TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Locke was kind of a bumbling fool in this one. Sayid owned him.

I think that was the show trying to balance the Science/Faith thing. Locke's faith, disputed by Sayid, ended up finding them Patchy's lair and therefore a way to find Jack.

So, he got to look stupid for the rest of the episode.

I'm thinking Captain Morgan baited Locke into playing chess to see if he was smart enough to "be one of them".

I also enjoyed a minimal amount of time being put towards the ping-pong game, though I wish we'd have actually see Hurley pwning Sawyer in front of everybody.

Kate's gonna think something is wrong when she gets back to camp and isn't called Freckles.

Man, I thought the reaction would be much less positive to Locke effectively blowing up everything concrete about the Dharma initiative. My hope is that now that there has been a tangible example of how not talking to each other about what they find can literally blow up in their face, hopefully they'll start talking to each other a little more about all the other weird stuff that has been going on.

Good episode.

I read an article in TV guide saying that we are going to find out how Locke got into the wheelchair on 3/21.

Wednesday is a Claire episode, and there's a Jin/Sun one coming up soon that deals with her pregnancy.

The article also said that Desmond trying to save Charlie's life is going to be a running theme for the rest of the season.

Guest Vitamin X

I have a feeling that Locke getting into the wheelchair had something to do with that one guy falling out the window in one of the season one flashbacks. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I think this was an excellent episode. I agree with the other folks here, Lost is really picking back up. One question, though: Does anyone know if that really was a woman that Sayid had tortured? I had my doubts at the beginning, but then thought back to one of the earlier Sayid flashbacks and now I wasn't so sure.

Locke was kind of a bumbling fool in this one. Sayid owned him.

I think that was the show trying to balance the Science/Faith thing. Locke's faith, disputed by Sayid, ended up finding them Patchy's lair and therefore a way to find Jack.

So, he got to look stupid for the rest of the episode.

I thought that Sayid found the lair and also found the trap door inside. Locke didn't bring much to the table.

I have a feeling that Locke getting into the wheelchair had something to do with that one guy falling out the window in one of the season one flashbacks. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I think this was an excellent episode. I agree with the other folks here, Lost is really picking back up. One question, though: Does anyone know if that really was a woman that Sayid had tortured? I had my doubts at the beginning, but then thought back to one of the earlier Sayid flashbacks and now I wasn't so sure.

Do you mean the guy that fell out of the window when Hurley was talking to his accountant? Could actually work because we've seen that Locke and Hurley have other connections (both had the same boss and Hurley might have owned the company Locke worked for).

I'm pretty sure that he did torture the woman. That was my understanding at least. From her he learned forgiveness and compassion (at least I think that was what they were showing with him not killing patchy), by her letting him go.

I thought that Sayid found the lair and also found the trap door inside. Locke didn't bring much to the table.

They only managed to find the Flame using the compass bearing that Locke got from Mr. Eko's stick.

He did not find a compass bearing. He saw a bible verse on Eko's stick and dumb luck lead them into the general vicinity of something they weren't searching for.

Guest Vitamin X

Also, another thing that made this episode great were the comparisons it drew between the flashback and the scenes on the island to make the two things relevant to each other. The whole thing with the woman describing how she found the cat in a box where children had put firecrackers in it, and then on the island with the house blowing up, and my first thought was actually "OH SHIT! THE CAT!!" and there it was, standing there outside. That's excellent writing. It's that sort of stuff that made the show so great in the first place, those kinds of symbolic connections.

If Locke's paralysis was caused by a dude falling on him out of nowhere, and not the result of a giant con f'ing him over and breaking his spirit for the sixteenth time, I'm going to be unhappy.

I'd like for it to have been something that was all in his mind. He feels sorry for himself and views himself as hopeless. As it progresses, he finds himself unable to walk. As he gets sympathy for it, he further degenerates into believing that he can no longer walk.

So, we find out the island doesn't really cure people, Rose is fucked, Ben's tumor is explained, and probably some other stuff I forgot.

My thought was that Locke was the guy pushed out of the window, and instead of dying he is paralyzed. I also saw an incredibly succinct and believable theory at thetailsection.com which is pretty much THE website for lostaholics. It involves an underworld, ancient civilizations, and cerberus. It's actually very interesting. If we don't, however, become privy to the conncection between sawyer and locke (sawyer=locke's dad, james ford's mother's boyfriend) I will become more disillusioned. It seems, though that our losties do make it to New Otherton this week.

He did not find a compass bearing. He saw a bible verse on Eko's stick and dumb luck lead them into the general vicinity of something they weren't searching for.

No, he got a compass bearing, and he said exactly that, in those words, when Kate asked why she needed their help to find Jack. Besides that, Sayid also said they were heading North on a bearing of something, and how the hell would he know that considering compasses don't work?

