TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Well, this was just pure speculation, but I figured he was rescued at sea and just gave a false name and story. "Hey, my boat ran out gas and I'm stranded. Give me a lift to shore? Thanks!"

The more that I think on it the more the idea that Michael survived, even for that short period of time in the real world is totally stupid. I'd like to have seen a scene during that episode with Michael, Walt and some unnamed Dharma guy letting them off somewhere civilized and warning Michael about the deal he made. The fact that he went back to the place where he was living before the crash is even more stupid as the likelihood of somebody recognizing him would be greatly increased.

Apparently that was a different actor playing Walt last night. I certainly didn't notice.

So who does everyone really think dug of all the bodies in Thailand... Ben or Widmore?

Really? I knew he looked WAY different. I wondered if it was part of a storyline or something.

I do like the idea that "the island" won't let the people who make it off the island die. Michael tried it and failed and Jack was ready to jump before the car crash interrupted his attempt. Wonder if we'll see Hurley/Sun/Kate try anything? Or maybe Aaron will try to hang himself from his kiddie bed?

A few thoughts:

1. How did Tom get to the mainland? Didn't the Swan's EM surge (which happened right after Michael left) make it impossible for the Others sub to make it back to the island? I thought that was Ben's arguement with Locke last season before Locke blew up the sub. Does this mean Tom just "appeared" on the mainland like some of the Others tend to just "appear" at random places?

2. Since the actor who plays Walt has aged roughly four years by now, does that mean we will see Walt in some flashforwards in coming seasons? Given that the forwards occus around 2008, the timing would be about right.

3. Frank took the frieghter shooters to the island. That must've been the "errand" he ran last episode.

Communication with the mainland is one thing, being able to actually visit is another.

And yeah, I think that it's Keamy and Omar that are behind the shootings.

When was it established that the ffwd's occur in 2008?

Now I know why this episode seemed so eh to me... no Jeremy Davies.

I wonder how key Miles is going to be later on. Seems like a character that they might have some big things in store for.

I don't know what to think about this episode. I don't really care about Michael, so a whole episode dedicated to him Bill-Murray-in-Groundhog-Daying himself wasn't all that entertaining. And Bens line of "You're one of the good guys!" was really, really, lame.

I thought it was a pretty good episode, still trying to piece together the future and the present, as weird as that sounds. I agree I didn't like the ending, it was a pretty important storyline and they devoted about 3 minutes to it.

I agree, I dig Miles, and that was a great, subtle touch with the "your names not Kevin", line.

Watching all of this go down really makes me want to know what or if anything goes down between Sayid and Desmond.

So if the Oceanic 6 are (Jack, Kate, Sayid, Sun, Aaron & Hurley) we know that Jack and Sun were on the beach, Aaron & Hurley were with Locke, Kate is in limbo and Sayid is on the boat.

It leads me to believe we know which side (Widmore v. Ben/Island) wins "this battle", but the how they are the 6, is still what intrigues me.

Pardon my drunken ramblings, just watched the episode and curious to see others opinions.

When was it established that the ffwd's occur in 2008?

It wasn't. Sun and Jin's estimated date of conception was October 26th, so the Sun flash forward from last week would have been in summer 2005.

I'm sorry, but who? Almost please correct me if I'm wrong, so no more new episodes until April?

I'm sorry, but who? Almost please correct me if I'm wrong, so no more new episodes until April?

I think Hanso is the head guy at the Dharma deal. And yeah, no new eps till April, and then they're getting stupid putting the show back at 10pm

I think Hanso is the head guy at the Dharma deal. And yeah, no new eps till April, and then they're getting stupid putting the show back at 10pm

10 PM works great for me. That means I won't have to choose between Lost and The Office.

What ever happened to Peter Stormare joining the cast? Hadn't the writers created a character that was specifically written for him?

I think things are starting to come together nicely I can already see a few past mysterious starting to make more sense. I'm not about to say anything earth-shattering that most hardcores haven't already put together, but here is basically my theory on what it all means:

In "Meet Kevin Johnson", we saw the Island stop Michael from killing himself. If the writers are to believed, this also ties in to why Jack didn't commit suicide (the sudden car crash) in his flash-forward. It looks like this is probability based. The Island somehow reaches out it's "Island Hand" and skews the probabilities for its own purposes.

My first thought was... this feels very similar to some of the weird stuff that happens on the Mainland involving Hurley/Numbers, as well as Juliet's ex-husband suddenly and conveniently being hit by the truck.

So basically, I believe we have our explanation of the Numbers in here somewhere. The Numbers are basically the "Island Hand" doing it's thing and skewing probabilities. Maybe it's a footprint, or a carrier code for "Island Power" or maybe The Numbers are the Island Hand. But basically they are one in the same.

