TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

The only thing that came to mind with The Dark Tower series of books relating to a newpaper clipping about a death was. Father Callahan was on the run from The Low Men, The Crimson King's Henchmen. They would leave all kinds of Lost Pet posters with descriptions of the father (to make other vampires aware of his presence).

The reason Father Callahan was on the run was because in Salem's Lot when he was made to drink the blood of the head vampire Barlow, he gained the ability to see vampires in the world. They would have a blue glow around them. Anyway Callahan became a slayer of sorts and killed several vampires in NEW YORK. He worked at a homeless shelter and began killing vampires. They got smarter and more aware of Callahan's doings and it got back to the lowmen.

When the heat got to be too much he made his way across country on the run. On his way he saw less and less of the signs and made his way to California. In California he read a newspaper on break at a hard labor job. He spotted an article that spoke of his good friend Rowan Macgruder (the man who ran the homeless shelter) who had been critically wounded by "The Hitler Brothers" two neo nazi killers that had been terrorizing New York.

It was actually a setup to bait Callahan into coming back to New York, which he did to visit his friend in the hospital just before his friend died.

That's all I can remember about a newspaper clipping from The Dark Tower books. It is in Callahan's story in Wolves Of The Calla.

How many books are in that series? Is it worth reading? I know it's a bit off-topic, but a few friends and family members have consistently recommended that I read the series even though I'm not a King fan.

I think there are 7 books and it is definately worth reading. I'm not a huge King fan either, but it's a masterpiece.

Someone over at the fuselage (who claims to have insider knowledge) says this is what is written in the article:

The body of John Lantham of New York was found shortly after 4 am in the 4300 block of Grand Avenue.

Ted Worden, a doorman at the Tower Lofts complex, heard loud noises coming from the victim's loft.

Concerned for tenants' safety, he entered the loft and found the body hanging from a beam in the living room.

According to Jaime Ortiz, a police spokesman, the incident was deemed a suicide after medical tests. Latham (sic) is survived by one teenaged son.

Memorial services will be held at the Hoffs-Drawlar Funeral Home tomorrow evening.

here's the best screenshot I could find

http://bp0.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RlUe-1...erclipping2.jpg

Guest aaron24wood
Someone over at the fuselage (who claims to have insider knowledge) says this is what is written in the article:

The body of John Lantham of New York was found shortly after 4 am in the 4300 block of Grand Avenue.

Ted Worden, a doorman at the Tower Lofts complex, heard loud noises coming from the victim's loft.

Concerned for tenants' safety, he entered the loft and found the body hanging from a beam in the living room.

According to Jaime Ortiz, a police spokesman, the incident was deemed a suicide after medical tests. Latham (sic) is survived by one teenaged son.

Memorial services will be held at the Hoffs-Drawlar Funeral Home tomorrow evening.

here's the best screenshot I could find

http://bp0.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RlUe-1...erclipping2.jpg

I saw that referenced at lostpedia too.

I still say it's Michael. "Survived by one teenaged son" helps. I want to say he changed his name either to get away from the press behind being the first people to come back from the island or because of whatever other reason might pop up next season. The suicide probably deals with his guilt over Libby and Ana-Lucia finally putting him over the edge. That is, of course, if it wasn't staged - which I doubt.

...just because we don't see something...

And by that I mean, the producers didn't want to give the dead body away AND we don't know if there is possibly an instance in the future where Michael and Walt have some fight and Walt takes off, which is also something that could lead to suicide.

The only thing that came to mind with The Dark Tower series of books relating to a newpaper clipping about a death was. Father Callahan was on the run from The Low Men, The Crimson King's Henchmen. They would leave all kinds of Lost Pet posters with descriptions of the father (to make other vampires aware of his presence).

The reason Father Callahan was on the run was because in Salem's Lot when he was made to drink the blood of the head vampire Barlow, he gained the ability to see vampires in the world. They would have a blue glow around them. Anyway Callahan became a slayer of sorts and killed several vampires in NEW YORK. He worked at a homeless shelter and began killing vampires. They got smarter and more aware of Callahan's doings and it got back to the lowmen.

When the heat got to be too much he made his way across country on the run. On his way he saw less and less of the signs and made his way to California. In California he read a newspaper on break at a hard labor job. He spotted an article that spoke of his good friend Rowan Macgruder (the man who ran the homeless shelter) who had been critically wounded by "The Hitler Brothers" two neo nazi killers that had been terrorizing New York.

It was actually a setup to bait Callahan into coming back to New York, which he did to visit his friend in the hospital just before his friend died.

That's all I can remember about a newspaper clipping from The Dark Tower books. It is in Callahan's story in Wolves Of The Calla.

