TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Interesting video. So the numbers predict the end of humanity, and DHARMA is trying to change the world through scientific discovery to avert that end. But I wonder what the virus is for. Maybe as a means to unite mankind in attempt to save itself?

It'll be interesting to see if any of this plays into the show.

Guest Evolution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSnnjZxYTSI

Best one yet. Awesome stuff, even if it doesn't show new stuff from Season 3.

"Supposedly, none of it will ever find it's way into the show's continuity. Which, if true, makes me question the point of it all, again."

They don't call it an Alternate Reality Game for nothing.

After watching the bonus disc for season 2, I've come to the conclusion that the writers are just making things up as they go. They have no idea what is going to happen, which will be the down fall of the series.

I'll still watch every week.

And Cynthia Watros was killed off because she had the chance for a bigger role on a different show debuting this fall. I don't think it was punishment for her arrest at all.

I will laugh - hard - if her new show gets cancelled.

As a follow-up, I just read on IMDB (obviously don't know how reliable it is) that her new show "My Ex Life" wasn't picked up at all.

i hope there's less dharma hatch "mystery" garbage. i'm nearing the end of my S1 rewatch and there's none of that garbage, and even the weakest episodes are still amazing. Island survival drama is where the series excels. like the "who poisoned michael who gets the last spot on the raft" episode before the S1 finale. Nothing to do with any mythology, better than virtually every hatch-drama segment in S2.

I dont mind stuff like the others holding them prisoner in a hatch or whatever if its necessary, but if there are more episodes which the entire climax with characters strolling through a new hatch simply the writers can drop us "clues", or endless debates over which hatch is a psychology expirment and which isn't (yawn who cares), i'll scream.

I was disappointed that nothing was even close to being explained, but I thought it was a great episode. Everyone was amazing. The tension between the others and the survivor in the scene with them came off great.

From the previews, it looks like this was the calm before the storm so it was a perfect start to the season.

The show just gets weirder and weirder by episode.

I thought it was a solid episode, I thought Matthew Fox was fucking awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with this because it really wasn't that great of a season opener, but it definately made me want to watch next week.

That episode was awesome. I don't know what some of you people expect out of every episode... like 5 resolutions a show?

Perfect build and a total mindfuck. I was wondering what the hell was going on at all turns, and just when I thought I figured a bit out... they changed it up. Like - I thought that all three were to be treated differently and Kate would be treated well, but then Henry blew that out of the water by saying that the next two weeks would be difficult for her.

Pefect season opener - for me at least. I can only ask to be entertained by a show and care about what happens. If the show is over and it feels like I've been watching for five minutes - that's also a good sign. Both of those happened tonight, so I have nothing to complain about.

Yeah I'm not sure what you all expect out of this. I think it was a fantastic episode, they should leave you wanting more and it was definately an intriguing episode.

If the first episode is any indication, Michael Emerson's Emmy nomination should be in the bag. I'm going to enjoy learning about Henry/Bob's backstory.

I'm guessing The Other live in a modern, city-like structure or even a suburb with houses, a general store, doctors office etc.

Meh. Close enough.

That opening sequence was fan-fucking-tastic. Awesome episode.

- Jack's evil eyes and intensity were off the chain.

- Sawyer's triumph over the machine.

- HOTDRESS.

- Juliette and Ben's relationship will be very interesting to explore and I look forward to Ethan and Goodwin cameos in the flashbacks.

I definately can't wait to see what happens with Juliette did you see the look on her face when Ben said "Go ahead (and kill her)"? Also when Ben said "I guess I'm out of the book club." I'm pretty sure Ben and Juliette were an item at some point, they seem like a broken up couple that is forced to work together.

First scene was great. Everything else was eh. You all know I'm tired of flashbacks, but I'm especially tired of Jack flashbacks. Here's hoping this breaks open quickly. I'm not expecting "5 resolutions per episode," but I do want a show that reminds me of the first season where not every single thing was some weird cipher. Remember, when the characters were intriguing, and the show was more than a gratuitous mindfuck? All the obvious psychological games they're playing feel like 4-8-15-16-23-42 all over again. I guess our big three are lost in a different way now.

Also, fuck them for having Juliet grab a copy of the Talking Heads' Speaking in Tongues and then having..."Downtown" play? I wanted "This Must Be The Place."

I did like fish biscuit a lot, though.

I don't see these things as mind fucks though, they do have intriguing characters. They just use perception tricks to throw us off, most of these things are logical, they just don't give it to you in a set structured way.

When Henry/Ben is first captured by Jack and Co. he's given some reading material by Locke. He asks "Do you have any Stephen King?", the same author Juliette was holding when he drops the "Guess I'm out of the book club" line. Part of me is wondering if what Ben told Jack and everybody about him having a wife who died was just a side of him venting.

Sign in to follow this