TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

In one month - Wednesday, September 22nd - at 8:00, a new show will premiere on ABC called "LOST". I already downloaded it and am in love. It's hard for me to like anything new - I'm not a big fan of change. So me liking this is a reflection on how well the first episode "grabs you" and doesn't let go. I have always liked the concept of "the deserted", and this one plays it up perfectly. With a large cast of characters, some great writers, an intriguing plot and story, and a ton of potential, LOST will hopefully make for many hours on-line gushing and marking out over every little thing that happens. If this show doesn't do well, then we are all to blame for the state television is in right now.

Over the next few weeks, this thread can be used for discussion for those who have seen it or those who want to see it, as-well-as familiarizing the unfamiliar with the cast and crew and characters of the show. It should be fun.

Guest Vitamin X

The only thing I've seemed to notice from the cast is that one of the hobbits from Lord of the Rings (I think the actor's name is Dominic Monaghan) is one of them.

I'm glad to see TV going in this direction rather than coming up with some other silly game show or reality TV show. We need more scripted TV. And GOOD scripted TV, at that.

Guest Fook

For those of us who haven't heard of it, can we get a brief synopsis of what it's about?

It's about survivors of a plane wreck winding up on a remote island and having to survive the unknown and whatnot.

Some of the other cast (seeing what ones I recall from IMDB)

Matthews Fox from Party of 5 and the very good but very quickly canceled Haunted on UPN.

Daniel Dae Kim...played lawyer Gavin on Angel. And a random scientist in Spiderman 2.

Harold Perrineau, AGUSTUS HILL FROM MOTHAF*CKIN OZ!...and the 2nd and 3rd Matrix movies. And he did an ep of Dead Like Me. I like this guy's work.

Ian Somerhalder...played Adam last season on Smallville. And Paul in Rules of Attraction.

Terry O'Quinn from one of my all time favorites...THE STEPFATHER

Cast looks decient.

While I'm really looking forward to this my faith in ABC is shaky with them killing off the excelent 10-8: Officers on Duty.

Bleh, I thought NBC was bringing back their show that was called Lost for a 3rd time, where they drop people off in the middle of nowhere (with no idea where they are) and have them race back to a predetermined spot. Sorta like Amazing Race, but it actually had a better premise.

The show is about the survivors of a plane crash on a deserted island. However, not everything is as it appears to be. Not the survivors, and certainly not the island.

There are plenty of neat lil twists throughout the show, and once you think you have it figured out they'll turn it around on you. The pilot is 2 hours long, so it's a 2 parter.

If you have Bittorrent, you can DL it at suprnova.org - I believe it is in the "other" section of TV.

Aww, I'll do that right now.

Thanks.

Guest Evolution

Just watched it myself. The pilot all the way through is a pretty hefty piece of viewing, but it's some good hefty.

J.J. Abrams seems to have another homerun with this one, and ABC seems to have enough confidence to give him up to six episodes, but some devoted fans have already created a campaign to save the show...three weeks before its debut.

If people watch, it should pan out to be something great. ABC dropped the ball with shows like Line of Fire and Miracles, but hopefully they'll realize that they have something good on their hands here.

And hey, I'm all about the non-reality shows. So, here's to what hopefully will be a successful run for Lost (especially with that $10 million pilot)

Daniel Dae Kim...played lawyer Gavin on Angel. And a random scientist in Spiderman 2.

Wasn't he also Agent Baker on 24?

J.J. Abrams seems to have another homerun with this one, and ABC seems to have enough confidence to give him up to six episodes, but some devoted fans have already created a campaign to save the show...three weeks before its debut.

Wipes away the foul taste of the now-scrapped Superman script, does it? I never really got into Alias, but I like the premise. I'm a sucker for Savage Land-type stuff (loved Ka-Zar and Warlord as a kid)

Guest Evolution

Wasn't he also Agent Baker on 24?

Yep, Daniel Dae was Agent Baker on 24.

Is ABC airing all two hours of the pilot tonight or just the one hour this week and one next? I've heard some conflicting reports...

Anyways, I downloaded and watched it and I thought it was very good, and mysterious. Good job, and I"m looking forward on knowing more.

Guest Flyboy

The way that ABC has been pushing and advertising this show for the past 2-3 months, they have SOLD me to watch the show. I'm enjoying it so far -- not great, but it's okay. As the main character, Jack seems like a pretty dull character to me.

Sign in to follow this