TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

When Ben explained to Alex that he did all of that stuff to Karl because he didn't want him to get her pregnant, I laughed - then I realized it actually made sense considering what they've said about pregnant women on the island.

It's possible that whoever is in the casket is a totally new character, so it might be impossible to guess. We have no idea how much time is between what we saw on the island and the flash forward. Speaking of the flash forwards, maybe all of that was simply "Desmond flashes". The only reason I can see to doubt that theory is because he's been there for his flashes in the past, unless I'm missing something. Each time he told Charlie about what he saw, he was always eventually there when it happened.

After "Don't push the button, Mr. Locke" I think he'll believe the kid this time no matter what he says.

Um, why?

Didn't Locke admit as the hatch was blowing the fuck up that he had made a mistake? Why would he believe him this time if he was wrong last time?

Also, the finale spoilers that were posted a little while back - were they right, or what?

After "Don't push the button, Mr. Locke" I think he'll believe the kid this time no matter what he says.

Um, why?

Didn't Locke admit as the hatch was blowing the fuck up that he had made a mistake? Why would he believe him this time if he was wrong last time?

Also, the finale spoilers that were posted a little while back - were they right, or what?

No I went back and read them, and they were wrong.

I just went back and re-watched the episode and that casket in the funeral scene is REALLY fucking small. It doesn't even look like an adult could fit in it.

I dunno, I thought I detected a "wtf" reaction on the doctor's face when Jack mentioned his father - its possible that Christian is dead, and that was a drug-induced reaction, I half expected the doc to say "Jack, your father's dead!"

I dunno. I'm pretty much convinced that the viewing/funeral was for Locke. The newspaper says "body of Jo" - I don't actually see "from" New York in there, just "New York" mentioned - and the casket could be smaller for a multitude of reasons that I'm sure we'll find out in the next seasons flashbacks. Maybe the Locke character takes an even more tragic turn and actually loses his legs somehow.

Locke certainly didn't want to leave the island either, so maybe Jack was so interested in him since he'd be one of the only other people who'd want to get back there with him, and when he saw that he was dead his plans started falling apart.

Locke also has no friends, no family, so obviously no one would be at the funeral/viewing. It's also not much of a stretch to assume that because of this, Locke landed in LA after being taken from the island, and stayed there - settling in what looked like Crackton, heh - since he didn't have anywhere else to go.

Also, kind of off-topic... but I was wondering... does the state, or whoever, just put on these viewings when someone dies by default? I mean, otherwise wouldn't someone had to of requested there be a viewing or something like that? Normally wouldn't you just bury the person if no next of kin or friends came forward?

I don't like the idea that the show might now be in present time with flashbacks to what happened on the island. It sounds too much like the Nine. And look how that turned out.

I don't think they'd kill off Locke now. Not after he survived a bullet like that. And people would go to his funeral, he had friends on the island. The fact that Kate was so resistant to go makes me think it was either Ben or Michael or someone else that had done something terrible to the losties .

I don't like the idea that the show might now be in present time with flashbacks to what happened on the island. It sounds too much like the Nine. And look how that turned out.

I don't think they'd kill off Locke now. Not after he survived a bullet like that. And people would go to his funeral, he had friends on the island. The fact that Kate was so resistant to go makes me think it was either Ben or Michael or someone else that had done something terrible to the losties .

Still doesn't explain why the newspaper says "the body of Jo..." - as for when he actually dies, who knows when it's going to be? Might not even be until the end of Season 4 or sometime during Season 5.

I think at this point it's almost impossible to predict how the series is going to play out.

Lindelof and Cuse's post show interview only focused on the Charlie scene, which is really the most tangible moment from last night. It was a beautiful scene, by the way. Perfectly executed.

I don't think it's a Desmond type situation, where Jack somehow knows that's going to happen and intervenes somehow. I'm not sure if I read that here or somewhere else. It's not plausible.

I'm also not sure they would be so bold as to go to the future and then tell the story through flashbacks to the island. That would be very bold. There's still many things that NEED to be told about the island. They CAN NOT just gloss over them because they made a transition. That would be very disappointing.

Lostpedia says that a lot of the visible words in the newspaper clipping are direct references to the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. Anybody know anything about it?

My off the cuff opinion: Season 4 is about the Others and the Losties banding together to fend off Dharma/whoever Naomi really works for. Desmond is going to radio Jack at the start of Season 4 and the actual extraction from the island isn't going to be super easy. In fact I believe it will be a war of some sort. Maybe we continue to get flash forwards, maybe we don't. I can definitely see how that was could be used as a one time plot device just to get everyone talking (although that would be lame I'd be ok with it).

Hard to say. Guess we'll know in 9 months.

Remember Jack saying "he was sick of lieing"?

When Dharma resuced them (who else could Naomi have been working for?) they let Jack and Kate go free, on the condition they never told anyone what the island was. They even engineered Kate's freedom (how else can you explain her seemingly being free at the end) but some of them had to stay on the island and continue to be prisoners of Dharma. Jack is feeling guilty because him and Kate took the deal and left the others to die/be experimented on.

