals" any day and twice on Sundays.

Don't play the in-game engine (now THAT's ass), but picking up ASB2004 at $15 simply to go through the sim aspects ain't a bad deal.

Meh, I gave up on ASB after playing 2002 and 2003. I guess they greatly revamped the franchise aspect in 2004 because it ate deeply of the man-ass in the '02 and '03 versions. If it's as good as you say, I might take a flier on it, if it's available for X-Box.

I've only played MVP Baseball, so I can't really give you a comparison. I will say it was alot of fun, and I got my money's worth out of it. In fact, I still play it often.

Wind back the clock and go old school with Tony LaRussa Baseball 2. To this day, it is still my favorite baseball game of all time.

All this time, I thought I was some kind of oddball. I love that I could input 2004 rosters into that sucker and play it today if I wanted. I do love the All-franchise teams, and I really wish some gamemaker would emulate that. An old-time baseball game would sell.