The Bible Verse was "Lift up your head and look North" or something like that; it wasn't dumb luck - it was Locke's knowledge of outdoor survival (I imagine that, despite Locke's physical handicaps, he loves to read about this sort of thing), and him realizing that he could use the way the light was hitting the stick to determine which way was North. How that works I have no fucking clue, but both him and Sayid said that he had a compass bearing and they were following it, so I'm curious as to why you think it was sheer dumb luck.

That's about as "meh" episode as you're going to get, unless the bird with the tag magically somehow plays a big part in a big plot. Nothing outright awesome but nothing so shitty that it would make it a bad episode. Good ending but I wanted to see Jack celebrating like he was Deon Sanders or barring that, Randy Moss.

I have faith for next week, though. Locke-based episode and those so are proven to be the most quality, unless somebody feels like challenging that and losing the ensuing argument.

My new theory is Jack and Claire's dad is alive, and the 'top guy' the others referred to. He is the reason they all ended up on the island together.

I thought that was a great ending. I like how they made it look like Jack was running toward them and it turns out that he's just playing football. Very clever. I can't wait to see how they react.

"Excuse me, I wasn't aware that they had a sonic death fence."

Next week looks so badass. I can hardly wait.

That episode was tremendous, I enjoyed it more than Hurley's ep the other week. The ending was wicked, one of the best endings to an episode since Henry Gale's 'Evilness Over Cereal'.

No, he got a compass bearing, and he said exactly that, in those words, when Kate asked why she needed their help to find Jack. Besides that, Sayid also said they were heading North on a bearing of something, and how the hell would he know that considering compasses don't work?

The Bible Verse was "Lift up your head and look North" or something like that; it wasn't dumb luck - it was Locke's knowledge of outdoor survival (I imagine that, despite Locke's physical handicaps, he loves to read about this sort of thing), and him realizing that he could use the way the light was hitting the stick to determine which way was North. How that works I have no fucking clue, but both him and Sayid said that he had a compass bearing and they were following it, so I'm curious as to why you think it was sheer dumb luck.

Sigh. What Locke got from the stick was the word North. That they can get a compass bearing of North now, is because the giant magnet is no longer there after the hatch implosion/explosion. Basically, Locke saw the word North on the stick and said, that's where we'll go...North! What I referenced earlier about the dumb luck, was that unless Sayid ran into a cow and followed it, they wouldn't have found The Flame. And they weren't searching for the flame. So, I said that dumb luck got them in the general vicinity of something they weren't even looking for in the first place.

There was no compass bearing on the stick. The light hitting it did not point a certain direction or highlight a hidden meaning. Eko had inscribed many bible verses on his stick, and Locke read one of them and got the idea that they should go North. Just be glad Eko didn't have passages about the other directions on his stick, because those precise compass bearings that magical stick laid out might make them run in circles.

The compass bearing was due to the chapter and verse of the scripture. John 3:05. That's the heading Sayid and Locke confirmed during the episode you're talking about. I think "lift up your head and look North" is an actual verse, but I'm not sure if it's in John. I also believe the word John is why Locke spotted the verse and decided it was important. It is his name after all.

And I think that episode was great. They've found the balance between exploration and mystery again which everyone was pissed about on here. It's clear the stagnation during the Jack/Kate/Sawyer situation upset people, and that was due to them exploring through dialog instead of adventure. I enjoyed it, but I can see why others wouldn't and LOST has done a good job of running about six/seven high quality episodes pretty much back to back. I can't wait for next week. Locke episodes are always big on reveals and a good chance for some people to jump back on.

Another good episode. They're on a roll.

There's a direct correlation between: less of "Living with The Others!" and good episodes. Its nice to see them focusing on the LOSTAWAYS, and not on the snooze cruise. I'm somewhat wary of next week, but hopefully it won't be cryptic feet dragging, with Sayid and crew actually attacking the Others.

By the way, I think that the entire world at this point expected or at least kinda thought there was a possibility that Jack could become an Other. Now that we've seen him being friendly and playing football w/ Tom... I think it could be a swerve. He's trying to build their trust? Or maybe they just said fuck it and they're going to make you think they are playing them but then he murders Sawyer with his bare hands to end this season.

Nobody has mentioned Locke MURDERING that dude to shut him up about Locke's past? I didn't know he had it in him to be so cold-blooded. Outside of Charlie capping Ethan, that was the most chilling thing any of the Losties have done on the island.

Not to mention the C4 Sayid found in his pack showing that Locke knew more about what he was doing when he blew up the hatch last week than we were originally led to believe. Everyone who has been saying that Locke isn't what he used to be needs to bow down to the master. Can't wait to see what he has in store next week, what do you think his master plan here is? I'm thinking he's looking for revenge on Ben for making a fool out of him last season.

Sign in to follow this