That way, most of next year's action can take place on the island after all (see how the remaining losties are coping with the Dharma nuts) but jump back to Kate and Jack trying to find a way to rescue them. So, you havn't totally ruined the formant of the show.

Lostpedia says that "Damon and Carlton also hinted that the show will be taking a whole other direction and this will be made clear by the last 5 minutes of the show, which has been highly rumoured to be a flash forward of two losties on the outside world" - so that bold direction might actually be the way they're going.

Ok, everybody's assuming Kate's free in the flash forward. But IS she free? Her voice mail doesn't give her name, her and Jack met at a field rather than at either's residence, I hadn't seen any reason to assume that she's free.

The only problems I can see with having flashforwards for the rest of the series is that it takes away a lot of the drama on who lives and who dies. Like, we already know that Jack and Kate live, so anytime that a gun is pulled on them, or whatever, we know they're going to be ok (even if we were 99% sure they wouldn't be killed off before, there was still that 1% gnawing at us). I guess they could mix up flashbacks and flashforwards and not reveal which one it is until the end of the episode for the rest of the cast, though.

Good point.

People are going really nuts over the whole "Who is in the coffin?" theory, even going as far as to say that it's a kid in there because of the size of it.

Occams Razor would tell us that based on Jack's "Neither" response to the "Friend or family?" question that the leading candidates would be Locke, Ben or Sawyer. I don't think it's Sawyer because I think that's the "he" Kate referred to but Ben and Locke make sense being that Jack now realizes that they weren't meant to be rescued and the only person who'd want to go back to the island with him is dead. Ben or Locke both fit that profile.

I don't think that from here on out they'll all be flash-forward episodes because there's gotta be questions that need answers that took place in the past. How Desmond landed himself in military prison is one that sticks out in my mind at the moment.

From what I can decipher of the newspaper article, it says, "Man's Body Found in Downtown Loft." Then it says the "body of J------- ----antham of New York." I have no idea how many letters are missing, or what the are, but it looked like Jo, Ja, or Je to me.

Something from the Dark Tower series that was mentioned at the IMDB boards:

-Jack mentions his father as being alive.

-Kate is not locked up.

-Jack said he was tired of lying.

This could be that they are in an alternate reality when the leave the island. Jack's father never died in this reality, Kate was never on the run, etc. The Dark Tower series is apparently about people going to an alternate reality of their lives and trying to get back.

Ok, everybody's assuming Kate's free in the flash forward. But IS she free? Her voice mail doesn't give her name, her and Jack met at a field rather than at either's residence, I hadn't seen any reason to assume that she's free.

I think if she was still on the run, she would keep moving and would likely be nowhere near Jack. She seems to have settled, which would be difficult if she's still a fugitive. And Jack seemed to take it for granted that she would have the freedom to meet him or go to a funeral.

Dharma, if it is them behind all this, are obviously a very powerful organisation, and it's not difficult to believe they made the charges dissapear or gave her a new identity.

Sayid's Iraqi neckbreaker was the highlight of the show, followed closely by Hurleys hit and run. To be honest I didn't even care about the final flashforward twist, becuase I was too busy relishing the asskicking the others had coming to them for 3 seasons of cryptic bullshit.

So, have Michael and Walt been captured by Naomi's ship and sensing danger Walt sends a psychic message to Locke? After "Don't push the button, Mr. Locke" I think he'll believe the kid this time no matter what he says.

That wasn't Walt. Just Smokey. Smokey can take the form of people (see: eko's brother)

From what I can decipher of the newspaper article, it says, "Man's Body Found in Downtown Loft." Then it says the "body of J------- ----antham of New York." I have no idea how many letters are missing, or what the are, but it looked like Jo, Ja, or Je to me.

Something from the Dark Tower series that was mentioned at the IMDB boards:

-Jack mentions his father as being alive.

-Kate is not locked up.

-Jack said he was tired of lying.

This could be that they are in an alternate reality when the leave the island. Jack's father never died in this reality, Kate was never on the run, etc. The Dark Tower series is apparently about people going to an alternate reality of their lives and trying to get back.

We dont know if someone is using a middle name.

Obviously the last night is not Locke. Or Linus. Its almost English-ish sounding.

The producers have stated repeatedly that there are no alternate realities and the Christian Shepard is Dead...Really Dead. Not coming back dead.

But what about this we dont know what kind of experiments they where conducting on the island what if they where doing lets say particle displacement experiments or something to do with electromagnetic resonance that caused a rift in time and created an alternate reality. I mean the Hanso group worked on genetic experiments and a sleuth of God knows what. What if they where trying to create a perfect society outside of the normal world and the only way to create this was to alter reality. Maybe im just pulling it out of my arse but it will explain why Richard hasnt really aged and it would maybe explain Jacob being a "ghost" or idk im confused.

Sign in to follow this