How many books are in that series? Is it worth reading? I know it's a bit off-topic, but a few friends and family members have consistently recommended that I read the series even though I'm not a King fan.

I think there are 7 books and it is definately worth reading. I'm not a huge King fan either, but it's a masterpiece.

More off-topicness, but what the hell.. Apparently Gennedy Tartakovsky is trying to pitch an animated series based on the Dark Tower to HBO.

I thought Michael was going to show up for the finale.

But they will probably show his story getting off the island and what happened.

I really think having both next year is the way to go. There's still too much island stuff to be told to not have flashbacks (Rousseau (sp?), Richard, etc.), but they can't pretend like the end of the finale didn't happen.

Since I haven't watched hardly any of the show, or read any of this thread... I'm just going to throw this out there and if it's been speculated on then I apologize...

I have this feeling that the island, or some force of nature, is controlling when people die - and I believe it has something to do with "completing a mission". Everyone on that island that survived the crash and the initial few minutes past it have/had a reason to get there, and once their reason was complete, they die. It might not be right away, but it's fairly close.

Some of them don't have really "HUGE" missions to complete (the pilot, Arzt), and others might even have more than one ( Desmond, Jack, etc) and no doubt there may be some things that happen next season that have not even been alluded to yet. And I have this feeling that there are some people that just are not supposed to die no matter what (for reasons we don't know yet, like Locke).

As far as the Others go, I am not sure whether or not they are "exempt" from the mission thing, but it's fairly easy to see that certain Others mean more to the island than other Others.

Season Four's flash forward sequences are essentially a season-within-a-season. Don't freak out, its not another mini-pod thing-a-ma-jig. The particulars have not been planned but apparently they are looking at a mix of flash backs and flash words, with a larger number of flash forwards.

The flash forwards tell a linear story, but will be presented in non-linear format from the vantage point of different characters. (This kills the 'only Kate and Jack' got off the island theory.) The big kicker is the Flash Forwards will be shot, according to the source, in Los Angeles.

the tail section

I thought Jack was so guilt ridden because he had left the rest to die...so much for that theory. Although I'm surprised he was feeling depressed and called Kate. Surely, Hurley would be the person you'd call if you needed cheering up?

I thought Jack was so guilt ridden because he had left the rest to die

I don't think that's out of the question, even if people besides him and Kate returned. It's possible, that even if 30 of them got off the island, 10 stayed behind, and Jack feels guilty about them,

Personally, I think he was more distraught about just not being on the island anymore, because he realized he never should've left.

I thought Jack was so guilt ridden because he had left the rest to die

I don't think that's out of the question, even if people besides him and Kate returned. It's possible, that even if 30 of them got off the island, 10 stayed behind, and Jack feels guilty about them,

Personally, I think he was more distraught about just not being on the island anymore, because he realized he never should've left.

There has to be more to it than that. Unlike Locke or Ben Jack never appeared to have a real connection to the island. Maybe Locke would be suicidal just for the fact he wasn't on the island but not Jack.

I still think there is someone/something he feels he has to go back and save.

Guest aaron24wood

No matter what, this show better not end in three years time with everyone back on the island as if it was where they were meant to be.

No matter what, this show better not end in three years time with everyone back on the island as if it was where they were meant to be.

I think it'll end with the volcano erupting and destroying the whole place.

Ever since they mentioned there was a volcano, that was the first thing I thought of.

So I watched the entire first season over the weekend and I loved it. Myself and a friend really got into it and even though I normally hate when a show or a movie sorta forces you to sit through the entire thing so you can understand every thing that's going on, I didn't hate watching Lost at all.

I enjoyed the multiple storylines and how it seems a lot of them are now crossing together. I think I'm going to start season 2 on Friday and I'm going to try and watch all of it throughout the weekend. I'm just hoping Season 2 will be just as good as season 1.

Guest Vitamin X
I'm just hoping Season 2 will be just as good as season 1.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you're going to be disappointed. You can almost pretty much fast forward to the last few episodes of Season 2 (everything from when Rousseau catches "Henry Gale") then just go through that to Season 3 and you won't miss a thing.

I'm going to watch Season 2 all the way through regardless of what anyone has to say about it. I would rather watch it all so I can fully understand why everything is happening rather than skipping episodes and assuming I know whats going on. Besides I already watched the first 3 episodes on the first disc...and I enjoyed it.

Seriously VX, if you're directly replying to someone you KNOW hasn't seen the second season, then why post a spoiler about it? Geez man...

I didn't know he was spoiling anything...but shhhhhh anyways. :P

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah there's nothing really being spoiled there. I didn't reveal anything, and he said he's seen episodes from season three, so he might make the connection only once he's seen all the episodes.

Sign in to follow this