TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

And one more thing, how come Rose is so gung ho about getting off the island now? And why was Bernard helping them when he told Rose they didn't have to leave if she didn't want to.

Here's something to ponder on:

Jack said go talk to my father.

CHRISTIAN IS FUCKING ALIVE??????/

I'm thinking that was the booze and Oxycontin talking. Jack spent all his time thinking about the Island and what led him to it, he probably had a bad flashback to when he confronted his father.

And one more thing, how come Rose is so gung ho about getting off the island now? And why was Bernard helping them when he told Rose they didn't have to leave if she didn't want to.

I guess when you're not on the show for 20 straight episodes you don't have to follow the one big plot point ever established for your characters.

Jack was doped out of his mind.

That, and he was probably using it as a defence mechanism. "He did it, so why can't I?", referring to being drunk on the job.

And the funeral is Ben.

Was wondering about that too, but yeah, think it was just Jack being messed up and a way for the writers to keep people thinking it was a flashback.

I'm thinking that was the booze and Oxycontin talking. Jack spent all his time thinking about the Island and what led him to it, he probably had a bad flashback to when he confronted his father.

No one told him differently or acted like he was insane.

He said go upstairs and see if my father is more drunk then me.

Yeah I was wondering the same thing.

Since those guys apparently aren't with Penny, I think the rest of the show will be told in flashbacks back to what happened after the 'rescue party' came and what they do to get away from them and get off the island.

I think I also read this somewhere else in this thread too. So that the present would be the main characters off the island, and the flashbacks would now be back on the island instead. Not sure how I feel about that though. If it is true, I just hope the "present-off-the-island" stuff has as much mystery around it's plot instead of "OMG HELP ME FIND THE ISLAND!" all the time. ;)

I think they figured it's better not to argue with someone that messed up. Better to just humor him.

He also told the chief of surgery that he doesn't know anything about him - so it's possible that the chief didn't know Jack's dad is dead, and was just trying to calm him down instead. He also flipped when the pharmacist was going to call his father's practice, and I'm guessing it wasn't just because he was lying about who wrote the prescription.

I'm just dense. I cracked a joke about jacking having a RAZR cell phone years and years ago. I honestly didn't see it coming until Kate showed up. Which is sad because there were so many clues.

As for the island...the Charlie stuff was awesome. He was soooo great in that chair. Just all hilariously sarcastic. The death scene was great, although he probably could have escaped. I just think he felt like if he didn't die then it wouldn't be fulfilled.

Locke being alive again and then coming to the rescue was pretty awesome. I love Locke. That knife throw was insane. Too bad Jack fucked it all up.

The moment of the episode was obviously Hurley's van trip. Everyone's been telling him he's too fat and he can't do anything for a LONG time now and that was so AWESOME.

I think it's Ben's funeral.

I definitely have to watch this again.

Okay...thoughts:

-Jack says to Kate: I'm sick of lying. Could they get rescued by the Hanso Foundation and have to make a "deal" with them that none of them were on Flight 815 and because the crash was staged back home, as Naomi said. They just seemingly fall back into reality.

-How is Kate seemingly back apart of society even though she was a threat before the 2004 crash?

-No one questions Jack whatsoever during the flashback about his father being alive/dead.

-The man says Jack Shepard is a "hero two times over"...is the explained he saved the Losties?

-It's Ben's funeral. He eventually helps the Losties get back home and was telling the truth about the 'good guys' vs. 'bad guys'. Good guys being the Hostiles and the bad guys being the Hanso Foundation/Dhrama/Whidmore/whoever else. He's been on the island the majority of his whole life so not one person would go to his funeral. Jack went because Ben was apart of the island he's so desperate to get back too.

-Kate said "He'll be waiting for me." She's with Sawyer.

-Is the Temple the place for the Others to hide on the Island? Is this where Locke is going?

-Mikalhi thought that the two lesbos in the Looking Glass were on "Assignment in Canada?"...the hell?

-The Others were building a runway...could they be looking for a new way to go back and forth between the Island and the Outside World other than the sub?

-Was Jack listening to Nirvana or Bush in the car?

More to come.

I'm glad I went into this finale unspoiled. I really want to see that one again. For a second, I thought that the ending that would test everyone's patience was Charlie reactivating the jamming equipment before he drown. That would've been a tough one to swallow.

I think they told an excellent story with how sure Jack was that he was making the right decision. Last season Locke made this huge mistake because he felt compelled to prove Eko wrong and this season Jack made the exact same mistake with Ben. It was really sad what his life had become because of one choice and if you couldn't feel sympathy for the Jack character then you never will. Heartbreaking. Locke not being able to pull the trigger and just walking off after saying he chose wrong was perfect.

Add me to the group that really wonders whose funeral it was. Obviously the dialog was very vague, but hints wise people had been pushing Ben dying in the season finale and thats one way to have that spoiler be true... it could also be Locke (another very strong possiblity) but then why no pronoun usage. What woman would Kate know whose involved with their story enough to be mentioned in that context? Juliet? They could've had a falling out and Kate definitely doesn't care for her. Season 4 can't come soon enough for me.

I'm of the opinion that it was Juliet. She'd be a much better link to the island than Ben. Jack didn't like Ben, but he liked Juliet, but I could see him saying "neither" if they'd just gone their seperate ways.

BTW, speaking of Juliette, the crash victem is her sister and nephew.

Okay, wait, I understand Locke not shooting Jack, because they've shown us a number of times that Locke is not a killer. He doesn't have the heart for it.

So, um, where'd he get the heart to plug Naomi right in the back with that knife? And where'd it go when he NEEDED it? I just thought it was kinda silly for Locke to show back up like that, only to slink away in defeat seconds later.

Also, I can easily see them not making some weird time-shift on the show. I think it's been well-established, through Desmond, that the future is not set in stone. It can be changed. What we saw in the flash-forward could possibly only be a potential outcome, if they do indeed get rescued.

It depends on how large the gap is between them in the finale and them being saved.

I could definately see Ben being right and The Others + Losties have to fight off the new force coming to the island.

If it's proven that it was in fact Juliet's sister that saw Jack on the bridge that night then the connection with her being in town for her sisters funeral along with the funeral director saying nobody cames would make too much sense for it not to be Juliet's body in that casket.

Holy fuck, so much stuff. Good, good stuff.

- The Charlie Prophecy is fulfilled and isn't a letdown. I was actually thinking that he was going to see Alvar Hanso or Dr. Candle on the monitor when the signal came through.

- HURLEY. SAYID NECK SNAP. THAT WAS FOR TAKING THE KID. So much cold-bloodedness rolled into once scene.

- Uh, hey dudes. Check it out. Walt.

- So, we're going to get that Rosseau flashback that's three seasons overdue, right?

- One thing I like about Lost is figuring things out literally sixty seconds before it takes place and then freaking out at your own prediction. In my case, about sixty seconds before Naomi got a knife in her back I thought "John Locke's gon' kill this bitch".

- The idea that it was the future occurred to me at the beginning of the episode but it wasn't something I dwelt on, mainly because I was enjoying the fuck out of OxyShepard. I marked for Sawyer being the one to bag Kate in the end.

So, have Michael and Walt been captured by Naomi's ship and sensing danger Walt sends a psychic message to Locke? After "Don't push the button, Mr. Locke" I think he'll believe the kid this time no matter what he says.

Sign in to follow this