We also know that Widmore is looking for the island, both before the crash and after it (Abbadon questioning Hurley and sending Naomi). It's assumed he set up the race around the world, with the "track" for the race going through the south pacific, hoping one of his racers will stumble upon it.

I think Libby worked for Widmore, conveniently gave Desmond the boat for the race, and was watching Hurley at the mental institute - actually, my theory is she was watching Leonard, and transferred to Hurley later when he won the lottery and strange stuff started happening all around it, so that's why she was on the plane, following Hurley, trying to track the "Island's Hand."

The big answer as to WHY the Island did this, why these people were on the plane, why it crashed, has sort of been revealed already: The Island is under attack and called for help, that's the grand motive and reason behind the crash, and the show as a whole. They were chosen to defend the Island. For reasons that are still a mystery to me, it picked these people and started using the Island Hand to arrange each of them to get on the plane - hence all the random coincidences and meetings and stuff in the flashbacks.

That's why it won't let Michael or Jack die after 'escaping' the island, it still needs their help. This tracks with why Locke didn't die in the ditch. Jacob to Locke: "Help Me". Jacob is basically "the island" - it's brain, or mind, or manifestation of it, whatever.

Losties = chosen defenders of the Island.

Most of this stuff is out there already, I only made two leaps here: 1) "You cant kill yourself" and the Numbers are the same phenomena, and 2) Libby works for Widmore. But i think it all fits together nicely, save for two things:

1) WTF is Smokey the Lostzilla, and how can something so apparently old (even DHARMA had the sonar fence to stop Lostzilla) be so "tech-y"

2) Why these particular people were chosen as the defenders

I suspect the answer to both of these is time travel related somehow. That's the part that's still a mystery but most everything else is starting to clear up.

Am I the only one thinking that The Island might sort of be like a Garden of Eden? Aging process is slowed, people miraculously heal, etc. And that the smoke monster... fuck, it's like you go against what The Island wants... you get dealt with. Wish I knew how to explain this better, but I'm tired as hell. I'll try again after some sleep.

I think that's a pretty good summary, metroman. I feel like most of that will be revealed over the coming seasons. These people are definitely there for a reason and the coincidences aren't coincidences at all.

People complained about that forever but when it starts to play out that they aren't chance encounters then it's just phenomenally done.

I can see Libby working for Widmore but I'm not sure about the numbers. I had a feeling they were done after The Lost Experience. That would be interesting though.

I have to say - I don't think the writers had all of this planned so well until maybe mid-season 3 when the announcement of 3 more seasons came out. But they've done a great job integrating this phenomenal story into what they had. I'm sure they had a thin framework planned out from the beginning anyway.

http://www.tv.com/story/11144.html?tag=gum...om_clk=gumballs

By Tim Surette - TV.com

April 14, 2008 at 10:46:00 AM | more stories by this author

Two-hour, two-week finale becomes three-hour, three-week event with break in middle; Grey's cap also stretched an extra hour.

Lost must be feeling a little bit like its time-jumping Scotsman Desmond right now. It's on one week, off for another few weeks, is getting rebroadcast with "enhanced" versions at other times--a bit confusing in the space-time continuum of television scheduling.

"You kids stay off my lawn! Don't tell me what I can't do!"

And things just got a bit more complicated--probably for the best for Lost fans. As rumored last week, ABC has approved an extra hour of Lost this season, extending the series to a total of 14 hours for season four, according to E! Online. The program was slated to have 16 hours of run time this season, but complications from the writers' strike lopped off a few episodes from the schedule.

For Lost fans, more Lost trumps any other small inconveniences, so an extra hour of the sci-fi drama this season overshadows what ABC had to do to squeeze the additional 60 minutes.

The final two episodes are being branded as a Lost three-hour finale, with one hour on May 15 and two hours on May 29. Why no Lost on May 22? Apparently Lost masterminds Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse were able to convince the network that the final two hours of this season had to be shown together.

In making the arrangement, Lost--which begins airing at 10 p.m. when it returns April 24--then bumped its final episode a week, presumably to move up to the more viewer-friendly 9 p.m.-11 p.m. slot.

This, in turn, opened up the May 22 10 p.m.-11 p.m. time period, which ABC has decided to use to add another hour to the finale of Grey's Anatomy. A two-hour Grey's Anatomy season finale will now air that night after the one-hour Ugly Betty season finale.

An extra hour of Lost at the cost of another (short) break between episodes--is it worth it? More Grey's Anatomy! Comment below!

Wait what? When the hell is the next new episode of Lost? In May? I'm confused.

Wait what? When the hell is the next new episode of Lost? In May? I'm confused.

In making the arrangement, Lost--which begins airing at 10 p.m. when it returns April 24--then bumped its final episode a week, presumably to move up to the more viewer-friendly 9 p.m.-11 p.m. slot.

Sign in to follow this