TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Michael and Walt - part of the Oceanic 6 or separate entity?

Nice to see that Jack was dealing with it ok and then slowly started going crazy as opposed to Hurley who just went batshit ASAP.

I wonder what they are covering up, though? First the autograph mention during the HORSE game and also in the text version of the Season 3 finale there is the part where Jack is trying to refill his prescription when he's out of refills, and the guy behind him in line says "Lady, give him what he wants... do you know who he is?" Do people remember that? The text said that you may have thought it was referring to the car crash but in fact Jack had become a major celebrity since returning to the USA.

This would have been a good episode if it were in the middle of the season. Maybe I just expect more from the premieres, but I didn't think this was anything special. It had a few cool moments (Hurley finding the cabin, Jack pulling the trigger), but the last 2 season premieres have been pretty good and this didn't really measure up.

I'm guessing that the rescuers make them leave everyone else behind on the island and make it seem like those 6 are the only survivors, that's the 'they' the black guy and Charlie were talking about.

I'm guessing that the rescuers make them leave everyone else behind on the island and make it seem like those 6 are the only survivors, that's the 'they' the black guy and Charlie were talking about.

That is a great idea.

But why did Hugo say "I'm sorry for going with Locke." Something must happen there. Something huge.

Did Michael show back up at the end of last season? I cannot remember.

Saving Private Ryan...it was driving me nuts that I couldn't remember where I'd seen the guy who showed up at the end

I kind of wish they didn't have Hugo say that this episode. We already know that he went with Locke, I don't need to know it went south so quickly. But of course I am interested in how the Oceanic 6 became 'the 6'.

OK, so I'm thinking Jack went to Hurley's funeral in the S3 finale. Hurley told him "never say never".. well, Hurley dies, causing an already fragile Jack to go off the deep end, he realizes they have to go back to the island and that's where he calls Kate.

Coffin was too small for it to be Hurley

Come on, it's a TV show. They aren't going to make fun of the actor by sticking his character's corpse in a piano box. It would kind of kill the moment they're trying to create.

Great episode, really great.

Are we aloud to speculate stuff? I have a theory about the Oceanic 6 but I don't wanna step over a line if we're not throwing theorys out there.

I don't think we've met the person that ends up in the coffin yet. Kate didn't seem interested at all in the funeral and I think that no matter what happened on the island, everyone there had a connection and they would all go to someone else's that was there.

Of course you can. If its just your thoughts, post whatever you want.

One thing I'd like everyone to consider when constructing their own personal theories is that there are 47 episodes of the series left, which is quite a bit. I'd imagine it's not 47 straight episodes of these rescuers. I'd have to believe that this all plays out and the 6 get off the island some other way. They aren't going to do 3 whole seasons of this arc.

I'll be in the city where my friend doesn't have cable.

WHO DOESN'T HAVE CABLE?!?

I don't have cable. I have an antennae. They were used in days before cable, to receive television frequencies.

ABC isn't a cable channel, silly.

It was worth watching the season premiere just to see Cedric Daniels on a major network. I've complained about the flashbacks for the past two years, and I have to admit that I like how this first flash-forward replaced them and established a very ugly sense of dread.

I wouldn't be surprised if this season of 16 episodes ended right where season 3 ended, with the whole "We have to go back!" thing. I think they could do some really interesting stuff gradually narrowing the timeline, to the point where eventually you have something like the final 8 episodes of the show on the island, no flash-anythings, with everyone there and trying to escape for good.

Kate seemed to really hate the person in the coffin. So I'm going with Michael in the coffin, since it would make sense considering what Michael did.

I really like the flash-forwards, the idea of all 6 (or 5, whoever's left) eventually realizing they have to go back, almost an institutionalized frame of mind where they cant function correctly outside of the island any more, is a fresh direction, and gives the story an almost mythic quality. I do hope the 'evil boat guys' are more interesting than the Others, who were boring as shit until Ben's backstory showed they were there before Dharma.

I think what will happen is the flash-forwards will tell the story of how the Oceanic 6 (5?) all come back together and their season storyline ends with them returning to the island in the finale, while the "normal" timeline tells the story of their escape... like the last scenes will be Oceanic 6 finally getting freed and going home, intercut with the future Oceanic 6 returning to the island.... essentially closing the gap between the two storylines. Then next season can be about their actual return and what they find.. imagine them coming back and finding the remaining guys in tribes or in full lord of the flies mode.

By the way, DANIELS (from The Wire) as the shady guy posing as Oceanic lawyer was creepy as hell. I love that guy, he's got such a cool look and voice. I hope he comes back.

Im suprised no one said anything about the Locke/Hurley/Jacob moment. Hurley saw Jacob too, what is locke doing there, and where was the line between hurley's craziness and weird shit that was happening? The dude at the institution with Hurley pointed Charlie out to him, so if it was a hallucination, why did someone else show it to him? Whats with the five seconds thing?

I loved it, I think the idea of showing whats happening on the island set with what's happened afterwards is perfect, and it should make things intense the closer they get to meeting back up. In terms of having anything answered tho, this episode just confused the shit out of me.

I thought it was a little odd that both Harold Perrineau and John Terry's names appeared in the opening credits yet neither appeared in the episode.

It's because they've joined the main cast. You get a credit for that even if you don't appear on a given episode.

The eye/eyebrow that peeked out the window at him looked like Locke to me.

EDIT: Or not. Just got a better look at it on the Lostpedia site. Definitely not Locke.

So here's what I'm thinking. Jack did something bad and/or really fucked up between leaving and returning back to the U.S.. When Jack went to visit Hurley, Jack wanted to know if Hurley had sad anything or not. So I'm wondering if Hurley isn't suppose to talk about what excatly happen on the Island or if Jack did something really fucked up between leaving the Island and returning back to the U.S..

Oceanic 6: There are only 6 people that returned from the Island. Either something happen to the rest or the rest stayed on the Island and only Kate, Jack, Hurley, ???, ???, ??? knows who stayed behind or if something happen to the rest.

Hurley also said that "he wanted them back there and he'll stop at nothing to get them back", so I'm wondering who "He" is.

My guesses are Jacob, Locke, or Walt.

I'll be in the city where my friend doesn't have cable.

WHO DOESN'T HAVE CABLE?!?

I don't have cable. I have an antennae. They were used in days before cable, to receive television frequencies.

ABC isn't a cable channel, silly.

Yeah, I know it isn't cable, but it came in all shitty.

So here's what I'm thinking. Jack did something bad and/or really fucked up between leaving and returning back to the U.S.. When Jack went to visit Hurley, Jack wanted to know if Hurley had sad anything or not. So I'm wondering if Hurley isn't suppose to talk about what excatly happen on the Island or if Jack did something really fucked up between leaving the Island and returning back to the U.S..

The prevailing theory seems to be the "Oceanic 6" were allowed to leave the island, in exchange for claiming to be the only survivors, presumably under penalty of the rest being killed if any of the O6 start revealing the truth.

That's the theory I came to myself while watching that and the previous finale.

Jack doing something bad and then coming back to the US doesn't make sense because there is a delayed reaction between his return and his descent into madness. Why would Hurley go nuts before Jack if Jack was the one who did something bad (after the island especially)?

If I remember reading correctly there will be both flashbacks and flashforwards this season. I wonder how easy/difficult it will be to tell which is which right off the bat? I'm guessing they won't all be as obvious as last night.

Sign in to follow this