TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Wouldn't the fact of what Daniel found written in his notebook -

Desmond Hume will be my constant

- pretty much confirm that he's caught in the same time-warp thinger?

I would think so. Perhaps he's been dealing with this problem for a while and that's the reason he caught the attention of whoever put their mission together. They knew they'd encounter this problem so they recruited someone who could deal with it.

I'm not ready to say Best Episode Ever like so many others, but it was pretty good. And I'm very glad that season 4 is off to a better start than season 3.

I want to see Desmond live through all of this, he's becoming my favorite character

I'm not ready to say best episode ever, either, but it's definitely the catalyst episode of this season for me. I wasn't into this season much at all until this episode. Can't wait to see the enhanced version next week.

Agreed on Desmond living. At least, if not that, then he'd better die a pretty damn noble death in the end. :P

When he was talking to Penny at the end I was just waiting to see him get shot to death after hanging up. Because it would have been incredibly sad. Thankfully the Lost team isn't headed by Joss Whedon...who likes to kill charactes I love in the most heartwrenching ways...just to make me sad.

Also...I really liked the beginning of season 3...

The look on Jacks face when they show him a tape of the Red Sox winning the series is my favorite Lost moment.

When he was talking to Penny at the end I was just waiting to see him get shot to death after hanging up. Because it would have been incredibly sad. Thankfully the Lost team isn't headed by Joss Whedon...who likes to kill charactes I love in the most heartwrenching ways...just to make me sad.

The look on Jacks face when they show him a tape of the Red Sox winning the series is my favorite Lost moment.

I was expecting him to die too. Fucking Whedon.

Wow. Just when I thought Locke had the Best Character title firmly back in his hands with the "dictatorship" exchange with Kate and sticking the grenade in Tails' mouth, Desmond has one of the top three episodes of the show built around him, and rocks the fucking house in it. The end was about as perfect a climax as I've seen in a TV show.

In what planet? I don't even think that's in my top 10.

My number one is probably Jack telling Shannon that Boone was dead when she was walking up the beach with Sayid. Either that or Charlie's death. Those two are easily ahead of everything - for me.

I like Desmond as a character - he's one of my favorites with one of the best backstories, but let's not blaspheme and put him ahead of the majesty that is John Locke. Locke has been the best character since day one and nothing has ever changed. The only time he was slightly less than perfect was when he was Jack's bitch in the hatch but that's excusable because it lead up to Locke becoming the leader.

Oh, don't get me wrong, Desmond hasn't beat Locke out yet. But whereas for most of the show Locke was the best character on the show by a nigh insurmountable margin. But now Desmond closed the gap and is following really closely behind Locke saying "Gimme it!" with Locke saying "No!"

Whedon's nothing compared to the Rescue Me guys. I mean I just re-watched season 2 and in 1 ep the Chief's wife slits her own throat and Tommy's son gets hit by a car.

Whedon's nothing compared to the Rescue Me guys. I mean I just re-watched season 2 and in 1 ep the Chief's wife slits her own throat and Tommy's son gets hit by a car.

Who the fuck is the Chief? Or this fucking Tommy fellow?

Are either of them Vampires or Space Pirates? Or Slayers of any kind?

And Locke has been emasculated by Ben way too many times to be any effective badass.

Thank you to Rudo for bringing that up, as Ben would be my favorite character... the way he takes the biggest badasses of LOST (Sayid, Locke, Sawyer, etc.) and talks down to them like their puppies and they just sit there and take it is awesome... dude plays that part so well.

Ben is pretty much a perfectly written character. I mean you can never tell when he is lying or telling the truth and he always seems 5 steps ahead of everyone else.

No - Ben is great. I say it all the time. The thing with Ben, though, is that Michael Emerson is such a fantastic actor that so much of Ben's greatness is derived from how Emerson delivers the little moments. He's just outstanding every moment he's on screen.

He's probably my second favorite behind Locke. All you Locke doubters are sleeping on his greatness. All of the best non flash-forward episodes have been Locke based. Futhermore, do you think we've seen the last of his awesomeness?

I have to believe that Locke is going to be the most important character from here til' the end of the series. We're not going to be seeing any Locke flash-forwards because I have no doubt that he's still on the island kicking ass and taking names until season six when everyone returns to the island.

He's the the power of the island at his fingertips. He just hasn't harnessed it yet, which is why Ben can get to him all the time.

There's no doubting the awesomeness of Terry O'Quinn - but Locke is a character I would love to see taking a dirt nap, permanently.

Ben's too smart, though. Everything in the show pretty much boils down to Ben scheming. There'll be a scene where Kate asks Sawyer why he's wearing velcro shoes and Sawyer will make some snide comment and then in the back, lurking in the shadows, Ben will be tenting his fingers with a smirk on his face.

Face we never expected to see again?

Michael, naturally

I didn't think it was a bad episode, but obviously not on par with last weeks. I am curious to hear Ben's explanation of Michael, assuming he's the man on the boat. Does Michael "unexpectedly" run into the freighter, as Ben planned, and forced to feed Ben info on the freighter people? How exactly does this work?

It's weird to see the Others once again turn into the magical, disappearing, whispering people once again. I don't think that was seen since season 2. I'd really love to get some kind of explanation for that.

I was a bit surprised when Jack could see the mean John Saxon type lady shrink. I dunno why, I just thought she'd disappear just before Jack showed up.

Ben is absolutely the best.

The dinner party scene was all-time.

So, Charles Widmore is after the island but has no idea his daughter is as well, or vice versa? Or is she somehow connected?

That was a pretty dope fight between Charlotte and Juliette, who was looking boobilicious all episode.

Ben (to Hurley & Sawyer): "See you at dinner." Awesome.

Oh, man, Jack is gonna be PISSED when he finds out Ben taped over the Red Sox World Series win. I bet that's what turned him into a bearded, pill-popping, crazy man.

Juliette, who was looking boobilicious all episode

Yes. Yes. Yes. She was lookin' fiiiiiine all episode.

Juliet and Claire were both looking mafuckin choice in that episode. I can dig where people are coming from with the whole "Not as good as last week" vibe but let's face it, last weeks episode was tough to live up to. I enjoyed that this episode answered questions from the past, filled in some timeline gaps from The Other's POV in terms of "flashbacks" and established what may or may not be the main focus of the next three seasons in Widmore and Co. vs Ben and The Island.

I think the most important thing about this episode was Ben's classic villianous ploy where he's pitting his two enemies (Locke and Widmore) against eachother. That was just too perfect.

This episode was definitely more story based, and saying 'well it wasnt as good as the best Lost episode ever' isn't exactly a knock.

I was under the impression that Ben and Juliette were an item at the time of the plan crash. Isn't that how the season 3 premiere played it off? Maybe I'm wrong

Sign in to follow this